Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 05:48 PM

814 posts, read 681,262 times

Advertisements

Yesterday's and today's testimony was a big win for the defense.
We will see what the future holds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 07:33 PM

435 posts, read 456,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
No evidence of it at all, yet the coroner himself ruled the death a homicide.
The coroner said there was no damage to the neck and no evidence of asphyxiation. Since you believe the coroner, you just made my point for me

Old 04-08-2021, 05:07 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,577,919 times
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/key-takeaw...235935158.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/key-takeaw...ry?id=76905685

Momentum is building against Chauvin. Doesn't get more clear than testimonials from key people who worked with or trained Chauvin.

Old 04-08-2021, 06:50 AM

14,249 posts, read 4,635,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
How many of us have never made a mistake in our lives? I'll wait. George Floyd was loved & respected by all who knew him, but I guess people would rather look at the bad he did. Floyd's kids have to grow up without their father, and that's what makes me feel bad about his death.
mistakes like robbery, or pointed a gun at pregnant woman, or 8 times running in with the law? We have a word for criminal like Floyd, it's called "recidivism"
I can proudly say i never made "mistake" like that.

It doesn't mean Floyd deserved to die like that, but we shouldn't worship Floyd like he's Mother Teresa.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:54 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,098,022 times
One possible reason why people are overlooking the very crimes that Floyd did do (and it seems he repented for them) was that the cops who killed him could not have known that he did those crimes, so various members of the African-American community are afraid that they too could end up like him. (white people should not feel immune, see Rhogena Nicholas and Dennis Tuttle)

If anything it's progressive to recognize that a person who did serious crimes, did his time, and repented for it is now being treated as a victim when police kill him in an unjustified manner for a petty crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
mistakes like robbery, or pointed a gun at pregnant woman, or 8 times running in with the law? We have a word for criminal like Floyd, it's called "recidivism"
I can proudly say i never made "mistake" like that.

It doesn't mean Floyd deserved to die like that, but we shouldn't worship Floyd like he's Mother Teresa.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:48 AM

3,209 posts, read 2,091,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
One possible reason why people are overlooking the very crimes that Floyd did do (and it seems he repented for them) was that the cops who killed him could not have known that he did those crimes, so various members of the African-American community are afraid that they too could end up like him. (white people should not feel immune, see Rhogena Nicholas and Dennis Tuttle)

If anything it's progressive to recognize that a person who did serious crimes, did his time, and repented for it is now being treated as a victim when police kill him in an unjustified manner for a petty crime.
Precisely. All of this "but he was a scumbag" talk is ridiculous because the cops didn't know any of that. Even if they did, street justice is not what this is all about. What George Floyd's history is doesn't matter at all in the adjudication of this case.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:35 PM

11,893 posts, read 8,137,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Precisely. All of this "but he was a scumbag" talk is ridiculous because the cops didn't know any of that. Even if they did, street justice is not what this is all about. What George Floyd's history is doesn't matter at all in the adjudication of this case.
I’m not advocating for or against Mr.Floyd but technically the arresting officer (Chauvin) did know Mr.Floyd prior to the arrest.

https://www.ajc.com/news/did-george-...p3H1LBBqcebKN/

Old 04-08-2021, 12:43 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 24 days ago)

8,462 posts, read 5,603,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
The coroner said there was no damage to the neck and no evidence of asphyxiation. Since you believe the coroner, you just made my point for me
Are you not familiar with the term "cause of death"? Its clearly on the autopsy and filled out as "homicide".

Old 04-08-2021, 02:23 PM

3,209 posts, read 2,091,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I’m not advocating for or against Mr.Floyd but technically the arresting officer (Chauvin) did know Mr.Floyd prior to the arrest.

https://www.ajc.com/news/did-george-...p3H1LBBqcebKN/
Knowing someone because they occasionally cross paths in the same place doesn't mean at all he knew his history. How many casual acquaintances does the average person tell his or her deep dark secrets to?

Unless Chauvin has actually arrested or run Floyd's information in the past, its highly doubtful he knew enough about him, and he and Floyd's interactions in the video didn't indicate a high degree of familiarity between the two.

At the end of the day though, it really doesn't matter if he knew him or not - if the same thing happened to, for example, Dylann Roof (fat chance right?) while he was getting arrested I would have the same view on this. Police brutality is unacceptable no matter what.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:49 PM

435 posts, read 456,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Are you not familiar with the term "cause of death"? Its clearly on the autopsy and filled out as "homicide".
I am. You clearly don't know what that means. But hey, Ashli Babbitt's (the woman in the capitol on Jan 6th who was shot in the neck) death was just ruled a homicide today, I'm sure that means you agree the black police officer who shot her murdered her and should be charged for her murder, right?

You wouldn't be inconsistent with your views depending on the race of the people involved, would you? Lets hope not, that would make you an actual racist.

Just gonna leave this here for the Fentanyl Floyd-loving science-deniers:

Cheers

Last edited by Kid Ashbury; 04-08-2021 at 09:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston