Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:04 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times

Advertisements

Got cha!

Old 01-29-2011, 08:12 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,005,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Do people of all races really blend together in Houston or are they in their own enclaves?
Most neighborhoods have some mix in them but you find enclaves of all this or all that. But great diversity as Houston seems to be a lot of "live and let live" and people seems to get along and socialize well. I think however that diversity works best when people (of all races) aren't too overly sensitive and learn to laugh at themselves and each other and at the associated stereotypes and then enjoy each other's company and learn from one another. Its a basic understanding and respect of the fact that we are all humans and that we all have our cultural differences.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:59 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,794,279 times
This "Diversity Overrated" thread is useless to be honest... I am not even sure why we're having this discussion. Diversity to me is just second nature and I am sure it feels the same way for many other people. Why are we're wasting our time to justify or acknowledge our diversity? Unless you feel insecure about yourself? Not trying to put anybody down but I find this hole thing a bit childish...

Old 01-29-2011, 09:08 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,055,953 times
I don't get why people always make new "Houston diversity" threads.

We're a Top 6 level diverse city in America. Like I don't get why we always have to keep stating that as if people look at a post once and then completely forget it 10 days later and have to see it again.

I'll make it simple, and if anyone refutes it I will come back here and provide information but:
- We are the most integrated big city in the "American South" region
- We are the most cosmopolitan and diverse big city in the "American South" region
- We are one of the Top 4 MOST diverse cities in the country racially
- We have ethnic enclaves in abundance for a lot of the cultures represented here

Agh, these threads tick me off so much. Because there's already like 33723485735893 threads on Houston diversity that I've responded too. Like I don't know how many more times I have to say it, we ARE the most diverse big American city in the region of the American South and one of the MOST in the country!!

Then Dallas-Fort Worth & Miami-Fort Lauderdale are next up closely behind us.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:09 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,053,807 times
"whole"

i think people should acknowledge diversity as it brings a lot of positives and is just cool to live in a city with so much of it. yes it seems to be a theme that comes up a lot. i am assuming people who are moving to houston ask about it so it pops up a lot. not everyone knows how to search a forum

Old 01-29-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
I don't get why people always make new "Houston diversity" threads.

We're a Top 6 level diverse city in America. Like I don't get why we always have to keep stating that as if people look at a post once and then completely forget it 10 days later and have to see it again.

I'll make it simple, and if anyone refutes it I will come back here and provide information but:
- We are the most integrated big city in the "American South" region
- We are the most cosmopolitan and diverse big city in the "American South" region
- We are one of the Top 4 MOST diverse cities in the country racially
- We have ethnic enclaves in abundance for a lot of the cultures represented here

Agh, these threads tick me off so much. Because there's already like 33723485735893 threads on Houston diversity that I've responded too. Like I don't know how many more times I have to say it, we ARE the most diverse big American city in the region of the American South and one of the MOST in the country!!

Then Dallas-Fort Worth & Miami-Fort Lauderdale are next up closely behind us.
Sorry! MY BAD!

Old 01-29-2011, 09:29 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,677,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
This "Diversity Overrated" thread is useless to be honest... I am not even sure why we're having this discussion. Diversity to me is just second nature and I am sure it feels the same way for many other people. Why are we're wasting our time to justify or acknowledge our diversity? Unless you feel insecure about yourself? Not trying to put anybody down but I find this hole thing a bit childish...
Sorry Ethan, I guess we just got carried away and forgot to ask you for permission to post things again. We know how much it bugs you when this stuff slips by and you have to correct everyone. It won't happen again.

Sincerely,

Everyone else on the internet

Old 01-29-2011, 09:29 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,850,558 times
I'd say that Texas as a whole is pretty diverse and integrated, but it seems to be mostly teenagers and young adults that are more apt to intermingle with other races.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I'd say that Texas as a whole is pretty diverse and integrated, but it seems to be mostly teenagers and young adults that are more apt to intermingle with other races.
I've noticed that!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:28 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,794,279 times
Dude this whole diversity thing is overrated. And if you read between the lines is coming from the same dude A&M Bulldawg which happens to stick out all the time with his race comments? Who effing cares? Get over A&M Bulldawg, look forward and blend in just like everyone else... If your blender broke I will buy one, for free.... Get on with man.....

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...est-state.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Sorry Ethan, I guess we just got carried away and forgot to ask you for permission to post things again. We know how much it bugs you when this stuff slips by and you have to correct everyone. It won't happen again.

Sincerely,

Everyone else on the internet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston