Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:14 PM

105 posts, read 298,633 times

Advertisements

Simply tell your location or somewhere you have visited, then explain the amount of illegal alien activity you noticed.

2 years ago. Los Angeles, CA:
To keep this somewhat short and sweet...I was one of the few who could speak decent English. Spanish was heard in public almost exclusively. The crime was being commited by illegal aliens. Murders, DUI's, rapes, drugs...you name it. They had turned the entire area into their own Mexico and their own third world country. EVERYONE working could only speak Spanish. 99% were rude and had no concern for anyone else but themselves and their fellow illegals. Since then I've moved to South-Eastern Kentucky. The people here have no idea just how bad it is back there. But it's slowly making it's way here, way out in isolated appalachia. You run across illegals living out in the woods and doing their business in the creeks and streams. They're working some of the factories and agriculture and slowly making their way into the fast food/restaurant business. People here just don't seem to understand what it's like back in CA and that's what I fear the most.

Ok, your turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 02:33 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,968,775 times
Quote:
You run across illegals living out in the woods and doing their business in the creeks and streams.
You've seen illegals hanging their butts out and pooping in creeks and streams?

Old 12-29-2010, 02:38 PM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
You've seen illegals hanging their butts out and pooping in creeks and streams?
Well, they don't have out houses in canyons and valleys.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM

166 posts, read 247,111 times
North Florida. I see them everywhere! Jaywalking, Walmart is over run!, walking after dark in the middle of the road, schools, stores, everywhere.
And before someone asks how I know they're illegal, there are about three to four times as many as there was just 5 years ago and one in 50 might speak english. I'd say it's a pretty good bet that most are illegal.
Add to that, when I went to renew my driver license I had to present a certified birth certificate, ss card etc.. When I walked in I was actually AMAZED at how 'absent' they were..
Our little town is under 12,000 so any newcomer is noticed.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:12 PM

884 posts, read 717,918 times
CA, San Joaquin Valley. Major farming here. Since I work in the medical field I see the E.R. used as a clinc. 100 - 200 per day minimum, 99% not medical emergencies either. It disgusts me each and every day the audacity these people have. Also, one of the superwalmarts in the area looks like a tornado went through it. The overhead music in the store is spanish, the people speak NO ENGLISH and I will not go there any longer. I will say this, working in the fields is very hard work and I give the illegals kudos for doing it. I really wish our Gvt could come up with some work - furlough progam, or something like that for the ones that do work.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:48 PM

105 posts, read 298,633 times
Thanks for the responses, keep them coming. I would like this thread to be for reports only. I'd like to have a big list from various locations all across the country so people can just read through. Thanks everyone!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:05 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
CA, San Joaquin Valley. Major farming here. Since I work in the medical field I see the E.R. used as a clinc. 100 - 200 per day minimum, 99% not medical emergencies either. It disgusts me each and every day the audacity these people have. Also, one of the superwalmarts in the area looks like a tornado went through it. The overhead music in the store is spanish, the people speak NO ENGLISH and I will not go there any longer. I will say this, working in the fields is very hard work and I give the illegals kudos for doing it. I really wish our Gvt could come up with some work - furlough progam, or something like that for the ones that do work.
There already are unlimited H-2A visas for legal farm workers.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,839,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymaple View Post
Simply tell your location or somewhere you have visited, then explain the amount of illegal alien activity you noticed.

2 years ago. Los Angeles, CA:
To keep this somewhat short and sweet...I was one of the few who could speak decent English. Spanish was heard in public almost exclusively. The crime was being commited by illegal aliens. Murders, DUI's, rapes, drugs...you name it. They had turned the entire area into their own Mexico and their own third world country. EVERYONE working could only speak Spanish. 99% were rude and had no concern for anyone else but themselves and their fellow illegals. Since then I've moved to South-Eastern Kentucky. The people here have no idea just how bad it is back there. But it's slowly making it's way here, way out in isolated appalachia. You run across illegals living out in the woods and doing their business in the creeks and streams. They're working some of the factories and agriculture and slowly making their way into the fast food/restaurant business. People here just don't seem to understand what it's like back in CA and that's what I fear the most.

Ok, your turn.
How do you know they're illegal?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:05 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,868,085 times
I live in Northern Houston TX, I live within a few miles of a couple illegal immigrant pickup locations which the city calls "day laborer lots". I see illegals daily loitering in parking lots all over my area.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,087,936 times
Today.

Lakewood NJ.

A bunch of mexicans with snow shovels standing on corners every few blocks.

They do work hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration