Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 12:19 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,360,627 times

Advertisements

If the Lefties mean to have a war ..... let it begin here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 12:25 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,895,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
If the Lefties mean to have a war ..... let it begin here!
The war of words has been going on sonce Arizona took the brave step of AZ1070! We saw a President and a AG go to war with a State that is trying to up hold Federal Law.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:36 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,591,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurbanite View Post
It won't happen - Trump pulled the wool over your eyes and you fell for it - sorry about that but it will become abundantly clear over the next 12 months. Mark my words - no large wall will be built.

Here's why Somerville shouldn't be too worried about Trump pulling its federal funding

According to the anti-commandeering doctrine, it’s unconstitutional for the federal government to impose “targeted, affirmative, coercive duties” upon state or local government officials. And if Trump follows through on his pledge, sanctuary cities could use it to take on—and perhaps beat—the administration in federal court.

As an attorney in California—one of four sanctuary states—recently pointed out, the doctrine explicitly outlaws the type of retributive threat Trump has floated. Even if the Republican-controlled Congress passed a bill to follow through on the pledge, it could be seen as an infringement on states’ rights.

More reading:

The Mythical Connection Between Immigrants and Crime - WSJ
Actually, Trump is going to pick at least one Supreme Court Justice and likely more. That would put the Supreme Court in his favor, so he could just use the Supreme Court to rubber stamp his agenda.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have to contribute thru my taxes my share of the $113 billion a year that they cost us. I have seen some of my family members and my fellow Americans replaced on their construction jobs by illegal aliens. We have all had to put up with them in our ER's which delays treatment for our own citizens and they don't pay for services rendered. My grandchildren are in classrooms with them which diminishes the quality of their education because they are overcrowded and most of them speak no English. I have friends who have been in auto accidents with them and of course they carry no insurance. I know of some who have had their SS numbers stolen by them and it screwed up their credit and caused them heartaches. Do you need any more examples? Shouldn't we all have an axe to grind with illegal aliens, including you?

It doesn't matter whether or not illegals commit fewer crimes than Americans (and of course those who claim that always blur the lines between legal and illegal by calling them all just plain ole immigrants) they have no legal right to be here, taking jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. We have enough of our own home grown criminals to deal with.

You're wrong, most illegals are border jumpers only 40% are visa over stayers who come here by plane or some other mode of transportation. We do need a better system to track them also. A ladder won't work on the double layered wall already proposed by congress.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Actually, and this is true overall, the reason we are upset mostly with illegals, other than the crimes they commit, is:

1.) If they got Amnesty, then most of them would vote Democrat. And that would make another Republican Party victory impossible. And thus, the entire country would be like California and the last 8 years would be a cakewalk to what they'd get.

2.) We did Amnesty before, all it did was get more illegals and no border wall, security. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

3.) We're losing jobs to them. And we just had a recession too. They're just adding insult to injury.

Our REAL enemies are:

1.) The politicians (from both parties) who support this so that they can get more power for their party and/or nice payoffs from the lobbyists.

2.) The greedy businessmen trying to cheapen the labor market by bringing in all these illegals by claiming fake shortages. (I have the same argument about the fake tech "shortages" and the H1B visa abuses like Disney, Southern California Edison, etc. Furthermore, BTW, some, including Disney, etc, are pushing both for Amnesty AND abusing the H1B visas. They'd abuse every sector except the top if they could get away with it.)

3.) The media that tries to hide the truth of what's going on from the public and trashes anyone that dares tell the truth.

4.) The hate America groups like La Raza going around calling us racist, suggesting that we not be allowed to fly or wear the American flag, yet they go and fly the Mexican flag in an effort to taunt us.

Let me explain it another way. Let's pretend the world is the Lion King. Obama, the Dems, the Republican Establishment, Big Business, Big Labor, etc are all Scar and the illegals are the Hyenas.

Even the lyrics from the song "Be Prepared" spell out what's REALLY going on:

Shenzi: Great idea! Who needs a king?
Shenzi and Banzai: No king! No king! La-la-la-la-la-la!
Scar: Idiots! There will be a king!
Banzai: Hey, but you said, uh...
Scar: I will be king! Stick with me, and you'll never go hungry again!
Shenzi and Banzai (Variously): Yay! All right! Long live the king!
Hyena Clan: Long live the king! Long live the king!

Hyena Clan: King, king, king, king, king, king!
It's great that we'll soon be connected
With a king who'll be all time adored

Scar: Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected
To take certain duties on board

The future is littered with prizes
And though I'm the main addressee
The point that I must emphasize is
You won't get a sniff without me!!!

Yes, the illegals get a better world than their own home country, but the REAL winners are the greedy businessmen, the union bosses, and the politicians.

Also, continuing the Lion King analogy, under "Scar's" rule the last 8 or more years, the lionesses (the taxpayers, etc) are being forced to overhunt to feed the Hyenas. Now, the Hyenas, other than with Simba and Nala, don't appear to have attacked the Pride Lands lions DIRECTLY, but their presence sure is making the place worse. Eventually, the place gets so bad that both the Hyenas and the Lionesses are hungry and the food is depleted and the land is going to seed. Scar just blows it off and tells the Hyenas "Eat Zazu."

When Simba shows up, rather than step down, Scar points at the Hyenas and says "There's a problem here. You see, they think that I should be King."

So, to make a final analogy, those who say "You can't deport them. They aren't hurting anyone." are basically, under Lion King logic, telling the Lionesses that they shouldn't deport the Hyenas, who are basically keeping Scar in power, as the Hyenas aren't "hurting them".

BTW, I think the Left for one WOULD double cross the illegals just like Scar called the Hyenas the "enemy" when it was convenient for him, if they thought that giving Amnesty would give the Right MORE power. Heck, they'd be blasting illegal immigration and suggesting guard towers, attack dogs, machine guns, barbed wire, etc at the border if they thought that the illegals would be helping the other side or would be a hangup to their agenda.

Last edited by MongooseHugger; 12-31-2016 at 04:22 PM..

Old 12-31-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Exactly! I keep hearing the pro-illegal apologists say that Trump fooled his supporters because he's only going after the criminals. Wrong. He said they take priority--it only makes sense to go after them first, and the pro-illegals look pretty stupid and heartless arguing to protect violent felons. He has never said the ones with no criminal history get to stay or deserve a path to citizenship.
To the credit of the liberals, they aren't exactly off on that one that Trump might do a double cross:

Donald Trump -- Undocumented Workers Can Stay ... But ONLY if They Work Hard | TMZ.com

Donald Trump tells immigrant advocates

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...45053482319872

Eric Trump: My dad's immigration plan includes amnesty after deportation | RedState

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...ion-on-amnesty

The first two sites are more liberal, the third comes from none other than Trump himself, and the last two are from right wing sites.

Last edited by MongooseHugger; 12-31-2016 at 04:07 PM..

Old 12-31-2016, 04:55 PM

63,038 posts, read 29,235,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
To the credit of the liberals, they aren't exactly off on that one that Trump might do a double cross:

Donald Trump -- Undocumented Workers Can Stay ... But ONLY if They Work Hard | TMZ.com

Donald Trump tells immigrant advocates

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...45053482319872

Eric Trump: My dad's immigration plan includes amnesty after deportation | RedState

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...ion-on-amnesty

The first two sites are more liberal, the third comes from none other than Trump himself, and the last two are from right wing sites.

The first link was about something he said back in 2013. He wasn't even running for president then and sometimes people change their minds on the issues.

In your first conservative link you left something out. He said they'd have to return to their homelands first and apply to come back legally. He's always said that. However, they would have to wait their turn in line behind those who have already applied to come the right way in the first place. I seriously doubt that many of them would be able to return.

Since so many Republican politicians opposed Trump in the first place it wouldn't surprise me if any of these conservative sites would attempt to twist the meaning of his words. As for me, I'm just going to sit back and watch and see what he actually does.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:03 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,118,568 times
Talk is big when using others' monies.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:24 AM

800 posts, read 509,534 times
How far down this country's mindset has fallen. Just over 20 years ago Bill Clinton in a speech spoke of deporting more illegal aliens(yes he even said "aliens"), of more strictly enforcing immigration laws, and the problems of illegals recieving entitlements, and he got a round of applause. Now, Trump says those same things and half the country goes ballistic and calls him every bad word in the book.

Last edited by Wambatown81; 01-08-2017 at 02:36 AM..

Old 01-08-2017, 07:42 AM

63,038 posts, read 29,235,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
How far down this country's mindset has fallen. Just over 20 years ago Bill Clinton in a speech spoke of deporting more illegal aliens(yes he even said "aliens"), of more strictly enforcing immigration laws, and the problems of illegals recieving entitlements, and he got a round of applause. Now, Trump says those same things and half the country goes ballistic and calls him every bad word in the book.

That's because in the past 20 years this country has become more liberal and PC (our downfall). Much of it is due to a growing minority population thru immigration both legal and illegal and they tend to be liberal Democrats. If this type of liberal mindset about illegal immigration isn't turned around we will turn into a Third World country where laws are just to be ignored and those who break them will be rewarded for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration