Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 12:53 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,591,687 times

Advertisements

On January 29, 2021 Huntsville Hospital updated the eligibility for getting a COVID-19 Vaccination. The signup would start then for appointments beginning February 8, 2021. Once you are on the waiting list you will receive a call when an appointment is available.

Quote:
Current eligibility (as of Feb 8, 2021)
* I am a healthcare/1A worker
* I am an essential worker
* I am 75 years or older
* I am in education
* I am 65-75 years old
COVID-19 Vaccination -Sign up for the waiting list
https://www.huntsvillehospital.org/covid-19-vaccination

Huntsville’s surge vaccine clinic aims for 1,800-shot day (Posted Feb 08, 2021)
https://www.al.com/news/2021/02/hunt...-shot-day.html

================================================== =====

You can also get the Covid-19 vaccination at the Madison County Health Department.

Madison County Health Department
For an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination call 1-855-566-5333

https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/madison/

====================================

Are there are any other placed to get the Covid-19 vaccination? If so how do you sign up there?

Since I am in the 65-74 age group I signed up on January 30, 2021 at the Huntsville Hospital signup page. Today I received a call for my appointments. I will get my first vaccination next Tuesday February 16 and the second vaccination on March 9. I will receive my shots at the Huntsville’s surge vaccine clinic.

A friend of mine in the 75+ age group received their vaccination at the Madison County Health Department a few weeks ago.

Has anyone else gotten their Covid-19 vaccination yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 01:28 PM

640 posts, read 696,333 times
I signed up at HH on the 3rd, so still waiting on a call. I also signed up with Decatur Morgan.

I am 66.

Old 02-09-2021, 03:21 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,478,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
On January 29, 2021 Huntsville Hospital updated the eligibility for getting a COVID-19 Vaccination. The signup would start then for appointments beginning February 8, 2021. Once you are on the waiting list you will receive a call when an appointment is available.

You can also get the Covid-19 vaccination at the Madison County Health Department.

Are there are any other placed to get the Covid-19 vaccination? If so how do you sign up there?

Since I am in the 65-74 age group I signed up on January 30, 2021 at the Huntsville Hospital signup page. Today I received a call for my appointments. I will get my first vaccination next Tuesday February 16 and the second vaccination on March 9. I will receive my shots at the Huntsville’s surge vaccine clinic.

A friend of mine in the 75+ age group received their vaccination at the Madison County Health Department a few weeks ago.

My wife and I are in the same age group as you, but we haven't received the call yet. Signed up on the Huntsville Hospital site January 30, same as you.

Was the number that called you recoginzable as being from the hospital? I believe all HH numbers are 256-265-xxxx. Hopefully it doesn't come from somebody's cell phone that I ignore as spam.

Old 02-09-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:

A friend of mine and his wife got their second shots yesterday. They were in the 75+ group, and got the vaccinations at the HH site at John Hunt park.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:32 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,591,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
My wife and I are in the same age group as you, but we haven't received the call yet. Signed up on the Huntsville Hospital site January 30, same as you.

Was the number that called you recoginzable as being from the hospital? I believe all HH numbers are 256-265-xxxx. Hopefully it doesn't come from somebody's cell phone that I ignore as spam.
The Caller ID showed this:

HLTH CARE AUTH
(256) 817-1919 • HUNTSVILLE, AL

In the past calls from Huntsville Hospital had "HLTH CARE AUTH" in the Caller ID.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
The Caller ID showed this:

HLTH CARE AUTH
(256) 817-1919 • HUNTSVILLE, AL

In the past calls from Huntsville Hospital had "HLTH CARE AUTH" in the Caller ID.
OK, good. Thanks for the information. Appears to be a cell phone number, but with proper identification.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:49 AM

I don't understand the logic here, but after this week Huntsville Hospital is going back to vaccinating only 75 and older:

https://whnt.com/news/coronavirus/hu...nt-wait-times/

Fortunately I was able to make an appointment this weekend at Walmart while those were briefly available yesterday. Walmart was only showing appointments for the next week, and they went quickly.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
I don't understand the logic here, but after this week Huntsville Hospital is going back to vaccinating only 75 and older:

https://whnt.com/news/coronavirus/hu...nt-wait-times/

Fortunately I was able to make an appointment this weekend at Walmart while those were briefly available yesterday. Walmart was only showing appointments for the next week, and they went quickly.
What a mess.

Old 02-10-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
What a mess.

Absolutely it is. I do not understand why HH is doing things this way.

Different parts of the state are off doing their own things, and it makes for a lot of frustration.

And meanwhile, about 1/3 of adults are not planning to be vaccinated.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
Absolutely it is. I do not understand why HH is doing things this way.

Different parts of the state are off doing their own things, and it makes for a lot of frustration.

And meanwhile, about 1/3 of adults are not planning to be vaccinated.
I watched the Covid weekly news conference today (today's officials, in addition to the EMA director, were Dale Strong and the VP of Huntsville Hospital), and they didn't mention going back to just 75+. But what they did say was that this week, they were able to get "extra" vaccine and were able to handle many more vaccinations, but that next week and following would be back to the normal (I think 1000 shots/day). So no change in qualification criteria, but a change in availability of vaccine. that's my understanding, at least.

In case not everyone's aware, there's a weekly Covid 19 at noon on Wednesdays (varies when there's a holiday sometimes). It's carried on Channel 48 and presumably all the other local stations. It's quite informative. Rotating government officials include Dale Strong, Madison mayor Finley, or Huntsville mayor Battle. From the hospital side, there will be either someone from HH (usually David Spillers), or today's rep (can't remember his name offhand), the CEO of Crestwood Hospital, or from the state Karen Landers (she tends to be a little wordy ).

To add -- Dale Strong (chairman of the Madison County Commissioners - essentially the Mayor of Madison County) said that he didn't mind "stepping on some toes", so I assume that he's met some resistance from the state level regarding vaccine allocations and doesn't mind taking them to task. Madison County has close to 400,000 residents and I suspect we're not getting our fair share (which, from the State of Alabama, isn't unusual in this or any other matter).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area