Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 07:11 PM

283 posts, read 434,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
A few years ago a subdivision sprung up next door to the Harvest Drag Track, then the property owners complained and caused the Drag Track to change everything they did. Noise, times, everything. What did they think when they built there?
It was an intentional attack by the developer of that housing area. She bought the land for almost nothing, spent a couple of hundred thousand on attorneys fees, and then made a killing--killing a very vibrant drag racing facility, and making a killing in cash.

I still have the recording of the council meeting where she was 'upset' that the track wasn't completely shut down. George was there and was like a dog on a chain getting whipped.

This was almost as sad as the day the city passed their idea to destroy John Hunt Park.

I want to get together with all automotive big whigs I know and put a first class facility in a place no one can touch, but still easily access. I've just never had the time. I've bugeted it out to about 20 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 04:31 PM

283 posts, read 408,865 times
Default ok, what is being built by krogers on Huges.

It seems to me that companies have forgotten to put up signs saying Coming soon, what is it going to be, some people say a pizza joint, but if so that's kinda stupid, There is two pizza places within a jump. we have a domino's and a papa jon's and we don't need another one snarling up traffic. we need something that makes sense.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:40 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2coolmom View Post
...what is it going to be, some people say a pizza joint, but if so that's kinda stupid, There is two pizza places within a jump...
It is a "pizza joint" - an exceptional "pizza joint."

Old 12-09-2013, 06:05 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
It seems to me that companies have forgotten to put up signs saying Coming soon, what is it going to be, some people say a pizza joint, but if so that's kinda stupid, There is two pizza places within a jump. we have a domino's and a papa jon's and we don't need another one snarling up traffic. we need something that makes sense.
Wow...how can you compare a dine-in local pizza place to two chain takeout pizza places?

Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt grinder View Post
it is a "pizza joint" - an exceptional "pizza joint."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
wow...how can you compare a dine-in local pizza place to two chain takeout pizza places?
:d

Old 12-10-2013, 11:59 AM

283 posts, read 408,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Forgot View Post
I would love one on County Line, McDonalds is just plain gross IMO.
I totally agree, beyond nasty.[/quote]

My son works the morning shift at McDonald on 72/wal-traina and he says that they were told that by summer of 2014 they need to find new work because they are going to either do a remodel or tare it completely down and build somewhere else, due to the traffic at the light, lots of wrecks and people don't seem to know how to drive.It is a high traffic area now due to the Target center, Wal-mart and the new store over a Drunken doughnuts . The more stores you have for people to shop the more traffic it brings and it is a slow go from walmart to the city of Huntsville

Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
My son works the morning shift at McDonald on 72/wal-traina and he says that they were told that by summer of 2014 they need to find new work because they are going to either do a remodel or tare it completely down and build somewhere else, due to the traffic at the light, lots of wrecks and people don't seem to know how to drive.It is a high traffic area now due to the Target center, Wal-mart and the new store over a Drunken doughnuts . The more stores you have for people to shop the more traffic it brings and it is a slow go from walmart to the city of Huntsville
Say what!?!?

The restaurant is going to close down b/c the area has too much traffic? I'm no economist, but that doesn't make any flippin' sense...

Old 12-10-2013, 02:02 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,606 times
Sounds legit. That McD's effectively has only one entrance during any times of traffic, from the eastbound lane of 72. So, if you're westbound, you have to do a U-turn, as just turning on Wall Triana doesn't work since the left turn into it there will be blocked by traffic.

Much better location would be in the cow pasture across 72 and west. And since that McD's is a little long in the tooth, I can see that.

And, as mentioned, I think those who really go for the McBland Doughy Wad with extra McSalty Fries probably don't realize the easy way to get into the parking lot. If they tried to turn left from WT, they could back up traffic onto 72.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:08 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Quote:
I totally agree, beyond nasty.

.[/quote]

Good info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Say what!?!?

The restaurant is going to close down b/c the area has too much traffic? I'm no economist, but that doesn't make any flippin' sense...
I guess you haven't been involved in an accident there before...My mom has been hit TWICE by teenagers at that McDs. She wasn't even eating there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Sounds legit. That McD's effectively has only one entrance during any times of traffic, from the eastbound lane of 72. So, if you're westbound, you have to do a U-turn, as just turning on Wall Triana doesn't work since the left turn into it there will be blocked by traffic.

Much better location would be in the cow pasture across 72 and west. And since that McD's is a little long in the tooth, I can see that.

And, as mentioned, I think those who really go for the McBland Doughy Wad with extra McSalty Fries probably don't realize the easy way to get into the parking lot. If they tried to turn left from WT, they could back up traffic onto 72.

Oh man, nail on the head. I do remember when it was built and it was shiny and new, it had 3 windows! But I never ate at that one due to it being a Cluster#### at just about any time of day. I don't eat McDs often anyway, but I haven't been to that location since a singular time in High School because my friend worked there.

I will be glad to see it moved. Something with less traffic or a smaller foot print would love to be in there I am sure. Also McDs isn't really in the burger business, they are in the Real Estate Business.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:35 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,216,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post

Are you aware that you cannot make a left turn from Wall Triana into McDs? That change has probably been a least a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area