Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 09:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,938,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Look, they are not going back so get used to it, period.
Most illegal aliens are now running scared. After a while, MOST will leave the US cause it'll really tear up their insides looking over their shoulders. Obama ain't POTUS in 2017, Trump is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 09:44 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,010,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Most illegal aliens are now running scared. After a while, MOST will leave the US cause it'll really tear up their insides looking over their shoulders. Obama ain't POTUS in 2017, Trump is.
Keep dreaming, most will stay and be allowed to become legal pending the outcome of a background check. I care zero about Obama or Trump.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:56 PM

22,519 posts, read 12,072,114 times
Quote:
Look, they are not going back so get used to it, period.
A lot of them have gone back already---either on their own or via deportation. Get used to it.

How many illegals have you moved into your home and given sanctuary from deportation? Do tell.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,938,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
A lot of them have gone back already---either on their own or via deportation. Get used to it.

How many illegals have you moved into your home and given sanctuary from deportation? Do tell.
Agreed.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:09 AM

26,044 posts, read 22,236,237 times
I still say many will go with amnesty off the table. Amnesty would have opened the door to public assistance for everyone of them. Jobs are becoming hard for them to find now, and the atmosphere here is that taking them on at this point will be a mistake for an employer now that immigration law will be enforced again. In the mid-90s, my son was going to college here and said they hit the meat plant every week.

Any company busted now for having illegal alien employees will get enough bad press to harm them as it has become extremely evident that people want the law enforced and illegals deported despite what the polls say, the same ones that said Hillary would be POTUS.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:11 AM

15,446 posts, read 25,881,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
If you read back through this thread I've explained this in-depth.
You never went in to any depth.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:36 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,776,629 times
Quote:
Keep dreaming, most will stay and be allowed to become legal pending the outcome of a background check. I care zero about Obama or Trump.
Most will stay in hopes of a Democrat taking back the White House allowing Wall Street to be in charge again. They like that cheap labor that the rest of us have to subsidize.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:40 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,899,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They already do have a legal pathway to citizenship... Go back home and immigrate legally.
this is more in trying to save the Illegles here in the US from Deportation. Trump has set the tone on US Policy and the Open Borders People are applying pressure to stop enforcement.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:53 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,010,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Most will stay in hopes of a Democrat taking back the White House allowing Wall Street to be in charge again. They like that cheap labor that the rest of us have to subsidize.
A good number of Republicans in Congress are for comprehensive immigration reform. I bet if it were put up for a simple up or down vote, it would pass. I don't care for politics, I just want illegals to have the opportunity that I and many Americans have.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:16 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,295,744 times
Quote:
A good number of Republicans in Congress are for comprehensive immigration reform. I bet if it were put up for a simple up or down vote, it would pass. I don't care for politics, I just want illegals to have the opportunity that I and many Americans have.
They have the opportunity, nobody is stopping them from applying. They can apply and legally emigrate like every other legal resident and citizen has. There is no black magic behind it. No need to reform anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration