Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2020, 08:58 AM

4,607 posts, read 6,429,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
ok, I did not buy this but it popped up on my facebook feed and I am intrigued.
So it's an outlet cover, that has led light sensor. Where I was excited about our ikea sensor nighlights, this would even free up the outlet ( if that was a concern). Still I thought pretty neat especially for a hallway or bathroom.
https://bestbck.com/collections/fami...pf_kZqpaSnW2XI
So awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 07:31 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
ok, I did not buy this but it popped up on my facebook feed and I am intrigued.
So it's an outlet cover, that has led light sensor. Where I was excited about our ikea sensor nighlights, this would even free up the outlet ( if that was a concern). Still I thought pretty neat especially for a hallway or bathroom.
https://bestbck.com/collections/fami...pf_kZqpaSnW2XI
We ordered ours online. Our bathroom does not have electrical outlets. The company (also saw advertised on Facebook) has multiple cover plate night lights in different color plates. We ordered an ivory light switch cover plate nightlight. Local stores only had the electrical cover plate nightlight and only in pure white. Waiting for it to arrive.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:09 AM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default Sharp !

New kitchen knife. A Japanese Nakiri knife.
TOJIRO 37Layered DP Damascus Steel Nakiri Model # F-660 $120 USD
Not the cheapest nor the most expensive. Made in Japan with mostly automated processes.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:12 AM

1,066 posts, read 766,970 times
We bought this fan several months ago when we redecorated the bathroom. Home Depot (.com) has it but I think I found a better price elsewhere, don't remember now.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Dec...4-BN/205958908

I was skeptical because the reviews looked to be hit or miss. Have had none of the issues others have mentioned (so far).

This little fan is much quieter than we expected it to be and moves air really well. We were hoping that it would dry out the bathroom after using the shower and it really does a good job.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:28 PM

Got our Snap Power light switch cover nightlight for our bathroom in the mail today. Instructions say to turn off power to switch before installing. As simple as installing a new light switch cover. It is slightly longer and wider than traditional light switch covers so that may be an issue if the switch is close to a door frame. Light projects downwards and is a white light. Turns off when room light is turned on. Will see how well it works after dark. Our eyes are currently adjusted to sunshine.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:28 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
https://shop.stressless.com/en/recli...11430150938011

We bought DH this chair in light tan color. He loves it. He took his time choosing it. I think it was a good choice.

Old 09-29-2020, 02:37 PM

Use date. The nightlight cover plate has a switch in the room light sensor. The glass bulb for the sensor can be slid in three positions; off, low power, & high power. Will leave on high power tonight.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:46 AM

Update on the Snap Power light switch cover plate nightlight. During the day it was so dim my wife was afraid it wouldn’t be effective. During the night it was nearly perfect. Provided ample light without having the usual harsh intensity of LED lights. I have slightly reduced night visibility and could see well enough without having to turn on the lights. You know those motion sensor toilet lights that hangs on the edge of the toilet bowl? We had bought one new and hooked it on the towel rod as a nightlight. Seems wife liked the new nightlight so much she took the batteries out the previous nightlight. It would shut off too soon and we were waiving our arms to get it to come back on.

Would I recommend this product? Yes and no. They’re not cheap. This single switch cover plate is close to $20 and cheap knockoff electrical outlet cover plate nightlights are still roughly in the $10 range. A traditional nightlight is cheaper and offers more options in light throw, light color, and design style. This design keeps both electrical sockets open for use while still providing pathway lighting. A light switch cover plate nightlight will also show you and visitors the location of the light switch. In our case there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom so this was the best option for us. We don’t see a need for other cover plate nightlights in our home. Wouldn’t use it in a bedroom as the light is white. An amber nightlight is best for bedroom sleeping. Good for all other rooms in the home.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:49 AM

Just checked with the Snap Power site and they’ve debuted a new product that would be very handy for homes with long hallways. Multiple cover plate nightlights with motion sensor to all come on when one senses motion to light up the entire hallway.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:58 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,422,252 times
Silbran- that recliner looks nice. I went to the website via the link, and man oh man if that is not the most aggressive difficult website to maneuver. I put in (of of ) my email and gave info because I wanted a price. I got 3 emails from them that told me nothing and I am now trying to unsubscribe.
The chair looks nice and we have had similar looking ones ( for much less $) so I was interested. I am sure it's a good product and it is sold at stores nearby ( I was thankfully able to learn that on their website!!!) so I may check it out. But what a horrible website! Talk about discouraging business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House