Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 02:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,269,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
We should present this question to the family of the farmer who was murdered by illegal immigrants and see what their response is. No lack of respect intended since whether a family is robbed 8 times or 18 times, I guess it creates "stats."
The question remains. The fact that we produce a bumper crop of criminals on our own indicates that re don't need to import any more.
The question: Can we really justify not securing the border when so many US citizens fall prey to crimes committed by illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 03:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No one, not even the illegals think it is their right to be here. Where do you get such mis information?

Secondly, reality check. If the republicans controlled the house and the senate and the presidency, there would still never be a blanket deportation of illegals. There would be some kind of one on one determination of residency and path to citizenship for those who are here and do not have any criminal history. To implement a draconian system of mass deportation would be the death of any political party who actually tried to do so and the republicans know this. The repubs are playing to the base right now to gain political advantage. Once they are in power again amnesty will be the word of the day.
I don't think mass deportation is on the radar even by most Republicans. Securing the border is first and foremost and removing any incentives for illegals to remain is what is on the plate. They are for internal enforcement also but this would not result in mass involuntary deportations.

Most conservative Republicans are opposed to amnesty. John McCain is the only one I can think of who was an advocate of that and cohersed with Kennedy to push it through. Bush pushed it also but he fought a losing battle.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:06 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,976,449 times
Absolutely I think we are on the same page. I've read your messages. I don't want illegals dying in the dessert. I don't want them living in the shadows. I want their country to take care of them. I don't want our men put out of construction sites because illegals charge less. I don't want American citizens dying at their hands, paying their bills, supporting their children, buying their food, sacrificing our elders benefits because those benefits are going to citizens of another country.

I am sure we separate in our agreement on the Arizona law. I am thrilled about it. I believe America has the right to structure and guide it's own future and, again, woe to the politician who tries to do otherwise.

Have a good afternoon my friend.

Quote:
Overall, a good reasonable post on the subject. That women is not the poster child of the hispanic community. No more that the video of the black woman who said Obama was gonna pay for her rent was the poster child of the black community although some with an agenda would make it so. Now that you've stated that no one is for mass deportations then you and I are on the same page. The hispanic community in Arizona want the borders closed as tight as possible. They want the drug dealers and coyotes out of their neighborhoods as they know too well the damage they do to the community. Please see my previous post in this thread detailing the hispanic community's position on illegal immigration. Let's get past the misinformation and histrionics and agree to agree. We are on the same page.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:09 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Overall, a good reasonable post on the subject. That women is not the poster child of the hispanic community. No more that the video of the black woman who said Obama was gonna pay for her rent was the poster child of the black community although some with an agenda would make it so. Now that you've stated that no one is for mass deportations then you and I are on the same page. The hispanic community in Arizona want the borders closed as tight as possible. They want the drug dealers and coyotes out of their neighborhoods as they know too well the damage they do to the community. Please see my previous post in this thread detailing the hispanic community's position on illegal immigration. Let's get past the misinformation and histrionics and agree to agree. We are on the same page.
Time and again, we have stated that we do not need mass deportations. A simple enforcement of our laws would make a tremendous difference. As evidenced by the massive flight from PWC, VA and other areas where anti-illegal laws rule the day, they will leave when they have no other choice. No jobs, no freebies = few illegals.

I hope the Hispanics who are supporting illegals realize the drug dealers, gang bangers, and other miscreants will be eligible for amnesty as long as they have never been “convicted” of a felony. Furthermore, there are plenty of murderers and rapists who have fled Mexico and other countries who have “clean” hands in the US, or have managed to avoid detection for crimes committed in this country.

If the government decided to grant amnesty to only 4 million illegals, do you think the "Hispanic community" would support having an equal number from various regions of the world? If, for example, we allowed 1 million from Mexico, 1 million from Haiti, 1 million from China, and 1 million from India. Or, do you think they would insist the majority come from Mexico?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:16 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,976,449 times
You are right. We cannot justify not securing the border. American citizens choose to disobey laws at their own peril. If you speed, you get a ticket. There's consequences. There are no consequences for breaking immigration laws. Somehow, the act of being illegal in the US has caused that person to be given a privileged status. You can't ask anything about them, or you're racist. We have turned into a country of wusses or wooses, however you spell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The question remains. The fact that we produce a bumper crop of criminals on our own indicates that re don't need to import any more.
The question: Can we really justify not securing the border when so many US citizens fall prey to crimes committed by illegals?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,269,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You are right. We cannot justify not securing the border. American citizens choose to disobey laws at their own peril. If you speed, you get a ticket. There's consequences. There are no consequences for breaking immigration laws. Somehow, the act of being illegal in the US has caused that person to be given a privileged status. You can't ask anything about them, or you're racist. We have turned into a country of wusses or wooses, however you spell it.
Exactly.. Asking for ID when stopped for breaking a law is racist. I am white and have had to produce ID every time that I have been stopped.
In Norfolk VA during the 80's my buddy was pulled over and I was a passenger. We both had to show ID. He was white too by the way. Damn so were the cops who asked for ID. Must be they were profiling for white criminals.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Time and again, we have stated that we do not need mass deportations. A simple enforcement of our laws would make a tremendous difference. As evidenced by the massive flight from PWC, VA and other areas where anti-illegal laws rule the day, they will leave when they have no other choice. No jobs, no freebies = few illegals.

I hope the Hispanics who are supporting illegals realize the drug dealers, gang bangers, and other miscreants will be eligible for amnesty as long as they have never been “convicted” of a felony. Furthermore, there are plenty of murderers and rapists who have fled Mexico and other countries who have “clean” hands in the US, or have managed to avoid detection for crimes committed in this country.

If the government decided to grant amnesty to only 4 million illegals, do you think the "Hispanic community" would support having an equal number from various regions of the world? If, for example, we allowed 1 million from Mexico, 1 million from Haiti, 1 million from China, and 1 million from India. Or, do you think they would insist the majority come from Mexico?
I think we all know the answer to your last question, Benicar.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think we all know the answer to your last question, Benicar.
Yes indeed. The outrage would be deafening. No doubt, MALDEF would file a “racial discrimination” lawsuit. After all, La Raza’s Queen Janet suggested we have a moratorium on legal immigration from Africa.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes indeed. The outrage would be deafening. No doubt, MALDEF would file a “racial discrimination” lawsuit. After all, La Raza’s Queen Janet suggested we have a moratorium on legal immigration from Africa.
The "raza" make their agenda pretty clear, don't they? Yet they call us racists when it is they that want less immigration from Africa but unlimited immigration from their own ethnic group.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:55 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,282,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So looking at a couple of comparisons, since you are in Pennsylvania:

Harrisburg PA 2008 crime index - 815.8

Allentown PA 2008 crime index - 510.4

Pittsburgh PA 2008 crime index - 544.1

Erie PA 2008 crime index - 393.1

Reading PA 2008 crime index - 611.6

Philadelphia PA 2008 crime index - 665.2

Seems like you are quite a bit safer in Arizona, or the border towns I listed for Texas or California.

The point though is that the Washington Post writer seems correct, the politicians using massive crime waves as the justification really don't have a legitimate case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration