Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 06:42 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,903,543 times

Advertisements

The Only reason why these city support Sanctuary Polices is some how they get to vote and the Dem's receive Contributions to staying power.

The other reason is head count for Federal Programs. The more people enrolled , the more funding the city gets!

At the end of the day, No visa, No Pass port and or work permit out you go. Families being split ,non issue, these Illegals made that choice when they decided to cross a international border Illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 07:47 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,339,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since when is enforcing our immigration laws akin to Nazism? America is better than that, huh?

Trump stating that he will deport "convicted" criminals first does not mean he won't take steps to see that the rest leave voluntarily or deported as they are discovered. I don't get where you think that means they will get to stay. Wishful thinking, perhaps?
Perhaps - but he intentionally left the door open to only deporting criminals. Why do you think he did that? He even called them wonderful people. You guys are going to be sorely disappointed when you see that Trump conned you like he conned so many others in his life. btw do you really believe there will be a 50ft concrete call from the pacific to the atlantic? Really? How can you be so gulliable?

Old 12-23-2016, 08:52 AM

63,275 posts, read 29,374,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurbanite View Post
Perhaps - but he intentionally left the door open to only deporting criminals. Why do you think he did that? He even called them wonderful people. You guys are going to be sorely disappointed when you see that Trump conned you like he conned so many others in his life. btw do you really believe there will be a 50ft concrete call from the pacific to the atlantic? Really? How can you be so gulliable?

Your opinion doesn't equate to facts until it plays out. I disagree with Trump calling any of them wonderful people as wonderful people don't break laws. The exception might be these so-called Dreamers brought here by their parents who did not break the law. However, when they turned 18 they were responsible for their own status and if they failed to address that then yes they are criminals also. If memory serves me right he said that the so-called non-criminals would have to return to their countries and apply to come back legally.

As for the wall, all that needs is for the 700 mile long wall on the most porous areas of our border to be built which was already approved by congress but not funded. The border patrol can handle the rest as illegals would have to try and cross in areas that would be far more dangerous. It would be a huge deterrant.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:19 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,339,956 times
Quote:
The exception might be these so-called Dreamers brought here by their parents who did not break the law. However, when they turned 18 they were responsible for their own status and if they failed to address that then yes they are criminals also.

As for the wall, all that needs is for the 700 mile long wall on the most porous areas of our border to be built which was already approved by congress but not funded. The border patrol can handle the rest as illegals would have to try and cross in areas that would be far more dangerous. It would be a huge deterrant.
Have you been personally harmed by illegals? Just curious, you seem to have an axe to grind against people who statistically commit fewer crimes than citizens.

The wall wont deter anyone, 40% of them come via air already and another 40% come with visas and overstay them. The 20% that come over the border now will just do the same, or buy a ladder!

Last edited by semiurbanite; 12-23-2016 at 09:44 AM..

Old 12-23-2016, 09:50 AM

63,275 posts, read 29,374,158 times
Quote:
Have you been personally harmed by illegals? Just curious, you seem to have an axe to grind against people who statistically commit fewer crimes than citizens.

The wall wont deter anyone, almost half of them come via air already - more will just do the same, or buy a ladder!

I have to contribute thru my taxes my share of the $113 billion a year that they cost us. I have seen some of my family members and my fellow Americans replaced on their construction jobs by illegal aliens. We have all had to put up with them in our ER's which delays treatment for our own citizens and they don't pay for services rendered. My grandchildren are in classrooms with them which diminishes the quality of their education because they are overcrowded and most of them speak no English. I have friends who have been in auto accidents with them and of course they carry no insurance. I know of some who have had their SS numbers stolen by them and it screwed up their credit and caused them heartaches. Do you need any more examples? Shouldn't we all have an axe to grind with illegal aliens, including you?

It doesn't matter whether or not illegals commit fewer crimes than Americans (and of course those who claim that always blur the lines between legal and illegal by calling them all just plain ole immigrants) they have no legal right to be here, taking jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. We have enough of our own home grown criminals to deal with.

You're wrong, most illegals are border jumpers only 40% are visa over stayers who come here by plane or some other mode of transportation. We do need a better system to track them also. A ladder won't work on the double layered wall already proposed by congress.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Last edited by Oldglory; 12-23-2016 at 10:26 AM..

Old 12-23-2016, 01:38 PM

26,098 posts, read 22,294,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I think these cities should have all federal funding cut off unless their stances change.
Here is the way I see it, it is just like you telling your employer that you refuse to abide by the rules. No funding unless you meet the expectations.

I expect they will cut the funding and choke them out. It is the fair and reasonable thing to do.

The law is pretty clear: http://www.fairus.org/issue/the-law-...illegal-aliens and shouldn't be limited to individuals.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,950,449 times
Quote:

The wall wont deter anyone, 40% of them come via air already and another 40% come with visas and overstay them. The 20% that come over the border now will just do the same, or buy a ladder!
I've got a BIG ax to grind against illegal aliens AND their fans cause their kind force down wages for many American and legal alien trades people. Too; what gives any illegal the right to try to cut in line for people who want to move to the US legally?

BTW: walls DO have the rep of working pretty well like the Berlin Wall and that wall Israel put up to keep terrorists OUT.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:29 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,635,733 times
Quote:
Since when is enforcing our immigration laws akin to Nazism? America is better than that, huh?

Trump stating that he will deport "convicted" criminals first does not mean he won't take steps to see that the rest leave voluntarily or deported as they are discovered. I don't get where you think that means they will get to stay. Wishful thinking, perhaps?
Exactly! I keep hearing the pro-illegal apologists say that Trump fooled his supporters because he's only going after the criminals. Wrong. He said they take priority--it only makes sense to go after them first, and the pro-illegals look pretty stupid and heartless arguing to protect violent felons. He has never said the ones with no criminal history get to stay or deserve a path to citizenship.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:36 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,635,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Cities themselves get little direct funding from the Feds, it goes through the States. Withhold Federal funds from the States and they will not like the power play, what happens when they refuse to collect federal taxes, hmmm.
What do you mean refuse to collect federal taxes? You mean what if cities and states refuse to PAY federal taxes? If you don't pay tax that you owe the feds just garnish your wages. From your employer or from your bank account directly they'll get it. They can also throw people--including city and state officials--in jail for refusing to pay taxes. They can freeze funding to the whole state if they wanted to. There is no such thing as cities or states waging war against the federal government and winning. It's all a fantasy in your head.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:36 PM

50,545 posts, read 47,363,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Exactly! I keep hearing the pro-illegal apologists say that Trump fooled his supporters because he's only going after the criminals. Wrong. He said they take priority--it only makes sense to go after them first, and the pro-illegals look pretty stupid and heartless arguing to protect violent felons. He has never said the ones with no criminal history get to stay or deserve a path to citizenship.
There is a lot of evidence a lot of people here illegally have already started returning south of the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration