Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:40 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Cinco Ranch and Sienna Plantation is very diverse. Mainly folks from South and East Asia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
You keep saying that. I guess you don't see all those other people that live out there. Have you actually been there?
What CJ said and I don't know about Cinco Ranch but are you saying that Sienna Plantation is mostly made up of South & East Asians? Or are you saying that South & East Asians account for the majority of the diversity in SP?

Either way - nope. I don't have any numbers to support my nope but that's certainly not what I see around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
There is a new waterpark there too.
And wild pigs.

And the house where Teri Meri Dosti was filmed last summer.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:42 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
What CJ said and I don't know about Cinco Ranch but are you saying that Sienna Plantation is mostly made up of South & East Asians? Or are you saying that South & East Asians account for the majority of the diversity in SP?

Either way - nope. I don't have any numbers to support my nope but that's certainly not what I see around here.

And wild pigs.

And the house where Teri Meri Dosti was filmed last summer.
Can you provide those numbers?

Old 01-30-2011, 01:48 AM

5 posts, read 12,773 times
Idk, I lived in Houston two years and was shocked the first time I was told "It's okay to be racist, this is Houston" by a proud native.
A mix may live in close proximity, but tolerance and acceptance definitely isn't stressed in the culture there from what I saw.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:51 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Can you provide those numbers?
Dude, you quoted me saying "I have no numbers to support...".

From what I see living here: going to different events, going to the park, walking, driving through the various neighborhoods, etc...the majority here is still white but there is clearly a representation of different ethnic groups.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:19 AM

711 posts, read 1,856,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper.james View Post
A mix may live in close proximity, but tolerance and acceptance definitely isn't stressed in the culture there from what I saw.
You apparently think it's only the whites who are racist.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:18 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,677,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Dude this whole diversity thing is overrated. And if you read between the lines is coming from the same dude A&M Bulldawg which happens to stick out all the time with his race comments? Who effing cares? Get over A&M Bulldawg, look forward and blend in just like everyone else... If your blender broke I will buy one, for free.... Get on with man.....

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...est-state.html
Dude, what does mine say? White people say the darndest things.

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:30 PM..

Old 01-30-2011, 04:28 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,677,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper.james View Post
Idk, I lived in Houston two years and was shocked the first time I was told "It's okay to be racist, this is Houston" by a proud native.
It's funny because when I moved to Houston two years ago, the local welcome wagon brought us all white sheets with hoods to help us fit right in. It was a really thoughtful gesture. We find the cross burnings to be great opportunities to mingle with and get to know our neighbors too.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:51 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
It's funny because when I moved to Houston two years ago, the local welcome wagon brought us all white sheets with hoods to help us fit right in. It was a really thoughtful gesture. We find the cross burnings to be great opportunities to mingle with and get to know our neighbors too.
That's crazy because when I got here; my neighbors welcomed me with a burning cross in my lawn. Such a friendly city.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:46 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Dude, you quoted me saying "I have no numbers to support...".

From what I see living here: going to different events, going to the park, walking, driving through the various neighborhoods, etc...the majority here is still white but there is clearly a representation of different ethnic groups.
Oh Lord, I was so sleepy when I quoted you! Forgive me! LOL!

Old 01-30-2011, 01:24 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,203,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
That's crazy because when I got here; my neighbors welcomed me with a burning cross in my lawn. Such a friendly city.
You two made me snort coffee through my nose. I hate that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston