Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 08:13 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,959,530 times

Advertisements

The battle lines sharpened after Trump announced his nomination of an immigration hard-liner, Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for attorney general.

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee is undaunted. "Being a sanctuary city is in our DNA," Lee said in a tweet. "San Francisco will never be anything other than a sanctuary city."

Sanctuary Cities Insist They'll Stand Strong

This is fixin' to get interesting real soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 09:45 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,397,488 times
San Francisco, Chicago and NYC...Can anyone update me on Dallas, Houston and Miami's stances?

How much you wanna bet this is what wakes people in the big cities up?

Old 12-04-2016, 09:58 AM

649 posts, read 318,027 times
I hope every one of them end up just like Detroit , some are broke & not far from it now .

Old 12-04-2016, 10:18 AM

27,358 posts, read 15,478,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The battle lines sharpened after Trump announced his nomination of an immigration hard-liner, Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for attorney general.

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee is undaunted. "Being a sanctuary city is in our DNA," Lee said in a tweet. "San Francisco will never be anything other than a sanctuary city."

Let them do it on their own.

This detrimental to our nation behavior has to stop now.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:45 AM

63,352 posts, read 29,429,510 times
They have a lot of nerve harboring criminals in defiance of federal law.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:15 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,423,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
San Francisco, Chicago and NYC...Can anyone update me on Dallas, Houston and Miami's stances?

How much you wanna bet this is what wakes people in the big cities up?
Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings to Hispanics:

Mike Rawlings, Mayor of Dallas, Hillary Clinton supporter and illegal-lover. I can't vote against him since I don't live in Dallas.

Lupe Valdez: Common sense immigration policies help police keep communities safe | Commentary | Dallas News

Lupe Valdez, Sheriff of Dallas County, DACA/DAPA supporter and illegal-lover. I voted against her in 2016.

I don't actually live in Dallas...I'm in the suburbs, which is where most Dallas-Fort Worth residents actually live. (The Metromess is about 6.5 million strong. Dallas proper is about 1.3 million...Fort Worth, 800,000. The rest of us are in suburbia.)

My suburb is old and is a mile from the city line, which I frequently cross when running errands.

Dallas has a big illegal immigrant problem. HUGE. They're a scourge on the schools, the blue-collar neighborhoods, on public health, and on law enforcement. I live in Dallas County which houses Parkland Hospital, THE main public healthcare facility in this county and it's overrun with illegals. Well over half of births at Parkland are to indigent illegal mothers. Since I'm a resident of Dallas County and a homeowner here, my tax dollars get funneled there to pay for it. Yippee.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:10 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,226,885 times
Default Supreme Court rulings grant illegals rights

Its time for either Congress (best) or the Supreme Court (OK?) to revisit a 128 year old case (Yick Wo vs. Hopkins which bootstrapped and some say hi-jacked our Constitution by granting illegal aliens equal protection under the law under the 14th amendment. That case led to a series of federal cases which by judicial fiat (social engineering) granted illegal aliens the same rights as US citizens. Illegal populations are even counted to establish the number of electoral votes each state is entitled.

Why is this important? Because sanctuary cities are using these cases to justify their defiance of our immigration laws. When the unelected Supreme Court Justices legislate from the bench it destroys our representative democracy.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:46 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,254,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Its time for either Congress (best) or the Supreme Court (OK?) to revisit a 128 year old case (Yick Wo vs. Hopkins which bootstrapped and some say hi-jacked our Constitution by granting illegal aliens equal protection under the law under the 14th amendment. That case led to a series of federal cases which by judicial fiat (social engineering) granted illegal aliens the same rights as US citizens. Illegal populations are even counted to establish the number of electoral votes each state is entitled.

Why is this important? Because sanctuary cities are using these cases to justify their defiance of our immigration laws. When the unelected Supreme Court Justices legislate from the bench it destroys our representative democracy.
You might want to read the 14th Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

I took the liberty of underlining the relevant words, which you seem to not understand. It says "person" instead of "citizen". Learn the difference.

Republicans control 34 States, so Trump should have no problem getting a Constitutional Amendment passed fixing the obvious flaws in the 14th Amendment.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Status: "Just think, a Buc-ee's replacing an old Buc-ee's." (set 2 days ago)

52,783 posts, read 48,179,745 times
I think these cities should have all federal funding cut off unless their stances change.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:04 PM

1,850 posts, read 825,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

Remove all federal funds from him and then interview him three months later, when he's only dressed in his underwear, his city has become deserted, and he's on his knees begging for food and water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration