Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times

Advertisements

Looks like she is moving back east a bit. Back on track for a Tampa Bay landfall maybe.

Tropical Storm FAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 04:58 AM

165 posts, read 516,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Looks like she is moving back east a bit. Back on track for a Tampa Bay landfall maybe.

Tropical Storm FAY
It's okay..John Gruden will save us with his mighty Scowl Power. It will make that hurricane go whimpering off into the Gulf.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:17 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy View Post
It's okay..John Gruden will save us with his mighty Scowl Power. It will make that hurricane go whimpering off into the Gulf.
Or push it farther east is what this morning 3 day cone is showing. Looks like she's tracking Charley at the moment.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Good morning all! I'm crossing my fingers that Fay weakens or changes course.
My thoughts are with you. Take care.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:55 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,574 times
The first outer band just went over me. Lots-o-rain!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:38 AM

156 posts, read 1,063,887 times
Well....I have been here for just over a year now so I suppose it is time for my luck to run out on the no hurricanes! We bought some food and we have been keeping our gallon jugs so we are filling all the empties now and freezing some and refrigerating some. We do not have a generator and we rent so now plywood. The house was just built in 2006 so I am crossing my fingers that we can ride it out in my walk in closet/bathroom area. There are no windows in there and it is the most innermost room.

For those working in service industry jobs- anyone know what they are doing yet? My school district is releasing the kids early tomorrow and the path is taking Ms Fay directly overhead.

I will check in throughout until I lose power (if I lose power...I'm crossing fingers and toes, lol). Take care everyone.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:36 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrein View Post
Well....I have been here for just over a year now so I suppose it is time for my luck to run out on the no hurricanes! We bought some food and we have been keeping our gallon jugs so we are filling all the empties now and freezing some and refrigerating some. We do not have a generator and we rent so now plywood. The house was just built in 2006 so I am crossing my fingers that we can ride it out in my walk in closet/bathroom area. There are no windows in there and it is the most innermost room.

For those working in service industry jobs- anyone know what they are doing yet? My school district is releasing the kids early tomorrow and the path is taking Ms Fay directly overhead.

I will check in throughout until I lose power (if I lose power...I'm crossing fingers and toes, lol). Take care everyone.
You'll be fine - sounds like you're well prepared.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM

893 posts, read 2,864,381 times
I hope there isn't too much damage. I wish I was there right now.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default I'm in Naples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrein View Post

and have been here too for a little over a year. Apart from the Keys, of course, we are next in line to get blasted; hurricane warnings up and flood warning. Fortunately, I am east and north of 41 and in a newer house, although on a lake (worried about that) and on a golf course. Worried about the winds and flooding with that. We still own a condo on the top floor not far from Marco. The roof sustained damage in Wilma and was replaced then, so hopefully that will be ok this time. My sister-in-law owns a manufactured home in that same area, but is not here now. That might be a problem.

I would just like to mention that I was at a training class today for school (closed tomorrow) and was talking to one of the "natives" from this area. She was very reassuring, gave me some tips, and really calmed me down quite a bit. As I have always said on these postings, I have ALWAYS found the native Floridians to be very nice and helpful.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:17 PM

156 posts, read 1,063,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
and have been here too for a little over a year. Apart from the Keys, of course, we are next in line to get blasted; hurricane warnings up and flood warning. Fortunately, I am east and north of 41 and in a newer house, although on a lake (worried about that) and on a golf course. Worried about the winds and flooding with that. We still own a condo on the top floor not far from Marco. The roof sustained damage in Wilma and was replaced then, so hopefully that will be ok this time. My sister-in-law owns a manufactured home in that same area, but is not here now. That might be a problem.

I would just like to mention that I was at a training class today for school (closed tomorrow) and was talking to one of the "natives" from this area. She was very reassuring, gave me some tips, and really calmed me down quite a bit. As I have always said on these postings, I have ALWAYS found the native Floridians to be very nice and helpful.
The natives I talk to are so different! I have a neighbor who I am surprised hasn't boarded his windows- he was all about you need to have a generator, etc etc but then again he also calls the police for kids playing outside. Then some say it will be nothing. My kids school is closed tomorrow since their High School serves as a shelter and they were asked to be prepared to set that up in the morning. I am glad I don't live in a manufactured home, I think I would have been long gone by now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes