Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 01:55 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,385,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Where did you move to?...
I got a job offer in Canada that was too good to pass up, Amazing how 40 years went by so fast,
Still love America but with all the bickering/hate between people with differing political views going on ,the hate for certain demographics such as Hispanics, Same sex couples even environmentalists are coming under a hate attack and i cant believe the hate directed at the poor and those requiring food stamps, and a healthcare plan thats at least trying to address the 40 million who have no healthcare..
i dunno from where i;m standing it aint the America i left 40yrs ago,something aint right (No pun intended)down there. seems mean,nasty compassionless me myself and I attitudes are now the norm.
For me America has become a nice place to go once a year to visit the rest of the Family down in Fla.Not sure i'd want to live there again..too many intense and obsessed people .

Last edited by jambo101; 07-07-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 05:05 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,334,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I got a job offer in Canada that was too good to pass up, Amazing how 40 years went by so fast,
Still love America but with all the bickering/hate between people with differing political views going on ,the hate for certain demographics such as Hispanics, Same sex couples even environmentalists are coming under a hate attack and i cant believe the hate directed at the poor and those requiring food stamps, and a healthcare plan thats at least trying to address the 40 million who have no healthcare..
i dunno from where i;m standing it aint the America i left 40yrs ago,something aint right (No pun intended)down there. seems mean,nasty compassionless me myself and I attitudes are now the norm.
For me America has become a nice place to go once a year to visit the rest of the Family down in Fla.Not sure i'd want to live there again..too many intense and obsessed people .
Correction - there is no hate for Hispanics per se. Only those here illegally and their ethnocentric supporters. There is no hate for the poor who are truly needy either.

You're right this isn't America 40 years ago when there were far less illegal aliens and jobs and resources were plentiful. There was far less corruption in our govenment also.

Yes, the ones who are mean, nasty and uncompassionate are those who choose illegal foreigners over their own fellow citizens. All of the above is making us tense and obsessed with returning America to what it once was 40 years ago. That's a bad thing?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:49 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,078,434 times
Quote:
Until he was approved for a U.S. passport (top of page 4) almost three and a half years ago:

How did you determine his mother was an illegal alien?...
You spoiled the fun! My sheep was at the slaughter house doors!

The question now becomes, was the passport he received a US Citizenship Passport or a US National Passport? His Identity wasn't in question, just his class. The court documents do not clarify, thus again leading back to my previous statement from the USCIS Senior Official that a US birth Certificate usually is sufficient to establish U.S. nationality.

How can one determine if the mother came legally? The article only claims she came north, not that she immigrated. Coming north would be a safe assumption that she came illegally, being 3 months pregnant at the time. Pretty sure no Consular would have issued a visa to her since her husband had just died shortly before she came and she was pregnant.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 07-07-2012 at 10:05 PM..

Old 07-07-2012, 10:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,853,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You spoiled the fun! The question now becomes, was the passport he received a US Citizenship Passport or a US National Passport, as his Identity wasn't in question. The court documents do not clarify, thus again leading back to my previous statement from the USCIS Senior Official that a US birth Certificate usually is sufficient to establish U.S. nationality...
It's a U.S. citizen passport, trust me...

Quote:
...How can one determine if the mother came legally, the article only claims she came north not that she immigrated. Coming north would be a safe assumption that she came illegally, being 3 months pregnant at the time. Pretty sure no Consular would have issued a visa to her since her husband had just died shortly before she came.
In 1969 it would be hard to tell. I've got in-laws of a close friend that came the same year, and they openly comment on the difference in ease between then and now. It may have just been the circumstances that freed her to come.

Somewhat current immigration records can't be browsed yet by the public. I was surprised for relatives of my wife's family for the 1930's and 40's: Even though somewhat physically away from the border region, they crossed back and forth quite often (I even started to wonder if my father-in-law gained any status here during his crossings, knowing that he had siblings and other relatives that stayed).

Remember the thing about the paternal grandparents of New Mexico Governor Suzanna Martinez? I traced them frequently crossing, staying long-term eventually, with work-authorization. Maybe 30 years from now, with the release of the 1970 Federal Census and later immigration records we will find out.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:25 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,078,434 times
Quote:
It's a U.S. citizen passport, trust me...
You'll have to excuse me.....LOL , trust me, he says! As I said, the court documents do not clarify which passport was issued to him. I am assuming as there can be no denying it was a US National Passport until further proof is presented.

Quote:
In 1969 it would be hard to tell. I've got in-laws of a close friend that came the same year, and they openly comment on the difference in ease between then and now. It may have just been the circumstances that freed her to come.

Somewhat current immigration records can't be browsed yet by the public. I was surprised for relatives of my wife's family for the 1930's and 40's: Even though somewhat physically away from the border region, they crossed back and forth quite often (I even started to wonder if my father-in-law gained any status here during his crossings, knowing that he had siblings and other relatives that stayed).

Remember the thing about the paternal grandparents of New Mexico Governor Suzanna Martinez? I traced them frequently crossing, staying long-term eventually, with work-authorization. Maybe 30 years from now, with the release of the 1970 Federal Census and later immigration records we will find out.
Immigration Act of 1965 - Mexican immigration was restricted for the first time. While your comment is plausible, it's going to be a wait and see argument now.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:37 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,853,518 times
Quote:
You'll have to excuse me.....LOL , trust me, he says! As I said, the court documents do not clarify which passport was issued to him. I am assuming as there can be no denying it was a US National Passport until further proof is presented...
Really, it is a U.S. citizen passport, and I can say that with confidence...

Old 07-08-2012, 03:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,934,200 times
Quote:
OK from your doom and gloom posts i guess we can safely say its over for America as illegals are flooding the country by the millions and taking all the jobs with the governments blessing,in return they get the right to stay here for free,get all manner of social assistance if they dont feel like working with no fear of deportation and can even vote to sustain there own best interests,the welfare state is only increasing in size as jobs arent going to be coming back to America anytime soon if ever,The poor people are destroying the country.. and Obama and the Democrats are the sole cause of this demise..Etc. Etc. Etc.
I'd say a plan-B is in order before the ship sinks completely..
As much as my reluctant move out of America some years ago was tough it now seems to have turned into a blessing in disguise. I got a ring side seat for the sinking.
i think first we have to concentrate on america's poor and that is the point. if you don't stop the flooding of illegal citizens into the country, you just create MORE poor people.

who can't see that?

i personally don't think it would be that hard to bring jobs back to america if tariffs were established and implemented. you have to reward good behavior, and punish bad behavior-something the last couple of administrations haven't been willing to do. (on absolutely anything for that matter)

america has squandered the advantages it had with poor leadership. and a lack of coherent direction for our own country.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think first we have to concentrate on america's poor and that is the point. if you don't stop the flooding of illegal citizens into the country, you just create MORE poor people.

who can't see that?
Could you throw some (Non Biased)numbers out on the amount of illegals we are talking about as by your description i'm wondering why we even bother with border check points or immigration department as tens of millions of Mexican, Central Americans and just about any one else in the whole world for that matter seem to be free to just enter the US and get free everything courtesy of the American government.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:05 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,934,200 times
Quote:
Could you throw some (Non Biased)numbers out on the amount of illegals we are talking about as by your description i'm wondering why we even bother with border check points or immigration department as tens of millions of Mexican, Central Americans and just about any one else in the whole world for that matter seem to be free to just enter the US and get free everything courtesy of the American government.
here is an interesting statistic that i just came across a few days ago:

The number of U.S.-born youths not working in the summer has increased by 7.3 million since 2000.

that's an amazing statistic, and it shows that obviously their job opportunities are being diverted. (and it shows that the problem has been going on for a while now, so it's not just a democratic failure).

that's a big problem, because you want to get people used to the idea of work, reward, and responsibility right out of the gate-and we seem to be failing as a country to do it. i think a lot of younger people are discouraged by the competitiveness of the job market, and the lack of entry level positions.

look at all the people who applied for the mcdonald's openings when they made that announcement a while back.

and it's not just the youth either, from zero hedge today:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/econom...administration

Old 07-08-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

The number of U.S.-born youths not working in the summer has increased by 7.3 million since 2000.

that's an amazing statistic, and it shows that obviously their job opportunities are being diverted. (and it shows that the problem has been going on for a while now, so it's not just a democratic failure).
Not really that amazing,youth unemployment has risen 1% in the last 12 years and you are attributing this to the tens of millions of supposed illegals walking in and taking these jobs our youngsters would normally do? Could be many reasons for that 1% rise in youth unemployment one of which is they are probably staying in school longer due to the job markets demand for higher education requirements
I was under the impression these illegals got everything for free why would they bother with taking paltry minimum wage jobs from kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration