Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:58 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,047,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't think mass deportation is on the radar even by most Republicans. Securing the border is first and foremost and removing any incentives for illegals to remain is what is on the plate. They are for internal enforcement also but this would not result in mass involuntary deportations.

Most conservative Republicans are opposed to amnesty. John McCain is the only one I can think of who was an advocate of that and cohersed with Kennedy to push it through. Bush pushed it also but he fought a losing battle.
There are a number of RINOs that support amnesty. Lindsay Graham is picking up the baton where McCain dropped it. Meg Whitman ran up to the primary on a pro-border enfocement and after winning she changed her tune to pro-amnesty. Brownback is another pro-amnesty RINO. These are off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 06:16 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,695,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
There are a number of RINOs that support amnesty. Lindsay Graham is picking up the baton where McCain dropped it. Meg Whitman ran up to the primary on a pro-border enfocement and after winning she changed her tune to pro-amnesty. Brownback is another pro-amnesty RINO. These are off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.
I don't know why people are so suprised and angry. Obama campaigned for president and part of his platform was HCR and CIR. The people elected him by an overwhelming majority. He's now in the process of fulfilling those campain promises he ran on and was elected on. So who, here is suprised?

Staying on thread though, it seems that actual facts and figures of what is really going on is moot to the more vocal, anti illegal faction. They will consistantly throw out emotional, misleading examples and personal projections which have no basis in fact. Followed by an internet conga line of butt stroking to drive the point home.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,608,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I don't know why people are so suprised and angry. Obama campaigned for president and part of his platform was HCR and CIR. The people elected him by an overwhelming majority. He's now in the process of fulfilling those campain promises he ran on and was elected on. So who, here is suprised?

Staying on thread though, it seems that actual facts and figures of what is really going on is moot to the more vocal, anti illegal faction. They will consistantly throw out emotional, misleading examples and personal projections which have no basis in fact. Followed by an internet conga line of butt stroking to drive the point home.
For me it’s simple. I have been involved with enough government projects to take every “study” with a grain of salt. My skepticism is based on firsthand experience. I’ll leave it at that.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,695,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
For me it’s simple. I have been involved with enough government projects to take every “study” with a grain of salt. My skepticism is based on firsthand experience. I’ll leave it at that.
I will bow to your inside knowledge of the situation and honestly take your posts into consideration. I get the feeling you are in the "beltway" and closer to the source, politically.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,608,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I will bow to your inside knowledge of the situation and honestly take your posts into consideration. I get the feeling you are in the "beltway" and closer to the source.
Unfortunately, I am.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,353,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I said "conservative" Republicans. Whitman isn't a congressman. She is just running for Governor of Calif. so she has no vote in congress on immigration matters.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,488,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Obviously you are one of those that believes illegal is illegal. Am I to assume that every time you go over the speed limit, you report yourself to the police and pay the fine?
If illegal isn't illegal.......what is it?

And what does the speed limit have to do illegal immigration?

All you can do is devert the issue. You pro illegals have never come back with a logical response.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:09 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,608,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
So my question to you is this - If someone broke into your home uninvited while you were on vacation and set up residency and got all "cozy" and established "roots", does that mean you'd let them stay? If you don't, that would sure be hypocritical of you. I mean after all, if someone breaks the law but gets comfortable they should be allowed to stay!
That's the thing your side doesn't get. They were invited. Corporations, politicians, churches etc have actively encouraged illegal immigration for many years.

The only way you can really compare what I said to your point is if you are assuming I turned a blind eye to those who broke into my house.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:11 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,608,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If illegal isn't illegal.......what is it?

And what does the speed limit have to do illegal immigration?

All you can do is devert the issue. You pro illegals have never come back with a logical response.
The point is "the law is the law". There is no diversion.

Of course I will never come up with a logical response to those who make a gray issue into black and white.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,353,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
That's the thing your side doesn't get. They were invited. Corporations, politicians, churches etc have actively encouraged illegal immigration for many years.

The only way you can really compare what I said to your point is if you are assuming I turned a blind eye to those who broke into my house.
Did they mail out those invitations or were they hand delivered? Regardless the corporations, politicians, churches, etc. had no right to "invite" them as it is against the law and the illegals had no right to accept any so-called invitations. This country aka "our house" belongs to every American and since we have immigration laws every American is obligated to abide by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration