Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:53 PM

406 posts, read 496,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Thanks a bunch.
If you type peoria home invasion in the search at azcentral.com you get maybe 3 home invasions in the last couple years. A couple of months ago there was another even closer to me but I'm not positive on the guys citizenship status because the frickin police didn't catch him. By the way the police had him barricaded in the house and still didn't catch him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,674,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
I have been asked if I would like to buy grenades from illegals! The same illegal also asked me to buy a gun for him. You can't tell me that these guys are all here to work hard and feed their family. At least not the group of illegals that invaded multiple homes with automatic weapons and bullet proof vests. And yes they were illegals because they were caught after they robbed a home 4 blocks from mine. I know some illegals and they are good people, but they always have a drug dealer cousin and an uncle in the state pen for fraud, etc...
There was no mention of the perps being illegal residents. They were felons in posession of semi auto weapons and there was no mention of flack jackets. Still, an ugly crime. Reporting it as illegal immigrants is just playing to the fear mongering, IMO. FBI stats and exhaustive research done by the Arizona Republic has disproven the misinformation that the illegal immigration situation is spinning out of control. Statistically, Crime has gone down in every major border town since 2000 thanks to increased enforcement by agencies of the Bush and Obama administration. That is a fact no one can dispute.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:19 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,656,213 times
What you saw isn't always on the paper, either.

MORE crimes go unreported than reported.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,674,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
What you saw isn't always on the paper, either.

MORE crimes go unreported than reported.
That's a fair point to make and true.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:24 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Lemme see...3 years spent in a county hospital on the border...then more time spent in another state at a trauma facility...then more years further in-country but still surrounded by them...nope, their contribution to crime definitely not overrated...

Old 07-10-2010, 11:40 PM

406 posts, read 496,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
There was no mention of the perps being illegal residents. They were felons in posession of semi auto weapons and there was no mention of flack jackets. Still, an ugly crime. Reporting it as illegal immigrants is just playing to the fear mongering, IMO. FBI stats and exhaustive research done by the Arizona Republic has disproven the misinformation that the illegal immigration situation is spinning out of control. Statistically, Crime has gone down in every major border town since 2000 thanks to increased enforcement by agencies of the Bush and Obama administration. That is a fact no one can dispute.

Do you actually think the az republic is going to say anything about illegals if don't have to? The border is harder to cross than in years past, just a couple of years ago the smugglers would bring you across for around $500 and now its more like $2500.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:56 AM

346 posts, read 709,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yet it was corporate America who lured illegals to our country to do jobs during good economic times Americans wouldn't do. Now that many of these illegals have established roots in our country and had children who are legal citizens are being told to go home because apparently, they are no longer needed.

I thought conservatives were about family. This knee-jerk reaction of "send them all back" proves clearly that many of you are not.
So you are using the old argument that since "the man" lured them here, they should stay? And I didn't know that Tyson pointed guns at their heads and demanded they come here? I think even the most uneducated illegal alien knows they are breaking the law by coming. But because they are being "lured" into coming, everything is alright?

I'm not absolving these corporations of any wrong-doing, because they are just as guilty for hiring IA's in the first place. However, you fail to realize that these are jobs Americans USED to do. And don't give me that garbage that "Oh Americans are too lazy or spoiled to do these jobs". Jobs in the meatpacking industry, for example, used to be held by low-skilled African Americans. They would be bussed in from local communities to apply. However, these companies got spoiled and decided that illegal aliens do work for less.

The American teenager has an unemployment rate of 25%. They used to work in the restaurant industry as busboys/waiters/etc. If all the IA's self-deported, it would leave a ton of jobs available for teenagers so they can....well....you know, earn for their future. (I hope you find this important).

See? I am fair and independent - I am capable of blaming BOTH big business and the illegal aliens themselves for the problem. I'm not as one sided and only blame big business.

So my question to you is this - If someone broke into your home uninvited while you were on vacation and set up residency and got all "cozy" and established "roots", does that mean you'd let them stay? If you don't, that would sure be hypocritical of you. I mean after all, if someone breaks the law but gets comfortable they should be allowed to stay!

As someone who has no real party affiliation, I can say that conservatives are right on this issue. Even a good chunk of democrats realize this as well. Self-deportation through enforcement of employer laws and the use of E-Verify is a step in the right direction. Those who say "oh but they should stay" should be the first ones to open up their doors and let the illegal immigrants stay with them. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with conservatives/Americans/whatever being "anti-family" or whatnot. This has to do with the LAW. It's a shame that people still exist out there who believe that our country's immigration laws should not be enforced, and that we should let anybody into our country as we please.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:15 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,647,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
So you are using the old argument that since "the man" lured them here, they should stay? And I didn't know that Tyson pointed guns at their heads and demanded they come here? I think even the most uneducated illegal alien knows they are breaking the law by coming. But because they are being "lured" into coming, everything is alright?

I'm not absolving these corporations of any wrong-doing, because they are just as guilty for hiring IA's in the first place. However, you fail to realize that these are jobs Americans USED to do. And don't give me that garbage that "Oh Americans are too lazy or spoiled to do these jobs". Jobs in the meatpacking industry, for example, used to be held by low-skilled African Americans. They would be bussed in from local communities to apply. However, these companies got spoiled and decided that illegal aliens do work for less.

The American teenager has an unemployment rate of 25%. They used to work in the restaurant industry as busboys/waiters/etc. If all the IA's self-deported, it would leave a ton of jobs available for teenagers so they can....well....you know, earn for their future. (I hope you find this important).

See? I am fair and independent - I am capable of blaming BOTH big business and the illegal aliens themselves for the problem. I'm not as one sided and only blame big business.

So my question to you is this - If someone broke into your home uninvited while you were on vacation and set up residency and got all "cozy" and established "roots", does that mean you'd let them stay? If you don't, that would sure be hypocritical of you. I mean after all, if someone breaks the law but gets comfortable they should be allowed to stay!

As someone who has no real party affiliation, I can say that conservatives are right on this issue. Even a good chunk of democrats realize this as well. Self-deportation through enforcement of employer laws and the use of E-Verify is a step in the right direction. Those who say "oh but they should stay" should be the first ones to open up their doors and let the illegal immigrants stay with them. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with conservatives/Americans/whatever being "anti-family" or whatnot. This has to do with the LAW. It's a shame that people still exist out there who believe that our country's immigration laws should not be enforced, and that we should let anybody into our country as we please.
Great post. You're much nicer than I would have been.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:24 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,647,650 times
Quote:
So you admit the speed limit argument is getting as old as illegal is illegal? Is that fair?
A illegal immigrant coming into this country and taking jobs away from Americans, filling our schools that are already in trouble financially, using our medical services leaving the taxpayer to foot the bill is what is not fair.

They have a country. They can stay there and do the same things. Only legally.

Yeah 20 million illegals. That is so fair. Not.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:47 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,991,561 times
Default Are you for real?

Quote:
Obviously you are one of those that believes illegal is illegal. Am I to assume that every time you go over the speed limit, you report yourself to the police and pay the fine?
Do you honestly think that this argument makes sense?

We are talking about someone sneaking into another country! And you compare that to a traffic violation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration