Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
As long as we remain virtually a silent minority we will be considered nothing more than a backburner, disgruntled minority and nothing will reverse the catastrophe path that this country is on. Illegal aliens on the other hand have hispanic relatives who are citizens that can vote and more dedicated to going to the polls in order to ensure that the laws are skirted and their voices are heard on behalf of their illegal alien family members. Said "hispanic voters" both legal and illegal voted to ensure to get the attention of the idiot politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Boy you have hit the nail on the head, though i live in O.C. CA i have rental properties in different Counties. One County, has a fair amount of hispanics, along with other mixed races.

I heard the sentiments about how we have to have amnesty i heard it first hand, why we have too and that we owe it to the hispanics. That if it were not for hispanics we would not have landscapers doing lawns, we would not have construction workers, etc etc etc.
And thrown in my face was the fact the hispanics were voting for Obama, due to nothing else but getting amnesty. At least the ones in Riverside County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Boy you have hit the nail on the head, though i live in O.C. CA i have rental properties in different Counties. One County, has a fair amount of hispanics, along with other mixed races.

I heard the sentiments about how we have to have amnesty i heard it first hand, why we have too and that we owe it to the hispanics. That if it were not for hispanics we would not have landscapers doing lawns, we would not have construction workers, etc etc etc.
And thrown in my face was the fact the hispanics were voting for Obama, due to nothing else but getting amnesty. At least the ones in Riverside County.
My son's best friend is American of mexican descent. When they had that first march several years ago, he and his entire family marched on behalf of illegal aliens because they have friends and family members in the country illegally. When I voiced my opinion about illegal immigration, because I am black, they didn't understand my opposition and think that their cause is parallel to the civil rights movement.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
My son's best friend is American of mexican descent. When they had that first march several years ago, he and his entire family marched on behalf of illegal aliens because they have friends and family members in the country illegally. When I voiced my opinion about illegal immigration, because I am black, they didn't understand my opposition and think that their cause is parallel to the civil rights movement.
They don't even need to be related to illegal immigrants or who have friends who are. Most Americans of Mexican descent that I have spoken with about this issue defend illegal immigrants because most illegal immigrants are Mexicans. It is as if their loyalty is to Mexicans and consider them their family moreso than their fellow Americans of all ethnic groups. Luis Gutierrez was on O'Reilly the other night and that is the way he explained it also. It's very troubling especially since they are a growing demographic. If our politicians don't cave into their demands they threaten to withold their votes.

It is puzzling when they try to compare the plight of illegal immigrants to the Civil Rights movement when blacks were citizens of this country and illegal immigrants don't even have a right to be here. Where is the comparison?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:57 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I forget which debate it was, but Obama made it a point to belittle Romney because he believed in forcing illegals to self deport. The idea of making it hard or impossible to live here as an illegal is some how wrong to Obama. Given the fact that not 1 but 2 of his family members have already been caught here illegally I am not surprised by Obama's sensitivity. Now we have Hispanics demanding Obama pass immigration reform. Amnesty by any other name.
I wonder how they would feel if the reform included raising the minimum standard for all immigrants?
1. College degree.
2. Proof of Financial ability to afford living here.
3. All immigrants require a sponsor.

Add a need for your career field.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They don't even need to be related to illegal immigrants or who have friends who are. Most Americans of Mexican descent that I have spoken with about this issue defend illegal immigrants because most illegal immigrants are Mexicans. It is as if their loyalty is to Mexicans and consider them their family moreso than their fellow Americans of all ethnic groups. Luis Gutierrez was on O'Reilly the other night and that is the way he explained it also. It's very troubling especially since they are a growing demographic. If our politicians don't cave into their demands they threaten to withold their votes.

It is puzzling when they try to compare the plight of illegal immigrants to the Civil Rights movement when blacks were citizens of this country and illegal immigrants don't even have a right to be here. Where is the comparison?
I would never support the criminal acts of someone simply because we happen to share a race or ethnicity. The only explanation I can come up with for their mindset and support of illegal aliens is that they are the racists. It seems that everyone(particularly illegal mexicans, many of whom are some of the most racist people on the planet) wants to cash in their ticket to citizenship by blackmailing America because of it's unfortunate history of racism.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:44 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,166 times
They are idiots...

I believe Obama has deported more illegals than any other president. On top of that, amnesty does mean everything will be sunshine and puppy dogs. That will probably make them pay a fee of a couple of thousand to just fill out the application, and then slap on more fees that total into the tens of thousands of dollars and be placed on a probation like list where if they break the law in a 10 or 15 year period they will be deported.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
They are idiots...

I believe Obama has deported more illegals than any other president. On top of that, amnesty does mean everything will be sunshine and puppy dogs. That will probably make them pay a fee of a couple of thousand to just fill out the application, and then slap on more fees that total into the tens of thousands of dollars and be placed on a probation like list where if they break the law in a 10 or 15 year period they will be deported.
You believe wrong.

Obama Admin Skews Deportation Figures | Judicial Watch

Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,765 times
Quote:
I would never support the criminal acts of someone simply because we happen to share a race or ethnicity. The only explanation I can come up with for their mindset and support of illegal aliens is that they are the racists. It seems that everyone(particularly illegal mexicans, many of whom are some of the most racist people on the planet) wants to cash in their ticket to citizenship by blackmailing America because of it's unfortunate history of racism.

Seems like they are doing a good job of it. What is disturbing is no one from the Hispanic community is calling them out on this. If no one from the Hispanic community will keep them honest who will.

Last edited by High Springs Gator; 11-19-2012 at 01:27 AM..

Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM

145 posts, read 509,165 times
These "fines" they will have to pay will be non existent.

I GUARANTEE there will be a "hardship waver" given out like jehovah witness pamphlets.

Every illegal will qualify , because legally they cant work in the U.S, so by default their yearly income is considered 0$ by the government. What does 0$ a year get you? Section 8 vouchers,health care, ebt, etc .. all payed gladly by the U.S taxpayer

Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM

424 posts, read 468,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He was promised by congress that it would be secured. Congress failed him and he lived to regret signing that amnesty. It was also promised that there would never be another amnesty and look what has happened long after he left office and died.
This is two and a half pounds of bologna!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration