Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2021, 08:08 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,953,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I'm too lazy to go back through the thread but I do recall, as I've been reading it, I've come across a few nasty or snarky posts that made me scratch my head over the meanness of people.
Some of us have our doubts that this whole thing is legit; to each his or her own opinion.

She's been given very good advice, the best of which is to sell and rent so she can easily move if it happens a FOURTH time in a row.

Instead, OP continues posting ad nauseum, now in victim mode.

Something doesn't add up here.

Last edited by otterhere; 10-28-2021 at 09:38 AM..

Old 10-28-2021, 09:32 AM

102 posts, read 86,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The structure of the home could be related to something happening with the AC or other appliances, such as the ducting hitting something. When my sump pump runs, the noises can be really loud when the sump is having to work hard. The machine will vibrate and the make the pipes bang on other parts of the home. Keep in mind that all your pipes and ducts are going to run through the walls and possibly the ceiling. It seems like you have had someone go into your attic, but it isn’t unusual for something to get disconnected up there. My parents had a disconnected dryer vent for a long time and I think I had a fan vent that disconnected.

unfortunately, the noises occur even when no appliances are running. We had a few inspectors/engineers at the house, checked all the pipes, all the vent. They checked the attic, the roof, and so far they could not detect the problem

Old 10-28-2021, 09:44 AM

First of all, Moving is NOT an option for me right now, despite what some call it "a very good advice". I'm behind at work, have already moved three times and have ended up in broken homes one after another. Obviously a lot of homes may have this issue that may not be detectable. I also have kids at school, moving in middle of school year is a nightmare. Plus what guarantees that the next home isn't as broken as this one? Obviously no amount of inspection can detect this problem. I've had it in multiple homes.

Second, wishing harm upon others is a terrible state for your mind. It's grotesque for some people to suggest that "because of lack of sleep, I'm at the end of my rope. I could get sick, end up in a "nut house", lose my job, or go to to prison". It's just beyond me how some are justifying, promoting or taking pride in this behavior.

Third, by suggesting that I should close this thread, some maybe worried that the truth will finally come out about the cheap flimsy way we build homes in America. This is a warning to those who are planning to move, the house will look fine on the surface, the inspector will not find any issues, but your home is broken in so many ways. I moved three times, and I'm dead set to find a solution this time IF I CAN. I'm not posting here for empathy, portraying myself as a victim, or have others feel sorry for me. Your home is supposed to be your refuge, not a place to run away from.

I'm only interested in folks who can offer me a viable solution at this point other than moving or nasty mean comments. If someone has had this issue and has managed to fix it, please let me know. We've ruled out plumbing, AC, pipes, and vents. Unfortunately, an engineer, two builders and an inspector who were at the house in the past few weeks couldn't see any damage to offer any solutions yet.

Thank you all.

Last edited by coolsara; 10-28-2021 at 10:04 AM..

Old 10-28-2021, 12:46 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times
Again, NOBODY is wishing you harm. Suggesting that you are stressed is not such a foreign idea, based on your allegations.

Old 10-28-2021, 12:59 PM

7,517 posts, read 3,231,998 times
Where I live the housing market is so tight only problematic homes are for sale. It is one of the worst times to be a buyer.

Old 10-28-2021, 01:09 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,808,528 times
I have read most of the thread, but have not memorized it.
Have you invited some friends to stay overnight?

Old 10-28-2021, 01:13 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsara View Post
Third, by suggesting that I should close this thread, some maybe worried that the truth will finally come out about the cheap flimsy way we build homes in America. This is a warning to those who are planning to move, the house will look fine on the surface, the inspector will not find any issues, but your home is broken in so many ways. I moved three times, and I'm dead set to find a solution this time IF I CAN. I'm not posting here for empathy, portraying myself as a victim, or have others feel sorry for me. Your home is supposed to be your refuge, not a place to run away from.

Ah.. And there you go.

Old 10-28-2021, 01:55 PM

We are literally being told to put up with these flimsy low quality wood chip glued stucco homes and stop complaining. And when things go wrong (which they eventually would), everyone starts attacking you or blaming you or pretend as if this mess is your fault, and somehow you deserve it. Then we end up passing the buck to someone else and it would be their problem. Right now with home prices soaring, there is a house in my area that I know has a major leak at the foundation level (nightmare to resolve), broken AC, leaky roof (they painted it to cover it up) and all kinds of other nightmarish issues that inspectors CANNOT find, for 750K.

But Let's not talk about the "elephant in the room" and instead use distraction and insults and point fingers at each other by not addressing how a poor quality house is a source of incremental revenue for the government and corporations: Home Depot sells materials and tools needed to keep that house standing. Medical conditions caused by molds keep doctors and pharmaceuticals in business. Making room for mice and roaches behind that drywall makes Exterminators and chemical industry rich. Fights between neighbors on unbearable noise through paper-thin walls makes lawyers wealthy, and as if all that wasn't bad enough, and you end up paying more for a single family home not to share walls or ceiling/floor with neighbors, your ceiling and walls will pop, bang and snap so loud that makes you jump out of your skin. All are winners at expense of American consumers while we are distracted and fighting.

Those who suggest that I should move right away have NO IDEA what's involved when you are planning to move, especially in a tight housing market. You cannot just get up and leave, I wish I could. Even in a hot housing market. it would take months to sell the house and a lot longer to find a new place to live, not to mention how much money you end up losing when you sell within a few months of purchase. And what guarantee do I have that the next place isn't as bad as this one or maybe even worse?

Last edited by coolsara; 10-28-2021 at 02:16 PM..

Old 10-28-2021, 03:52 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,567,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Some of us have our doubts that this whole thing is legit; to each his or her own opinion.

She's been given very good advice, the best of which is to sell and rent so she can easily move if it happens a FOURTH time in a row.

Instead, OP continues posting ad nauseum, now in victim mode.

Something doesn't add up here.

Well that happens with a lot of threads. And when people continue to reply it keeps it going. If it nauseates someone, that someone can stop reading the thread. That's the beauty of forums. One can walk away and never return to a subject that has started to annoy.

Old 10-28-2021, 04:00 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,472,539 times
my water heater in the attic used to make noises like popping popcorn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House