Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 08:33 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
Houstonites
It's "Houstonians." And for a minute there, I thought you might actually know something about the city.

Also, I've personally seen what happens when folks OD on fentanyl. Suffice to say, they don't need a goon kneeling on his neck to lay still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 08:37 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
And why the attitude about drug addicts? They're suffering a disease. Would you criticize a cancer victim?

Cancer, generally, is not a self-inflicted disease. Drug addiction is almost always self-inflicted.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:50 PM

435 posts, read 453,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
It's "Houstonians." And for a minute there, I thought you might actually know something about the city.

Also, I've personally seen what happens when folks OD on fentanyl. Suffice to say, they don't need a goon kneeling on his neck to lay still.
Lol you couldn't dispute any of the facts presented so you had to resort to a "UmM AcTuAllY" type post crying about something irrelevant to the drug addict criminal overdosing, causing his own death. VERY telling

Old 04-04-2021, 09:06 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
Lol you couldn't dispute any of the facts presented so you had to resort to a "UmM AcTuAllY" type post crying about something irrelevant to the drug addict criminal overdosing, causing his own death. VERY telling
I'm not losing any sleep over what some washed up roughneck with a tenth-grade education and a fifth-grade command of the English language has to say about me but, if I did, those waking hours in the night would be spent still being better than you.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'm not losing any sleep over what some washed up roughneck with a tenth-grade education and a fifth-grade command of the English language has to say about me but, if I did, those waking hours in the night would be spent still being better than you.
Ad homonyms are not an argument or a refutation of fact. I appreciate you begging for my validation nonetheless. Cheers

Old 04-05-2021, 02:05 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTX View Post
First amendment, anyone can speak of any kind of matter, it's not for you to say. If yo don't like it, go cry in the corner.
That’s the downside of free speech, clowns like you can say stupid stuff and get away with it under the guise of “Free Speech” When it comes to race matters, stay out of grown folks conversations. This discussion is over your head. The video, and eyewitness testimonies show that Chauvin killed Floyd, period. You can come with all the science you like, but I will always side with eyewitness and video footage.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:00 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTX View Post
So when a logical factual argument is presented to you, in true liberal/lefty woke fashion, you result in insults. This only has to do with race because of medias woke agenda which you fervently follow. You said it yourself, you rely on emotions, not facts, which makes you a child. I on the other hand, see the big picture. I definitely wouldn't consider you grown folk. You are ignorant when it comes to use of force matters in Law Enforcement. I would advise you sit down, be quiet and actually objectively look at the facts. I will always side with facts, I am sure the jury of his peers will do the same and I am quite confident. I just hope you have a support system when Chauvin is found not guilty, you might want to invest in a rubber room.
Like I've said, if Chauvin gets off, the blood will be on YOUR hands, period. Chauvin's supervisor said he was out of order, the paramedics stated the police wouldn't let them do CPR on Floyd, there were eyewitnesses who saw with their own eyes what Chauvin did, and a Sr. MPD official said the same thing: Chauvin was dead wrong. If Law Enforcement has a suspect cuffed laying face forward on the ground, it's not necessary to have a knee on someone's neck. You can take your big picture and shove it because the fact is, you're biased when it comes to race matters. The fault lies on Chauvin and the higher ups for enabling his BS, because he did the same thing prior to killing George Floyd, only someone much younger than Floyd didn't die, so I hope that's brought into the trial. Have several seats. I bet you think all cops are good even though many of them have a history of misconduct.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:55 PM

Now the prosecution is trying to get the jurors to disregard the autopsy because it shows no evidence of asphyxiation. You can't make this stuff up. Chauvin is 100% innocent.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...topsy-findings

Quote:
Prosecutors are now asking the jury to effectively dismiss the findings of the only official autopsy in the case and insist, contrary to those findings, that Floyd died from asphyxia, or, lack of oxygen. Some new disclosures may make that claim more difficult for the prosecution.

Last week, special prosecutor Jerry Blackwell admitted to jurors that Hennepin County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker pointed to cardiac arrest as Floyd’s cause of death. However, he insisted that the state would prove that “was … not a fatal heart event,” but asphyxiation.

It is a bold move since it could invite reasonable doubt on the cause of death. The question is whether a case of manslaughter could have been advanced without the need of opposing the state’s own coroner on such findings. The failure of Chauvin to respond to a medical emergency speaks more to manslaughter than murder but it could be framed consistently with these findings. Instead, the prosecution has asked the jury to effectively reject the coroner’s findings — a risky maneuver.

We have previously discussed key defense elements in the case:

When called to the scene due to Floyd allegedly passing counterfeit money, Floyd denied using drugs but later said he was “hooping,” or taking drugs.

The autopsy did not conclude that Floyd died from asphyxiation (though a family pathologist made that finding). Rather, it found “cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer(s).” The state’s criminal complaint against Chauvin said the autopsy “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease.” He also was COVID-19 positive.

Andrew Baker, Hennepin County’s chief medical examiner, strongly suggested that the primary cause was a huge amount of fentanyl in Floyd’s system: “Fentanyl at 11 ng/ml — this is higher than (a) chronic pain patient. If he were found dead at home alone & no other apparent causes, this could be acceptable to call an OD (overdose). Deaths have been certified w/levels of 3.” Baker also told investigators that the autopsy revealed no physical evidence suggesting Floyd died of asphyxiation.

The toxicology report on Floyd’s blood also noted that “in fatalities from fentanyl, blood concentrations are variable and have been reported as low as 3 ng/ml.” Floyd had almost four times the level of fentanyl considered potentially lethal.

Floyd notably repeatedly said that he could not breathe while sitting in the police cruiser and before he was ever restrained on the ground. That is consistent with the level of fentanyl in his system that can cause “slowed or stopped breathing.”

Floyd’s lungs were two to three times the normal size and filled with fluid. “Pulmonary edema is a condition caused by excess fluid in the lungs” and it is symptomatic of an opioid overdose, according to Mayo Clinic.

Finally, the restraint using an officer’s knee on an uncooperative suspect was part of the training of officers, and jurors will watch training videotapes employing the same type of restraint as official policy.

What is interesting is that the prosecution is putting on experts like they are making a defense case. It is usually the defense that brings in a host of doctors to challenge official autopsy findings. Here however the state doctor’s findings contradict the prosecutor’s case.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:05 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,069,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Cancer, generally, is not a self-inflicted disease. Drug addiction is almost always self-inflicted.
Cancer can be initially self-inflicted through smoking or through working in toxic conditions but it's painful and one can't entirely blame the sufferer (instead of say a corner-cutting employer or a cigarette manufacturer trying to make stuff addictive)

Drugs are not voluntary after the point one is addicted. So many people see it as a moral failing when it's not.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:07 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,069,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
That’s the downside of free speech, clowns like you can say stupid stuff and get away with it under the guise of “Free Speech” When it comes to race matters, stay out of grown folks conversations. This discussion is over your head. The video, and eyewitness testimonies show that Chauvin killed Floyd, period. You can come with all the science you like, but I will always side with eyewitness and video footage.
Not to mention free speech only means the government can't arrest somebody for their views, the government cannot unilaterally punish them/take away property, and a government employer has steps to take before potentially firing an employee. A person can be socially isolated for their views. They can be fired from a private employment job for their views. They can be denied service on airlines, internet, etc. (so long as it is not a replacement for a government service)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston