Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
That's quite a rant...
Are they not claiming "racism" and discrimination against "brown" people to try to guilt this country into embracing millions here illegally? Are they not demanding amnesty and demonizing all who dare oppose them by calling us racists?

Funny, I haven't seen one "brown" Hispanic leader advocating for them on TV. Just like Mexico, all of their leaders are white. Yet, they continue to play the race card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are they not claiming "racism" and discrimination against "brown" people to try to guilt this country into embracing millions here illegally? Are they not demanding amnesty and demonizing all who dare oppose them by calling us racists?

Funny, I haven't seen one "brown" Hispanic leader advocating for them on TV. Just like Mexico, all of their leaders are white. Yet, they continue to play the race card.

I am in total agreement. Some people can't handle the truth.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
I forget which debate it was, but Obama made it a point to belittle Romney because he believed in forcing illegals to self deport. The idea of making it hard or impossible to live here as an illegal is some how wrong to Obama. Given the fact that not 1 but 2 of his family members have already been caught here illegally I am not surprised by Obama's sensitivity. Now we have Hispanics demanding Obama pass immigration reform. Amnesty by any other name.
I wonder how they would feel if the reform included raising the minimum standard for all immigrants?
1. College degree.
2. Proof of Financial ability to afford living here.
3. All immigrants require a sponsor.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:02 PM

62,988 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
That's quite a rant...
Not a rant....the truth. But I think you knew that.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times
At the Obama presser today, he was asked about 'immigration reform'. He stated that he was looking forward to working on a 'pathway to legal status'. The words 'legal staus' upset the United We Dream organization. They expected to hear 'pathway to citizenship'.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,790,336 times
Obama doesn't owe Latinos anything. He would have won the election anyway.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
At the Obama presser today, he was asked about 'immigration reform'. He stated that he was looking forward to working on a 'pathway to legal status'. The words 'legal staus' upset the United We Dream organization. They expected to hear 'pathway to citizenship'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Agreed. Obama don't need the Hispanic vote; they've been used IMHO.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
There is no anomosity or resentment to those who enter the US legally. The path to enter the US legally is open to all those who wish to apply.

Try going to a foreign country on a visa, overstay your visa, and then make demands on the government to provide for you and treat you the same as the citizens of that country and see how far you would get and see how much that government would do for you. Just as an example would be Mexico. They are highly opposed to illegals in their country, they don't want them and are hard on them - and it doesn't matter what country those illegals come from.

How very very true. So what Country is ignorant and stupid in being soft on illegal immigration. As you stated, just take a look at other Countries, and how they would treat illegal immigration.

We have created this monster, and there is no turning back, they seem to want more and more. And as far as Obama, he can now do what he pleases, he needs no one, he already won the election. Lets see what he does with immigration, but i can tell you this, the hispanics will not sit down, if he does not do what they think should be done.

What really gripes me, is that one nationality can think they they are so above any law, and far superior to any other?

Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
actually, no he wouldn't have.

23.7 million Latinos were eligible to vote and if obama got 70% (or whatever the final total was) he would have lost the election without the hispanic vote.

we have a new wave of welfare dependent people entering our country.

i find it interesting that obama voters now think that obama might not/should not push for amnesty.

what did they think was going to happen when they voted?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,265 times
I wouldn't be surprised if Obama tries for amnesty. Anything to keep from dealing with the economy, because he doesn't have a clue what to do about it. Doing for the 'underdog' is right in line though with his experience as a community organizer.

As to why some non-Hispanics support illegal immigrants, it's a feel good thing. They can pat themselves on the back for being compassionate, caring people. It makes them feel superior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration