Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,513,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We don't need these people though. At least regular Americans don't. What benefit are they to them? The only ones benefiting are the greedy employers for more profit. We have millions of Americans out of work why should we import more workers legally or illegally? If an Americans hadn't lost their jobs to this cheap foreign labor they in turn would be paying those same taxes. Between illegal immigration and outsourcing job opportunities are disappearing for Americans. Whose country is this anyhow?

We don't need this added population growth draining our resources either. We already have over 310 million people in this country that we can't meet the demands for those things. Why aren't you suggesting that the sending countries which is mostly Mexico create jobs for their own citzens instead? There is 2 billion impoverished in this world that need jobs. Should we let them all in? There has to be a cutoff somewhere and with so many Americans out of work we sure don't need to import more foreign workers right now.
Because that is not what I believe in, I am an open borders advocate.

Sure if they can get here on Visa standards and prove they can support themselves why not? Perhaps you'd like to live in Mexico some day?

I still think Americans could take these jobs if they wanted to, they'd rather sit at home collecting Unemployment. Cut the benefits and let's see where the chips lay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 05:37 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,874,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You also gained the right to cheap labor, lining CEO's wallets and destroying families at will, all in the name of American consumerism. This is why I am for free markets and open borders, at least then the first 2 things can happen without the 3rd.
I'm not a CEO or a greedy employer. I didn't gain anything. Open the borders, let the world's least able people come here and I gain even less. I have no idea why you think the ordinary American should be in favor of allowing completely unskilled, barely educated Mexicans to come here and collect welfare.

Quote:
Nope and no! I say open up the visa doors and find a path to legality, therefore they will pay taxes and not come in illegally.
What taxes will Mexican high school drop outs who don't speak English pay?

Most of our own high school drop outs are not tax payers. What makes you think foreign nationals who don't even speak English will? If they were valuable employees the Mexicans would demand they come home. It says all you need to know about the people in question that Mexican officials do not.

Anyone who breaks our immigration laws should never be eligible for citizenship. The last thing we need are people who think laws are there to be broken when personally inconvenient.

Quote:
Not if they come in legally (Visa) registered and pay taxes.

Also legalize and regulate all narcotics while you are it.

2 wars bound for failure ended in 1 fell swoop.
They do not pay federal taxes. They pay very little in local taxes. Most are Mexican high school drop outs. The only reason employers like them is because they're cheap and willing to put up lousy employers and awful working conditions. Make them legal and all you do is force Americans to give them even more handouts. That's insane.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:39 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,330,892 times
Quote:

Sure if they can get here on Visa standards and prove they can support themselves why not? Perhaps you'd like to live in Mexico some day?

I still think Americans could take these jobs if they wanted to, they'd rather sit at home collecting Unemployment. Cut the benefits and let's see where the chips lay.
I already told you why not. We don't have the jobs and resources for them at least not without hurting American job prospects and resources. You're wrong about most Americans being lazy and that they would rather be sitting at home collecting unemployment. What happens when that unemployment runs out? Why such a low opinion of American workers? Did you read the article I linked for you? If we truly have had a labor shortage then why haven't the employers begged for more visas for legal workers? Simple, there is no labor shortage just greedy employers wanting cheap, illegal labor for more profit. They would continue to hire illegals for that same reason even if we did increase our visas for foreign workers. No, we need to reign in these employers, mandate e-verify and fine and imprison those who don't follow the law.

I am done with this off topic discussion.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:44 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,874,661 times
Quote:

Believing in open borders is like believing in Santa Claus.

Most of us do not want to live in Mexico. If Mexicans don't want to live there why should we?

Americans don't want to take dangerous jobs for no benefits and wages that won't support anyone. Why should we admire those who do? Why should we subsidize employers who can't figure out how to get something done without turning his employees into near slaves? If Mexicans want to ***** themselves out to greedy people at least let them stay home and do so instead of coming to America and brazenly demanding subsidies from our citizenry.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times
Quote:

NO need for bunchs of people who are the Mexican version of a hillbilly. How about stopping immigrating from Mexico for a few years and give preference to England, South Africa, Jamaica, Ireland, Phillipines and a few others? Mexico can take care if its own people.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,577,209 times
Quote:
Nope and no! I say open up the visa doors and find a path to legality, therefore they will pay taxes and not come in illegally.
As Eleanora stated, even with legal status, the majority wouldn't pay taxes due to their low wages and large number of dependents. What makes you believe these low-wage workers would pay taxes when at least 40% of U.S. citizens don't contribute to our tax base due to their low tax bracket? Get real.

Not to mention, the millions who would opt not to work, preferring to use their U.S.-born children as their source of income through our welfare system.

Quote:
Your solution is open borders? How will our citizens benefit from allowing hordes of illiterate, low-skilled, non-English-speaking foreigners from every corner of the world, not to mention, the entire underclass population of Mexico, to have the right to enter this country at will? Open borders isn't a solution. In fact, it would be a nightmare of epic proportions.

Let's not forget, we are already being fleeced to the tune of billions annually by illegal foreigners who aren't even required to pay a penny in federal taxes to qualify for thousands of dollars of OUR tax money by exploiting the ACTC. In fact, last year alone, U.S. taxpayers were bilked to the tune of $4.2 BILLION by illegals who filed taxes and claimed the ACTC. I hate to even imagine what it would cost if we actually had open borders.

Quote:
I have a better idea. Let's rid our country of illegals, and then see how many citizens become employed once the greedy employers are forced to return wages to the livable amounts paid prior to this invasion.

How about Mexico and other countries accepting responsibility for their own citizens, rather than expecting the U.S. to be a dumping ground for their discards? When is Mexico going to grow up and stop sucking on the teat of Mommy USA? It's beyond pathetic for Mexico to refuse to take care of its own citizens, and then whine because the citizens of this country aren't waiting with open arms to accept people their own country doesn't want.

Last edited by Benicar; 03-15-2012 at 06:54 PM..

Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,851 times
Quote:
Not if they come in legally (Visa) registered and pay taxes.

Also legalize and regulate all narcotics while you are it.

2 wars bound for failure ended in 1 fell swoop.
They already can come legally, they simply choose not to. They come immediately and illegally, simply for their own economic gain.

Legalize drugs? I should have known.

The wars have no effect on illegal immigration, nor does it change their bilking of our tax dollars.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:09 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,108,694 times
This is funny right here

Old 03-16-2012, 01:50 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
After having read the article and this statement "Child welfare officials are now asking a judge to strip Montes of his parental rights, reasoning it's better for the children to live with strangers in the country where they were born than with their father in Mexico. Such a ruling could clear the way for their adoption", I have to conclude that I will side with the father on this. The mother is mentally ill and incapable of caring for them, therefore the father shoud have the right to raise them in Mexico. I do question however why this father would continue to father kids by a mentally unstable mother.

A case could be argued that the father is unfit because he violated our immigration and labor laws and therefore indicates an unsavory character. But in the end if he has been a loving father otherwise I still think they should join him in Mexico. Mexico recognizes dual citizenship.
I agree. I think the kids belong with their father. To terminate his parental rights, and put the kids up for adoption is wrong. Another family may be able to provide more material things, but money doesn't replace biological parents.

I also question his wisdom in continuing to have children with a mentally unstable wife. If she's mentally incapable of caring for them who took care of them while he worked? Has she lost custody of them? If not, why shouldn't she be able to give permission for the kids to move to Mexico? Too many unanswered questions here. One more thing, I don't believe for one minute detainees are denied access to lawyers, phones, and hearings.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
This is funny right here
Oh this hit the nail on the head..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration