Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 02:34 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,765,482 times

Advertisements

Poster child of Harris County's catch and release program. BTW he's now an HPD murder suspect...WRM20 should we give him another bond since he may be poor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
https://abc13.com/harris-county-cour...g-in/10904083/

This is just ridiculous

"Criminal cases have doubled during the pandemic, meaning the 113 trials held over the last year made a small dent, clearing less than 1% of the backlog - 0.13% to be exact.

13 Investigates recently visited the courthouse and many of the judges in charge of making sure trials move forward wouldn't talk to us about the delay.

Emails to Judges Chuck Silverman and Ramona Franklin weren't returned and their courtrooms were locked when we tried to visit early one afternoon. Neither of them have held trials in the last year either as of the latest data we received in June.

Judge Greg Glass, who was in court during our recent visit, hasn't held court either. Once we told him what our report was about, he wouldn't even let us take his picture despite working for you, on a bench you paid for."

"During the pandemic, through the end of last month, Judge DaSean Jones has held seven trials; Judges Kelli Johnson and Abigail Anastasio held six trials each; Judges Hilary Unger, Ana Martinez and Te'iva Bell held three trials each; Judges Natalia Cornelio, Danilo , Nikita Harmon, Robert Johnson, Brian Warren, Frank Aguilar and Josh Hill held two trials each and Judges Lori Chambers Gray, Amy Martin, Colleen Gaido and Jason Luong held just one trial each. The data was released by the Harris County District Clerk's Office after a 13 Investigates Public Information request."
Good ole Greg "Porky" Glass is the same clown who let that cop killer out on a previous bond.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:56 PM

10 posts, read 5,144 times
Isn't this why people live in the suburbs? When you're young and want to have fun, you live in the city. When you're ready to raise kids, you move out to the burbs.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:49 AM

There’s been alot of teen murders lately
https://abc13.com/recent-rash-of-tee...sts-/11039578/

Old 09-23-2021, 11:35 AM

225 posts, read 136,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanobody View Post
Isn't this why people live in the suburbs? When you're young and want to have fun, you live in the city. When you're ready to raise kids, you move out to the burbs.
I plan to move to the burbs after 42 years of living in the Greater Houston area. The city has allowed violent crime to spiral out of control and way too many voters are ok with it. Far too much inertia in the wrong direction.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:36 PM

Meanwhile a lady loses her life while getting her purse snatched, SMFH who wants to wager the suspect(s) are out on a current bond?
https://abc13.com/victim-dies-after-...away/11041173/

Old 09-24-2021, 01:31 AM

More than 130 people have died as a result of the court’s catch and release program this year
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/mo...rs-out-on-bond

”Sadly the majority of the 138 victims of felony bond reform would be classified people of color minorities," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:09 AM

225 posts, read 136,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
More than 130 people have died as a result of the court’s catch and release program this year
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/mo...rs-out-on-bond

”Sadly the majority of the 138 victims of felony bond reform would be classified people of color minorities," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers.
I know the rise in violent crimes has multiple influencers and there is no simple solution. But I would hope most voters would agree that releasing violent offenders on PR bail is a bad idea especially repeat offenders.

Sadly, the current leadership in Harris county just doesn't get it.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/a...l-reform-bill/

Old 09-25-2021, 07:24 AM

Becareful on the roads, Harris county let another (road rage} killer back out in the public
https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...qBK5OITYq3ahLs

Below is a comment written from the murder victim's father Gerald Wayne Williams, the "man" who killed David, bonded out today.
The person who:
- Chased my truck at 80 miles an hour for 4 miles
- Shot 2 bullets at head level into my truck
- Put a bullet into the back of David's head
- Continued chasing me and my living son while I tried to escape and get David to the hospital
- Went into hiding
- Tried to sell his vehicle's rims
- Burned his chase vehicle
- Equated himself to George Floyd and Jesus Christ when turning himself in
That "man" is free tonight on a ($350k) bond that wasn't the max ($500k).
He is free because our society values criminal rights over those who are victimized.
He is guilty.
If you think he is innocent until proven guilty and want to wait for a trial because of some misguided principles that you value over the life of my innocent son, you have a luxury in life that I don't. So please unfollow and block me.
He will be free on the streets with your family. With your children.
For the next 3 to 4 years while the court system rebounds from Covid and a crime spree, he will be free while my son's remains sit in a box at a funeral home waiting to be interred.
David's senior year is over as is my life as I knew it.
Gerald Wayne Williams is free.
David is dead.
- Paul Castro

Old 09-25-2021, 04:58 PM

24,006 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utche96 View Post
I plan to move to the burbs after 42 years of living in the Greater Houston area. The city has allowed violent crime to spiral out of control and way too many voters are ok with it. Far too much inertia in the wrong direction.
Be careful which burb. Unincorporated Harris county never had enough LEOs. And the piecemeal approach is not effective.

Cars get broken into all the time. The post on Next Door have me convinced the wheel thieves have a regular route. There are cameras all over the place. The crooks look up to wave and smile while going through the cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston