Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 06:58 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,051,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
It has become evident to me more and more each day that we are all flawed. We wouldn’t be saluting many people if the litmus test is an unblemished life.

I remember when that Sheriff was shot and killed in NW Houston a few years ago. The community rallied around “the blue” and his wife. Then it came out that the guy was cheating on his wife. That was awkward.

George Floyd represents a life that was taken due to a lack of respect for human life. It makes me angry thinking about it!
If we strive to lead a respectful life, police wouldnt take ypur life. Its not like he was killed by mistake by some mexican gang member or drive by shooting.

Is cheating punishable by law? I dont think so but have consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 07:02 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 23 days ago)

8,461 posts, read 5,600,157 times
I think there is too much analysis over what he did in his life. That may have been appropriate if he was a murderer or a very cruel individual, but he wasnt.

His life was taken for no valid reason. Thats why this is important. The cop in question needs to spend significant time in prison.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:05 AM

2,556 posts, read 4,068,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
If we strive to lead a respectful life, police wouldnt take ypur life. Its not like he was killed by mistake by some mexican gang member or drive by shooting.

Botham Jean would disagree. Ahmaud Arbery would disagree.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:05 AM

62 posts, read 64,199 times
Quote:

...What??

That's as foolish as saying the next time you are speeding, shanv, you deserve to have the police to pull you over and slash your tires.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:

This is one of the most appalling sentiments Ive read regarding this case.

Some cops are bad. Period. Not all or most, but some. Every profession has bad apples. Youve got plumbers and accountants and the like that are unqualified and so are some cops. Bad cops kill people because they are too aggressive or just bad people who dont value others lives.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:20 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,577,619 times
Quote:
If we strive to lead a respectful life, police wouldn't take your life. Its not like he was killed by mistake by some mexican gang member or drive by shooting.

Tell that to Sandra Bland, Eric Garner, Ahmaud Arbery, Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, and the list goes on. I can throw Trayvon Martin in there even though a policeman didn't take his life.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
Tell that to Sandra Bland, Eric Garner, Ahmaud Arbery, Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, and the list goes on. I can throw Trayvon Martin in there even though a policeman didn't take his life.
Id take Mike Brown off there but I agree with the rest of them. We dont really know if the cop used excessive force with him or not.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:43 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,051,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
This is one of the most appalling sentiments Ive read regarding this case.

Some cops are bad. Period. Not all or most, but some. Every profession has bad apples. Youve got plumbers and accountants and the like that are unqualified and so are some cops. Bad cops kill people because they are too aggressive or just bad people who dont value others lives.
Wats appalling? If a solider comes back dead people line up to salute. WTs wrong in telling people to be striving like that? Instead of saying “ i ll live how i like and ypu cant do anything to me”?

Inthe end floyd died, that police man s career is doomed but see who is benefitting- media snd politicians.

Of course those georgia killers shpuld go to heaven and meet thier father but wats difficult in following police orders?

Look at this forum itself. So many guys dint give a krap about black people or any non white in general. Its hard to change those people s views about us. But we can change ourselves. these protests will only make things worse.

Last edited by shanv3; 03-30-2021 at 07:59 AM..

Old 03-30-2021, 08:40 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,784,793 times
Quote:

LOL, this is probably the most ignorant post I’ve seen in awhile

Old 03-30-2021, 08:47 AM

307 posts, read 270,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I think there is too much analysis over what he did in his life. That may have been appropriate if he was a murderer or a very cruel individual, but he wasnt.

His life was taken for no valid reason. Thats why this is important. The cop in question needs to spend significant time in prison.
State of Texas V George Floyd. Cause #1143230. "..defendant did intentionally and knowingly threaten and place Aracely Henriquez in fear of imminent bodily injury and death, and the defendant did then and there use and exhibit a deadly weapon (firearm).

The cop should rot in prison, no argument here. But if the case I quoted above does not exhibit "a very cruel individual" then I'm not sure what would illustrate that to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston