Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 02:15 PM

3,185 posts, read 2,073,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
1. Thats ultimately up to the jury. If they feel that a police officer subduing a large, drug-addled, erratic suspect in a by-the-books manner exactly as he was trained to do is somehow a murderer because said drug addict had horrible health and was high on 4x the amount of fentanyl it takes to kill a person died, they'll convict. No person with an above-80 IQ can seriously argue with a straight face that its murder either way.

2. It's clear you're impotently grasping at straws if you're putting forth "actually 'hoopin' c-could to-totally just mean b-basketball in th-this case... yeah, thats the ticket" as a serious point of contention. Just stop. You're not a serious person.

In the end, this is a simple case of racial grievance against whites. A black criminal died, everyone rushed to judgement because they were told he was asphyxiated by a white cop, then when it was revealed that didn't happen, cognitive dissonance is causing these same people to try to justify charges that never should've been leveled.

Chauvin did nothing wrong. Fentanyl Floyd on the other hand did everything wrong, his whole life, and it ultimately ended because of his own poor choices.
There were already multiple witnesses that said what Chauvin did was not how they were trained to restrain an uncooperative suspect. The problem with you is you're either ignorant of the facts or just straight up lying to support what you've already decided happened in your mind. I suspect its the latter given your childlike response.

And again, you weren't there. You don't know what he meant and you clearly don't know the first thing about how Houston people talk. You can assume what he meant all you want but that certainly doesnt make it true anymore than my assumption. No one knows. I've honestly never heard anyone here use the term hoopin to mean anything but basketball. Period. It's a pointless idea to make it about drugs because there's reasonable doubt either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Honestly curious. Do you actually live in Houston?
There is no way he lives in Houston lol. Just an out of state troll of some sort here to taunt based on a bunch of make-believe. Sad.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:23 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 8 days ago)

8,393 posts, read 5,549,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
There is no way he lives in Houston lol. Just an out of state troll of some sort here to taunt based on a bunch of make-believe. Sad.
Its pretty obvious he doesnt live in Houston. His first posts in this forum were on this thread. And if he doesnt live in Houston, he wouldnt be qualified to answer whether or not hes missed here.

Granted I think the idea that "Houston misses George Floyd" is a bit over the top, but the trolling is getting ridiculous.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:22 PM

435 posts, read 455,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
As I've said before, even if Chauvin gets off, he & his family are in danger. He's a loser no matter how you look at it: He lost his job, his wife left him, so unless you're going to support Chauvin and his family, you might want to fall back on this one.
Lol appealing to mob justice because your impotent musings trying to push guilt onto an innocent man have failed is not an argument, but it is a tacit admission that you can't dispute Chauvin's innocence. Very telling! You may want to fall back on posting forever with weak takes like that.

Last edited by Kid Ashbury; 04-12-2021 at 04:33 PM..

Old 04-13-2021, 11:18 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,572,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
Lol appealing to mob justice because your impotent musings trying to push guilt onto an innocent man have failed is not an argument, but it is a tacit admission that you can't dispute Chauvin's innocence. Very telling! You may want to fall back on posting forever with weak takes like that.
As much as you cape for Derek Chauvin, are you getting financial support from his family? I've disputed Chauvin's innocence from Day 1 and will continue doing so, because with video footage and multiple testimonies proving Chauvin killed Floyd, I'm convinced he's flat-out guilty. Even the MPD police chief said Chauvin's actions were not in line with his training. I expected Chauvin to plead not guilty because that's what cowards do when they don't want to own up to what they did, even with video footage. I hope you don't live in Houston posting this foolishness because you're showing your skirt.

Old 04-13-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Its pretty obvious he doesnt live in Houston. His first posts in this forum were on this thread. And if he doesnt live in Houston, he wouldnt be qualified to answer whether or not hes missed here.

Granted I think the idea that "Houston misses George Floyd" is a bit over the top, but the trolling is getting ridiculous.
There's plenty of trolls around here for sure, as well as a bunch of people who are callous about the loss of life if they think they are better than the person that died. Some are one and the same as we see here.

I don't care about the title of the thread to be honest. Over the top yes, but no one deserves to die due to such negligence (at a minimum), regardless of their past.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:50 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,086,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
Is George Floyd's death, as Joe Biden said last summer, more impactful than Martin Luther King Jr's assassination?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bi...rge-floyd-mlk/

Quote:
U.S. President Joe Biden once said "Dr. King's assassination did not have the worldwide impact that George Floyd's death did."
And this was correctly attributed: Biden did say that. However:

Quote:
In full context, Biden appeared to be making a point less about the relative historic importance of King’s life and achievements, but rather the global audience that watched cellphone video footage of Floyd’s death.

However, Biden also referred to “the millions of people marching around the world” in response to Floyd’s death, so his argument did not appear to be limited only to the manner in which modern technology enabled footage of Floyd’s death to reach a global audience.

Floyd’s death did indeed inspire protests and demonstrations of solidarity throughout the world, in the ensuing days and weeks. In Germany and England, high-profile professional soccer players made gestures of support for Floyd, and for the broader Black Lives Matter movement.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:25 PM

Chauvin got convicted on all three counts.

I'm waiting for the same for Gerald Goines. Out with the dirty cops.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:15 PM

2,551 posts, read 4,062,070 times
Yeah, so if you're flying the Blue Lives Matter flag in front of your house today, as I just saw, what are you saying, exactly? That no matter what the circumstances are, back the blue?

Old 04-20-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Yeah, so if you're flying the Blue Lives Matter flag in front of your house today, as I just saw, what are you saying, exactly? That no matter what the circumstances are, back the blue?
An important thing prosecutors did in the trial is that they stated the police were not on trial, but that it was Chauvin himself who had done wrong. There were African-American jurors who expressed support for both BLM and for police: the act of the prosecutor to separate Chauvin from "the police" was crucial.

IF someone is saying Back the Blue and is backing Chauvin automatically, that IMO is problematic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston