Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,411,965 times

Advertisements

Let's go down the list of possible immigrant visas then shall we?

Refugee visa - this won't apply to the vast majority of the 11 million because those who qualify would have already applied.

Fiance visa - this won't apply to the vast majority of the 11 million because those who qualify would have already applied.

Family-based visa - this won't apply to the vast majority of the 11 million because those who qualify would have already applied.

Diversity visas - depending on the country you might have a better chance at winning the lottery. A few examples from 2015:
Ethiopia 845,474 applied, 4988 visas granted
Ghana 1,729,979 applied, 3381 visas granted
Uzbekistan 1,387,420 applied, 4,368 visas granted
Ukraine 1,274,758 applied, 4,679 visas granted

If you were from the following countries you were completely SOL because no visas are offered: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born, excluding Hong Kong S.A.R., Macau S.A.R., and Taiwan), Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam

Employment visa: this is only granted for a few very specialized jobs like engineers, doctors, etc. I would go out on a limb and say that nearly none of the 11 million would meet the criteria for one of these.

So.....again I ask the question - where are these immigrant visas you speak of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 07:29 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,295,744 times
https://www.usa.gov/green-cards

It's right there. Go ahead and apply. Thats how my parents did it, that's how they did it for me. We're now proud U.S. citizens.

Why is it our problem that 11 million won't meet the criteria?

Old 03-20-2017, 07:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,938,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Let's go down the list of possible immigrant visas then shall we?

Refugee visa - this won't apply to the vast majority of the 11 million because those who qualify would have already applied.

Fiance visa - this won't apply to the vast majority of the 11 million because those who qualify would have already applied.

Family-based visa - this won't apply to the vast majority of the 11 million because those who qualify would have already applied.

Diversity visas - depending on the country you might have a better chance at winning the lottery. A few examples from 2015:
Ethiopia 845,474 applied, 4988 visas granted
Ghana 1,729,979 applied, 3381 visas granted
Uzbekistan 1,387,420 applied, 4,368 visas granted
Ukraine 1,274,758 applied, 4,679 visas granted

If you were from the following countries you were completely SOL because no visas are offered: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born, excluding Hong Kong S.A.R., Macau S.A.R., and Taiwan), Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam

Employment visa: this is only granted for a few very specialized jobs like engineers, doctors, etc. I would go out on a limb and say that nearly none of the 11 million would meet the criteria for one of these.

So.....again I ask the question - where are these immigrant visas you speak of?
I don't see the problem. Hell; it's def time to cut down on legal immigration IMHO.

Come to the US; follow our rules. Break those rules, be arrested, held then deported.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 PM

Yes when it comes down to it the issue with most of you on this board isn't with legality, it is that you're anti-immigrant in the first place...as long as you're willing to admit it.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Yes when it comes down to it the issue with most of you on this board isn't with legality, it is that you're anti-immigrant in the first place...as long as you're willing to admit it.
Nothing wrong with cutting down immigration; it's def time to do that. If talking illegal aliens; they all need to go back home and take their under 18 YO kids with them.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Nothing wrong with cutting down immigration; it's def time to do that. If talking illegal aliens; they all need to go back home and take their under 18 YO kids with them.
If that happened you do realize the country would have a massive labor shortage in our fields, restaurants, custodial services, meatpacking plants, and in construction....this point cannot be argued.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
If that happened you do realize the country would have a massive labor shortage in our fields, restaurants, custodial services, meatpacking plants, and in construction....this point cannot be argued.
I'm willing to try it out. There will be some impact but I really doubt the sky will fall like the bleeding hearts make out to be. The market will correct itself.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I'm willing to try it out. There will be some impact but I really doubt the sky will fall like the bleeding hearts make out to be. The market will correct itself.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Nothing bad about wages going UP for Americans and legal aliens. I don't believe in slavery even tho many illegal alien fans DO.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:28 PM

Are you making a toast to me or calling me the butcher? Why are you so interested in keeping illegals here?

By the way, 11 million people will not be apprehended and deported instantly. The reality, unfortunately, is that they won't be able to get most of them and it will take a long time to make a significant impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration