Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 06:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,916,369 times

Advertisements

Obama's justice department sued cities and states for trying to enforce immigration laws. Maybe Trump's DOJ will sue sanctuary cities for obstructing immigration enforcement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 07:33 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,906,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurbanite View Post
Guess that would depend on the Governor. Ours wont be coming to "do it for them".

Baker: I'll fight for sanctuary cities funding - Lowell Sun Online
It would not be the first time a Governor was removed for not up holding Federal Law.

Impeachment in the United States - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States
  1. Cached
  2. Similar

The most recent impeachment of a state governor occurred on January 14, 2009, when the Illinois House of Representatives voted 117-1 to impeach Rod Blagojevich on corruption charges; he was subsequently removed from office and barred from holding future office by the Illinois Senate on January 29.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:05 PM

570 posts, read 564,998 times
Quote:
Because the government let them in decades ago, now many have us-born children and live here. You can't just pick them up and throw them out of the country - America is better than that, even WITH Fuhrer Trump.

Btw Trump himself has ALREADY backtracked on his claims (big surprise)! He is only planning to deport the convicted criminals and and said that "after everything gets normalized, the fate of terrific people who remain in the country illegally will be decided". In other words they stay!
Exactly! The Government knew what was going on at the time before it became a big mess and now Trump came in to push the agenda to win the Republican party. His recent interview was to deport back all illegals that have committed acts of crime here in the U.S. I'm with that. In all honesty I wish we didn't have an illegal problem, but it stands today that we have a big one in which needs to be addressed. I'm all for the illegals wanting to heading back across, but it's the illegals that have established families here in America that's going to divide weather we should let them stay or go.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:17 PM

570 posts, read 564,998 times
I live in Texas and see the economic devastation first hand. Violent crimes, pollution, drugs, overcrowding, ect. Which not only that it cost each Texas tax payers including myself $1,197. All that money could have went to better use like improving education, roads, and infrastructure.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:19 PM

10,045 posts, read 9,560,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The battle lines sharpened after Trump announced his nomination of an immigration hard-liner, Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for attorney general.

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee is undaunted. "Being a sanctuary city is in our DNA," Lee said in a tweet. "San Francisco will never be anything other than a sanctuary city."

Sanctuary Cities Insist They'll Stand Strong

This is fixin' to get interesting real soon.
Nice to know there traitors put illegals first over tax paying Americans and legal residents. Scumbag dbags.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 PM

10,045 posts, read 9,560,869 times
Quote:
Won't happen. Here's why Somerville shouldn't be too worried about Trump pulling its federal funding

Somerville mayor vows to protect immigrants as Trump takes over | Boston Herald

“All studies from sociologists and criminologists show that non-citizen immigrants commit fewer crimes than their peers."
Flawed study, anyone here illegally has committed a crime.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:33 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,959,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicAries View Post
Exactly! The Government knew what was going on at the time before it became a big mess and now Trump came in to push the agenda to win the Republican party. His recent interview was to deport back all illegals that have committed acts of crime here in the U.S. I'm with that. In all honesty I wish we didn't have an illegal problem, but it stands today that we have a big one in which needs to be addressed. I'm all for the illegals wanting to heading back across, but it's the illegals that have established families here in America that's going to divide weather we should let them stay or go.
Even those illegals married to US citizens or to even legal aliens, they still need to go. Period.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:53 PM

63,361 posts, read 29,429,510 times
Quote:
Because the government let them in decades ago, now many have us-born children and live here. You can't just pick them up and throw them out of the country - America is better than that, even WITH Fuhrer Trump.

Btw Trump himself has ALREADY backtracked on his claims (big surprise)! He is only planning to deport the convicted criminals and and said that "after everything gets normalized, the fate of terrific people who remain in the country illegally will be decided". In other words they stay!

Since when is enforcing our immigration laws akin to Nazism? America is better than that, huh?

Trump stating that he will deport "convicted" criminals first does not mean he won't take steps to see that the rest leave voluntarily or deported as they are discovered. I don't get where you think that means they will get to stay. Wishful thinking, perhaps?

Old 12-22-2016, 08:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,995,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Even those illegals married to US citizens or to even legal aliens, they still need to go. Period.
Not gonna happen, Period.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:47 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,397,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not gonna happen, Period.
Oh, Trust me. If Trump does what he says, a lot of them will be gone.

And if the Democrats in the Senate try to block him on everything he wants to do, there's going to be another ass-kicking in 2018. Mark it down. People are sick and tired of all the Democrats' bullcrap. And Hillary only got the popular vote because of California and NYC, so you can't say people ain't sick and tired of them, because they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration