Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 06:27 PM

705 posts, read 1,259,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
What kind of successful kids has South Katy produced so far?
What's your definition of successful?

My point of view goes back to parental involvement in determining how well a school does. The students have the support system at school and at home. How well a school rates attracts families, hence making certain areas more desirable.

Last edited by Kiovo; 11-27-2013 at 06:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 03:13 PM

293 posts, read 756,365 times
Looks like they are about to start building a ton of new homes north of I-10. I know some of the Cypress building would be considered more south 290. Newland Communities ( Cinco Ranch developer ) has about 4,000 acres under contract in the vicinity of Hwy. 529 and Grand Parkway.

Growth on horizon in area north of I-10 - Community Impact Newspaper

Old 11-28-2013, 04:47 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
That's a little too wide of a brush I think. I bet many of our parents lived in lower income neighborhoods that lead 'to more yards looking crappy, homes not being well taken care of, more punk kids, more crime, and crappier schools'. How did you turn out? In other words, it's all relative. Do you think the kids of River Oaks see Cinco as great as their 'hood?
It's all relative indeed. I bet my house that nobody in this forum belongs to the top 1% income earners (they are to busy making that next million to bother with useless forums post). To them (1%ers) we are all equally worthless.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:10 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,115 times
Newland communities having 4,000 acres on the north side is possibly the best thing that could happen. Should balance out the area nicely. I know Bridgleand is going to be huge as well. It's only a matter of time before 99 is a parking lot (1-2 years?).

Old 11-28-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
It's all relative indeed. I bet my house that nobody in this forum belongs to the top 1% income earners (they are to busy making that next million to bother with useless forums post). To them (1%ers) we are all equally worthless.
]
According to CNN, making at least $394k a year qualifies someone to be in the 1%.

What it takes to get into the top 1% - Nov. 20, 2012

Might want to rethink that bet!

All that Grand Parkway traffic will make I10 and 290 a parking lot.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
According to CNN, making at least $394k a year qualifies someone to be in the 1%.

What it takes to get into the top 1% - Nov. 20, 2012

Might want to rethink that bet!

All that Grand Parkway traffic will make I10 and 290 a parking lot.
"But on average, the top 1% earned $1.12 million, up from $980,000 the year before."

one comment had the following point : "Please don't confuse 1% of income and wealth. These are two very different things." This is an excellent point as well.

This does not tell the whole story either, I would need to know what is the median and mode before capitulating to your assumption. Statistics are funny, they are what they are but different people will interpret them to suit their arguments. I suspect it would only help my point rather then hurt it though.

I stand by my original post.

Last edited by lipbalm; 11-28-2013 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 11-28-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
"But on average, the top 1% earned $1.12 million, up from $980,000 the year before."

one comment had the following point : "Please don't confuse 1% of income and wealth. These are two very different things." This is an excellent point as well.

This does not tell the whole story either, I would need to know what is the median and mode before capitulating to your assumption. Statistics are funny, they are what they are but different people will interpret them to suit their arguments. I suspect it would only help my point rather then hurt it though.

I stand by my original post.
Your original post just stated 1% income earners, it did not say anything about "average" or "median" income of 1%'s. And $394k of income qualifies as being in the 1%, I didn't say anything about how much wealth they have on top of income.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
Your original post just stated 1% income earners, it did not say anything about "average" or "median" income of 1%'s. And $394k of income qualifies as being in the 1%, I didn't say anything about how much wealth they have on top of income.
Millionaires and Billionaires still look down on you (even if you make 400K per year and live in Katy) and me (I am not even close to 400K) so.....that was my point....again, it's all relative.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:18 AM

498 posts, read 837,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
It depends, and I know that first hand because my wife's aunt (a realtor) wanted us to rent our Katy home to a family who live in Seven Meadows, but want their two sons to attend Katy High. You might have the same thought as I... why not rent an apartment? Not sure why, but they had to have a house. We are selling, so we did not rent it to them.
Are you implying that to attend Katy High School you must live in a house, and not an apartment?

Old 11-29-2013, 07:20 AM

498 posts, read 837,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I beg to differ. there are more punk (and spoiled) kids south of the freeway than north. My friends once got sprayed with paintball guns by idiot kids on South Fry.
How do you know the kids weren't from some other area, and just driving on South Fry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston