Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,271,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly! I don't think this was a "typical" case.
I didnt watch the video because I really dont care what lame azz excuse illegals are using.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,604,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
"The Kids should have known their dad was illegal and started looking for a new home before going to school that day"

-anti-illegals
No, their "loving" dad should have thought enough of his children to take the proper steps to legalize his status. He didn't. Just as the children of citizens suffer due to the lawless behavior of their parents, these children must pay the price for the selfish/unlawful behavior of their dad.

Please quote where anyone has blamed these children.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,271,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, their "loving" dad should have thought enough of his children to take the proper steps to legalize his status. He didn't. Just as the children of citizens suffer due to the lawless behavior of their parents, these children must pay the price for the selfish/unlawful behavior of their dad.

Benicar you and that logic is going to start trouble again.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,489,800 times
Quote:

I so agree with you, what any of these parents do not realize, is the conseuences their children will suffer, because of their lawlessness.
I could never imagine when my children were young, leaving them behind for anyone or any Country, would not happen.

But in the quest, to break laws, and enter into this Country illegally, these parents, put their childs welfare at risk, does that not matter.
This case is different, and as someone said already, why make more babies, with someone as his wife.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,542,437 times
Quote:

Oh well I guess you can't call these kids anchor babies...

Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,954,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I so agree with you, what any of these parents do not realize, is the conseuences their children will suffer, because of their lawlessness.
I could never imagine when my children were young, leaving them behind for anyone or any Country, would not happen.

But in the quest, to break laws, and enter into this Country illegally, these parents, put their childs welfare at risk, does that not matter.
This case is different, and as someone said already, why make more babies, with someone as his wife.
Why would this be any different than a parent that decides to rob a bank and goes to prison? Do we stop punishing people because they have children. It is a shame that the children are the ones that truly pay, but we not only make our own bed, we make the bed for our kids too.. You break the law, you pay the consequences.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Oh well I guess you can't call these kids anchor babies...
Why not? Most likely, this guy thought if he married a U.S. citizen (anchor wife) AND fathered children in this country (anchor babies), he would probably escape deportation. Otherwise, realizing his deportable status, and given the mentally instability of his wife, he would have done everything in his power to legalize his status for the sake of his children. He gambled, and he lost. Sadly, these innocent children also lose.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,868,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think what the OP meant to say was that (SOME) illegals want to take their children home with them.
I am sure thats true.
Yes. A while back there was an article in the paper here about a mother in Juarez who had been deported and was fighting for custody of her 5 children all born in the USA. They were living in foster homes, the oldest child apparently wanted to remain in the foster home but the mother got the others back and was working to support them in her own country.

I don't think that the government should deny parents their children - imagine Americans living in some other country having children taken from them just for coming back to their own country?

In this case, if the mother is mentally ill, very likely the father is also mentally ill. And it doesn't seem that she's in any position to start sponsoring a series of immigrants, she can't support herself much less him.

I think the children would be better off in Mexico if he's more mentally stable than she.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes. A while back there was an article in the paper here about a mother in Juarez who had been deported and was fighting for custody of her 5 children all born in the USA. They were living in foster homes, the oldest child apparently wanted to remain in the foster home but the mother got the others back and was working to support them in her own country.

I don't think that the government should deny parents their children - imagine Americans living in some other country having children taken from them just for coming back to their own country?

In this case, if the mother is mentally ill, very likely the father is also mentally ill. And it doesn't seem that she's in any position to start sponsoring a series of immigrants, she can't support herself much less him.

I think the children would be better off in Mexico if he's more mentally stable than she.
I totally agree. And, if he truly loves his children, he will never stop fighting to have them reunited with him in Mexico. This is something La Raza, et al. should champion, since they claim to be advocates for Hispanic "immigrants." Rather than trying to guilt this country into allowing illegals to remain here with their children, they should be working on strategies for family reunification in their homelands. If family reunification is actually their goal, it shouldn't matter where they live, as long as they're together. But, they seem to believe families should only remain intact within the borders of the USA. I wonder why.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 AM

50,553 posts, read 47,382,764 times
Quote:
I totally agree. And, if he truly loves his children, he will never stop fighting to have them reunited with him in Mexico. This is something La Raza, et al. should champion, since they claim to be advocates for Hispanic "immigrants." Rather than trying to guilt this country into allowing illegals to remain here with their children, they should be working on strategies for family reunification in their homelands. If family reunification is actually their goal, it shouldn't matter where they live, as long as they're together. But, they seem to believe families should only remain intact within the borders of the USA. I wonder why.
I'll take "back door immigration Citizenship cheaters for 100" and the win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration