Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 01:21 AM

800 posts, read 508,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
They offer the skill of being willing to work their butts off in our dirty low wage/low education jobs. This is totally undervalued in my opinion. I personally have no interest in washing dishes, cleaning hotel rooms, picking crops, cleaning toilets, roofing houses, etc. I'm thankful for immigrants filling most of those positions.
They wouldn't be nearly as low wage and the conditions would be better IF immigrants didnt flood our job market in the first place. There was no shortage of white Americans willing to do these hard dirty jobs decades ago. If you and many others would never"lower" yourselves to the level of doing these jobs and have no interest in them, then fine don't do them. But don't support the huge undercutting of wages and working conditions for American citizens who would otherwise be perfectly willing to do these jobs. To do so is being basically a total traitor to working class Americans.

Whats next, we replace all American manufacturing jobs with illegals and third world immigrants? Then move up to nurses and accountants? Those good jobs are gonna start to look like more bad underpaid jobs that nobody wants to do. "Oh well, I never wanted to be a nurse or accountant, I'm thankful somebody will do those jobs while I'm working my government high end job."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 01:43 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We Americans are kinder than our so-called president.
Poll: 60% say employed undocumented immigrants should stay in U.S. - UPI.com
that is comical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RF6hPjcGEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RF6hPjcGEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pix5DW9--UQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RPnLVf8tt8

Old 03-21-2017, 03:07 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
They wouldn't be nearly as low wage and the conditions would be better IF immigrants didnt flood our job market in the first place. There was no shortage of white Americans willing to do these hard dirty jobs decades ago. If you and many others would never"lower" yourselves to the level of doing these jobs and have no interest in them, then fine don't do them. But don't support the huge undercutting of wages and working conditions for American citizens who would otherwise be perfectly willing to do these jobs. To do so is being basically a total traitor to working class Americans.

Whats next, we replace all American manufacturing jobs with illegals and third world immigrants? Then move up to nurses and accountants? Those good jobs are gonna start to look like more bad underpaid jobs that nobody wants to do. "Oh well, I never wanted to be a nurse or accountant, I'm thankful somebody will do those jobs while I'm working my government high end job."
Agreed tho many Black Americans don't have a problem doing that kind of work either.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:36 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post

So you acknowledge that there is a path but good majority won't be able to gain residence because it is expensive, difficult and takes a long time? OK? It's good to know that it's very difficult, we don't need to import poor people with zero skills. An engineer can probably afford it, will easily find work and will be a net positive on our society.
No, I'm saying that because of the few legal residence options available currently, none apply to them. Thus, there is no path.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:46 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Quote:
No, I'm saying that because of the few legal residence options available currently, none apply to them. Thus, there is no path.
So what? What entitles them to come here? Why not work at home? Why not find another path? What about other countries?

Old 03-21-2017, 07:17 AM

33,587 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Sure,but the illegals wanted to break the law instead of getting in line for that pathway. They refused that pathway that has always been there.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:19 AM

50,345 posts, read 47,088,247 times
The pathway leads south and they will become legal just south of San Diego.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
So what? What entitles them to come here? Why not work at home? Why not find another path? What about other countries?
Why are you so anti-immigrant? So jobs are available to them here. Why not let them come here and work these low-level jobs nobody else wants and let them make this place their home?

Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Sure,but the illegals wanted to break the law instead of getting in line for that pathway. They refused that pathway that has always been there.
Dude I just explained in the previous posts that there is no pathway, so please quit pretending there is.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:29 AM

25,965 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
If that happened you do realize the country would have a massive labor shortage in our fields, restaurants, custodial services, meatpacking plants, and in construction....this point cannot be argued.
Nope! Not true at all. Also, with meatpacking (coming from KS minutes from it), it has become highly mechanized and there is no place for uneducated workers who do not speak English. Restaurants? Not a problem, right now high school and college kids who normally do those jobs can't find work because the illegal aliens are filling those jobs. And construction, don't even go there, so many American craftsmen have been replaced using illegals doing shoddy work.

It can be argued and won:

Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

https://www.numbersusa.com/resource-...ricans-wont-do

This is an excellent article: The Social Contract - The Jobs Americans Won't Do

Civil-rights commish: Blacks hammered by illegal immigration

Quote:
I'm willing to try it out. There will be some impact but I really doubt the sky will fall like the bleeding hearts make out to be. The market will correct itself.
Yes, it will, note my links above, people are waiting for this to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI8xDMMNWLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Nothing bad about wages going UP for Americans and legal aliens. I don't believe in slavery even tho many illegal alien fans DO.
Many illegal alien sympathizers don't realize the conditions that illegal aliens work under and the constant threat that if they speak out against exploitation, they would be apprehended. Also, so much money is made by slum lords, here, houses that should be torn down are rented out and drive the cost of rent up for other individuals, no one could imagine what a dumpy house here rents for because they can get it. I don't know what is wrong with the town officials - corrupt I suppose, probably slum lords themselves.

It has already been demonstrated that the increase in wages would add very little to the cost and that the cry the crops would rot in the fields is nothing but a lie as there is an unlimited number of agricultural visas available, but then again, farmers would be required to pay a fair wage and not treat the employees like less than humans which is something the farmers have no interest in.

As far as a pathway, we have rules in place. There have been a lot of things in life where there was no "pathway" for me to have them, rather than pouting about it and blaming others, I made do with what my circumstances were.

Quote:
Are you making a toast to me or calling me the butcher? Why are you so interested in keeping illegals here?

By the way, 11 million people will not be apprehended and deported instantly. The reality, unfortunately, is that they won't be able to get most of them and it will take a long time to make a significant impact.
The chipping away at illegal aliens will greatly help, encourage some who can't take the pressure to leave on their own and discourage others from coming in.

Quote:
My whole argument goes back to the multiple comments made suggesting that illegal immigrants could simply go back to their country of origin and apply for a visa or green card....it's a blatantly misleading statement and I'm sick of people propagating such rubbish.
This forum area is for illegal immigration. You might try discussing this under legal immigration above. We have no obligation to allow immigrants into the country at a time when there are no jobs for our own people. Many legal immigrants also live off the taxpayers. http://cis.org/Cost-Welfare-Immigrant-Native-Households

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yes, it can be argued. Who do you think did all those jobs before we were infested with illegals? Americans did them and they were paid a decent wage to do so. Americans didn't live in overcrowded flophouses and destroy entire neighborhoods. They lived 1 family per home and took care of their properties.

Americans still do those jobs. Even in immigrant-heavy cities, you will see Americans cleaning the hotel rooms and working back of the house restaurant jobs.

As for "the fields" --- farmers have access to an agricultural visa program that has no caps. When GA and AL got tough on illegals, illegals left in droves. Sleazy farmers who refused to use the guest worker program lost their illegals. Honest farmers who used the program had no problems getting their crops picked.

If all illegals were removed from the country, Americans would take their places. Any business that hires illegals or caters to them is a diseased business that needs to die.
Yes, it would be no problem. So many of these jobs can be done on a part-time basis. Many Americans in order to make ends meet work 2 jobs, my neighbor had 3 jobs to pay off hospital bills, Medicaid didn't pay theirs, too many illegal aliens suck down those funds.

Quote:
They offer the skill of being willing to work their butts off in our dirty low wage/low education jobs. This is totally undervalued in my opinion. I personally have no interest in washing dishes, cleaning hotel rooms, picking crops, cleaning toilets, roofing houses, etc. I'm thankful for immigrants filling most of those positions.
They shouldn't be working at all. They do not have the right to work in the USA. I have worked my butt off on similar jobs with an education because that was the jobs that were available although I have not worked with illegal aliens, I worked for employers that did hire legal immigrants though.

I don't understand why you for thankful for immigrants filling the positions when at the same time, you are complaining about no pathway to citizenship. I thought you were outside the US and wanting to immigrate into the country. Are you perhaps an employer of illegal aliens, thus your support and thankfulness? One that exploits rather than sympathizes? Yeah, you just discounted your entire argument. When "push comes to shove" I am sure Americans will be able to clean their own toilets and wash their own dishes!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...you consider illegals to be just about slave labor that can be easily exploited?

Illegals have no skills. All those jobs you mentioned are unskilled labor except for roofing houses. Americans want those roofing jobs. However, honest contractors in the construction fields can't compete with sleazy contractors who hire illegals and pay them under the table.

All those unskilled jobs you mention are honest work. In my younger days, I did my share of minimum wage jobs.
In everywhere but the wealthy areas of the east and west coast, people do those jobs, citizens. If we tighten welfare, more will be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho many Black Americans don't have a problem doing that kind of work either.
Neither do people in most areas of the country. It is called having a good work ethic and taking personal responsibility. When you love an area of the country and/or want to stay close to family/friends, you do the jobs that are available.

Quote:
Of them apply to who? You? I just don't understand where you coming from. Anyone that hires illegal aliens who have no right to work in the US should go to jail when they start the workplace raids again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Freebies! They can afford to work for less because the taxpayers pay to birth and raise their kids. Nothing "entitles" them to anything here, they are basically thieves!

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 03-21-2017 at 07:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration