Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

My husband has a friend in Tampa Bay, Florida who loves dogs and who is constantly rescuing them from shelters and finding homes for them. She posted this picture about a week and a half ago on her FB page and my husband made the comment that she was a beautiful dog and he would love to have her if we didn't live so far away. The dog was listed as a 3 year old Shepherd mix. She was spade and micro-chipped but the phone number registered to the chip had been disconnected. She had been adopted once but cleared a five foot fence so was returned to the shelter. By the time the friend posted her picture, she was two days away from being put down. Her original name was Lilly but she did not respond to that name. The new owners changed her name to Korea before returning her to the shelter.

The friend wrote back and said "If you want her I'll get her out and fly her out to you". We were stunned to say the least. We contacted the woman again and asked her to go visit the pup and let us know what she thought. She did the next day. The pup was house broken, friendly and loved human touch. Still at the shelter, we asked the woman to get her out of there and we would figure out a way to get her to Idaho.

Over the next few days the dog cleared a six foot fence, the friend whistled, and the dog bounced right back over the fence (as the woman said "just like a kangaroo"). The dog is healthy, weighs about 53 pounds, is tall, friendly, and bonded very quickly with the friend. The woman loved the dog and we asked her if she would rather keep this pup instead of sending her here. The friend responded that she would love to keep her but her work schedule is just too busy to be able to give enough attention to this girl.

My husband had both a drug dog and a K9 when he was in law enforcement, and thinks that this dog may very well be a Belgian Malinois. Anyway, we're headed to Boise tomorrow to pick her up at the airport. We're calling her Kory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 08:13 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Woohoo! That is a wonderful story. Best of luck with Kory! Maybe you can let her do some agility, to satisfy her urge to jump? Looking forward to pics of Kory in her forever home...

Old 11-07-2013, 06:52 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Fantastic!! I agree with your husband and think the way the coat lays she might have Belgian Malinois in her

I also back up CFF on the idea of agility. Plus that if she thrives on the human touch and has recall potential she might not want to stray. Perfect time of year for flying a dog too, the temps are not too extreme one way or another... I'm excited

Old 11-08-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Fantastic!! I agree with your husband and think the way the coat lays she might have Belgian Malinois in her

I also back up CFF on the idea of agility. Plus that if she thrives on the human touch and has recall potential she might not want to stray. Perfect time of year for flying a dog too, the temps are not too extreme one way or another... I'm excited
Yeah, she's got some funky ears so I don't know what else is in there, but she's beautiful. Needs a few pounds put on her though. Picked her up from the airport yesterday, and if ever there was a dog entitled to feel stressed out, it was her. But so far she had been the most loving, sweet heart of a dog that anyone could ask for. Here's a picture taken during a stop on the trip home yesterday.

After that it seems like the "Let's get caught up" section has had a whole lot of talk about my recent experiences with dogs, so I'll move on and let someone else have a chance. But I DO want to thank everyone who shared their experiences, expressed their condolences on Jamie, and expressed their pleasure over Kory. It meant a lot to me and I appreciate the kindness of strangers.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Talk about handsome! And the dog is cute, too! (Couldn't resist that!) Joking aside, she's really beautiful, and much better suited for the Idaho high desert than Florida! Look at that perfect high desert camouflage!

We definitely want to hear more, so please keep posting about Kory's progress!

Old 11-08-2013, 05:15 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Yeah, she's got some funky ears so I don't know what else is in there, but she's beautiful. Needs a few pounds put on her though. Picked her up from the airport yesterday, and if ever there was a dog entitled to feel stressed out, it was her. But so far she had been the most loving, sweet heart of a dog that anyone could ask for. Here's a picture taken during a stop on the trip home yesterday.

After that it seems like the "Let's get caught up" section has had a whole lot of talk about my recent experiences with dogs, so I'll move on and let someone else have a chance. But I DO want to thank everyone who shared their experiences, expressed their condolences on Jamie, and expressed their pleasure over Kory. It meant a lot to me and I appreciate the kindness of strangers.

Wonderful, Juneau I agree with CFF - keep us informed. Please keep talking about dogs, that's part of what makes us who we are (and aren't).

MSR

Old 11-28-2013, 09:43 AM

Default Our Canines

We seem to be very fond of our furry friends, which is great. I will be (should be) with Christi ( aka CC) today. She is still so camera shy. I really didn't think she could make the transition but she has. She enjoys being back with her father and the much larger canine that makes their family. Maybe she'll let me get a pic today--she's not quite as upset with me as she was as I've seen her more. She has done better here than I thought she would. I think her dad has done better having her around

I hope all of your furry friends have a wonderful holiday too

I hope Miss Carly, responds well to Cleosmom ' s magical touch, and feels better enough to watch the Steelers play!

This my first Thanksgiving in Idaho for more years than I can remember. The weather looks great and I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving

I know Juneau has been hesitant to post more about Kory. We want more...... And Mike, how is your new buddy doing?

This thread is for anything..........post any updates you want.

BTW- I hope your favorite teams win today in college/pro football.

MSR

Old 11-28-2013, 11:26 AM

We've had Kory for a few weeks now, and we have all bonded really really well with each other. My husband messed up his back while hiking Big Butte just before she arrived in Idaho, so Kory and I have been hiking alone during this time. She is very easy to love. And SO smart - she learned the commands sit, speak, up, down, and stay after showing them to her a couple of times. We've wandered town, many trails, a number of buttes and have bonded tightly through those walks and constant affection. My husband has bonded through treats and constant affection. We are getting to know her ways, and she is getting to know our ways, and it's all good. On this Thanksgiving Day I am thankful that she found her way to us.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:46 PM

385 posts, read 526,597 times
I wish I had a dog so I could post in this thread :-|

Old 11-28-2013, 06:28 PM

Default Easy Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I wish I had a dog so I could post in this thread :-|
Tmp4 you are funny . You can post about anything, which is why I created it.

If you want a canine, I''ll bet Cleosmom can get you connected.

I hope you had a pleasant day today

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls