Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 07:35 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Fairus.org, yes I have been to that web site too; they talk about reducing the 1 million allowed in and I do wonder, why is that? I have a summation, but I will keep it to myself.

I can understand you not, 'wasting time' rereading your talking points discussed in the analysis of the article that I provided. I mean, why should you?

I know that by kicking people out of the u.s. is not going to reduce the u.s. debt, nor is it going to take care of our veterans or our homeless and our mentally ill. Kicking people out or preventing entry does nothing to solve the problems the u.s. government has created to begin with.

I know that the only people the u.s. will even consider allowing in, from now forward, are those that have money. Only the rich (are) will be allowed to live freely in the u.s and that is not the America I once knew, but sadly it is the country that has come to be, where homelessness is a crime in parts of these united states.

So when I see these people fighting, struggling to get here, I think what if they were me, because one day, it very well may be ... me, or someone like me, as the tide is turning, to a u.s the founders wouldn't even recognize.

If the European settlers had been met by the indigenous people of this continent with, 'we have laws', who were fighting, struggling to get here ... then today perhaps we'd be having a whole other type of conversation. But they weren't and so now we are here, talking about the legality of something people have been doing, for millions of years and I have to wonder ... why is that?

So when you talk about using up resources, my first thought is to the native Americans (their way of life and food) and the buffalo. Part of me wants to say, turn about is fair play ... but I know it's more than that. I know it is evolution and people are doing what they have been doing for millions of years. Moving from one location to the next all with the same dreams, hopes and aspirations that make them who they are and I for one will not do the government's political bidding and throw poor people under the bus.

Evil prevails when? Good people do nothing.
Oh, please! Maybe a tiny, tiny fraction of those who are in that caravan qualify for asylum. The rest of them want to come here for the freebies.

They're "fighting and struggling to get here". So what? If they really wanted asylum, they should ask Mexico. Mexico has been willing to give asylum. We all know why they don't ask Mexico. They want to come to the US for all the freebies and the chance to drop an anchor baby. In other words, these people have nothing to offer the US. They will take far, far more than they give.

Let them stay home and fix their own countries. As I pointed out to you, Americans work to fix problems here. Most don't cut and run.

You seem to think that this country has an unlimited amount of money. We don't. Instead, we're deeply in debt. We can't even take care of our own suffering Americans---and you want to import poverty

We can't take in the entire third world without descending into third world status ourselves. I've asked you this question a few times already but, for some reason, you refuse to answer. So, again...

I want better than a third world country for my descendants. Why don't you want that for your descendants?

Yes, by removing millions of illegals, our country will save billions of dollars. How can you not see this?

I have the perfect solution for you, personally --- Move to one of the banana republics. Take your pick ---Honduras, Guatemala or El Salvador. Once at the country of your choosing, devote all your time and money to improve conditions for the functionally illiterate peasants. After all, your heart bleeds for them more than it bleeds for the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens.

BTW, every single country in the world has immigration laws and expects those who want to immigrate there to do so in accordance with their laws. There is nothing "evil" about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 08:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Here's some new info on the caravan:

Quote:
Fixated on the migrant caravan moving north through Mexico, President Trump is weighing a plan to shut the U.S. border to Central Americans and deny them the opportunity to seek asylum, asserting similar emergency powers used during the early 2017 “travel ban,” according to administration officials and people familiar with the proposal. Under U.S. law, foreign nationals fleeing persecution have the right to apply for asylum once they reach American soil, but the executive order under consideration would suspend that provision and bar Central Americans as a matter of national security, according to those familiar with the proposal. Such a move would likely trigger immediate challenges in U.S. courts.

The migrant caravan remains more than 900 miles from U.S. territory and has dwindled to about 3,000 people, according to the latest estimates from Mexican authorities. But the scenes of young men breaking through gates along the Guatemala-Mexico border earlier this week have alarmed the White House, and Trump continues to depict the Central American migrants as a criminal menace and a security threat. Impoverished families, many of whom are traveling with children and surviving on handouts, comprise the bulk of those advancing slowly through southern Mexico.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ational&wpmk=1

Old 10-25-2018, 08:43 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Here's some new info on the caravan:
Quote:
Impoverished families, many of whom are traveling with children and surviving on handouts, comprise the bulk of those advancing slowly through southern Mexico.
And yet, in the pictures I've seen, it looks like the vast majority of the people in the caravan are young men. Or are we to believe that they're the ones who've broken off and gone home, leaving no one but the desperately impoverished families still plodding forward?

Old 10-25-2018, 08:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And yet, in the pictures I've seen, it looks like the vast majority of the people in the caravan are young men. Or are we to believe that they're the ones who've broken off and gone home, leaving no one but the desperately impoverished families still plodding forward?
I have no interest in arguing with you, I posted a quote from an article that I thought some people might find interesting

Old 10-25-2018, 08:49 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I have no interest in arguing with you, I posted a quote from an article that I thought some people might find interesting
Fair enough, I won't argue with you. But I'll argue with the article that you posted. I think it's inaccurate at best, intentionally deceitful at worst.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:50 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, please! Maybe a tiny, tiny fraction of those who are in that caravan qualify for asylum. The rest of them want to come here for the freebies.

They're "fighting and struggling to get here". So what? If they really wanted asylum, they should ask Mexico. Mexico has been willing to give asylum. We all know why they don't ask Mexico. They want to come to the US for all the freebies and the chance to drop an anchor baby. In other words, these people have nothing to offer the US. They will take far, far more than they give.

Let them stay home and fix their own countries. As I pointed out to you, Americans work to fix problems here. Most don't cut and run.

You seem to think that this country has an unlimited amount of money. We don't. Instead, we're deeply in debt. We can't even take care of our own suffering Americans---and you want to import poverty

We can't take in the entire third world without descending into third world status ourselves. I've asked you this question a few times already but, for some reason, you refuse to answer. So, again...

I want better than a third world country for my descendants. Why don't you want that for your descendants?

Yes, by removing millions of illegals, our country will save billions of dollars. How can you not see this?

I have the perfect solution for you, personally --- Move to one of the banana republics. Take your pick ---Honduras, Guatemala or El Salvador. Once at the country of your choosing, devote all your time and money to improve conditions for the functionally illiterate peasants. After all, your heart bleeds for them more than it bleeds for the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens.

BTW, every single country in the world has immigration laws and expects those who want to immigrate there to do so in accordance with their laws. There is nothing "evil" about that.
Quote:
I do, but you and I have two different ideas on how to get that done and what it looks like when finished. I didn't answer it, because my answer would not make a difference to you.
Quote:
Yes, by removing millions of illegals, our country will save billions of dollars
I see that statement as an oxymoron. Do you believe that by standing on the side of government political rhetoric that they will reward you by taking less FICA out of your paycheck? You must or you wouldn't make that statement. The largest employer in the u.s. is the u.s. government; they employ the majority of the people living in the u.s. and your tax dollars pay their salary and no, there isn't a hiring freeze. They produce nothing that would contribute to the GDP. However, even reducing the size of the u.s. government payroll won't save billions of dollars, because the government would just create another crisis so as to have a narrative to feed the people to why their taxes keep increasing year after year.
Quote:
BTW, every single country in the world has immigration laws and expects those who want to immigrate there to do so in accordance with their laws.
Yes, and their governments use the same fear mongering arguments for the same reasons.

People are human beings before they are of God or country ... ask some one who lived through the Nazi Germany era, if they think it is a good idea (to be brainwashed) to believe in country rather than human beings. I'm thinking many of them would says, not so much --- because government lies.
Quote:
There is nothing "evil" about that.
Donald Trump's immigration policies are cruel. That's the whole point
"So when you hear horrifying stories from the border of families being ripped apart, understand that the administration is perfectly happy for those stories to be told. They have no compassion for the human beings involved, and they want others who might consider coming to the United States to know how heartlessly they'll be treated. It's the whole point."
________
There is something evil when governments treat human beings as if they haven't any value, beyond that of monetary gain. We could be like ISIS and control our population through an endless civil war or Honduras and let the cartel control them by killing and stealing their money ... but no, this is the u.s., home of the Constitutional Republic, which will accomplish the same thing, but though 'laws' and manipulating the citizens into believing in the laws, rather than believing in people.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:06 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I do, but you and I have two different ideas on how to get that done and what it looks like when finished. I didn't answer it, because my answer would not make a difference to you.
I see that statement as an oxymoron. Do you believe that by standing on the side of government political rhetoric that they will reward you by taking less FICA out of your paycheck? You must or you wouldn't make that statement. The largest employer in the u.s. is the u.s. government; they employ the majority of the people living in the u.s. and your tax dollars pay their salary and no, there isn't a hiring freeze. They produce nothing that would contribute to the GDP. However, even reducing the size of the u.s. government payroll won't save billions of dollars, because the government would just create another crisis so as to have a narrative to feed the people to why their taxes keep increasing year after year.
Yes, and their governments use the same fear mongering arguments for the same reasons.

People are human beings before they are of God or country ... ask some one who lived through the Nazi Germany era, if they think it is a good idea (to be brainwashed) to believe in country rather than human beings. I'm thinking many of them would says, not so much --- because government lies.
Donald Trump's immigration policies are cruel. That's the whole point
"So when you hear horrifying stories from the border of families being ripped apart, understand that the administration is perfectly happy for those stories to be told. They have no compassion for the human beings involved, and they want others who might consider coming to the United States to know how heartlessly they'll be treated. It's the whole point."
________
There is something evil when governments treat human beings as if they haven't any value, beyond that of monetary gain. We could be like ISIS and control our population through an endless civil war or Honduras and let the cartel control them by killing and stealing their money ... but no, this is the u.s., home of the Constitutional Republic, which will accomplish the same thing, but though 'laws' and manipulating the citizens into believing in the laws, rather than believing in people.
Per the bolded----What a ridiculous comment for you to make I don't think any such thing. What will happen with illegals gone is that money that was spent on them will be spent on things like helping our own needy and repairing our aging infrastructure. What a bizarre belief you have---no one is going to take less out of anyone's paycheck

Why is it that you want to take in the entire third world? We can't do that. If any of these illegals are "ripped apart" from their families, it's on them. It's not our fault that this is happening. What decent parent would put their kids through all this and expose them to such risk? BTW, separating kids from parents also happened when Obama was president. So, therefore, Obama's "immigration policies" were cruel.

Your heart bleeds for these people, then pick a banana republic country, pack your bags and move there. Devote all your time and money taking care of their peasants who are functionally illiterate.

Put your money where your mouth is

I have nothing more to say to you as it is clear that you have no compassion for suffering American citizens as you put illegal aliens ahead of American citizens. Buh-bye. Hope you enjoy the work you will do in whatever banana republic you choose to make your new home.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:29 AM

1,059 posts, read 831,186 times
As stated by another poster, if any of the caravan members really wanted asylum, they would be applying for same in Mexico.

Why don't the pro- "undocumented immigrant" fanatics explain what we are supposed to do with our own suffering millions? They sure are silent when it comes to our fellow citizens. Where is THEIR compassion? Instead, the fanatics are quick to jump down the throats of those who believe we should follow the immigration laws on the books. Further, we are accused of "hating brown people," meting out inhumane treatment, keeping children in cages, tearing babies out of the arms of their loving mothers, etc. I do not get it.

To compare the present US to the US in 1820 is ridiculous. Our population then was 9,638,000; it's now 329,000,000. And the land mass and natural resources have stayed static. Quite a difference.

The facts are Canada's population is 36,900,000 spread out across the same land size as the US. California's population is 39,000,000... and growing with its unsecured porous southern border. Just what we need.

Last edited by Annie1004; 10-26-2018 at 02:00 AM..

Old 10-26-2018, 02:41 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually the illegal alien population of CA has been declining since 2007.

That would also suggest CA has unused school capacity so that can handle new arrivals.
WRONG !!! The illegals already here are STILL pumping out more Anchor babies so you are dead wrong on school capacity AND ESL classes.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:50 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,477,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
WRONG !!! The illegals already here are STILL pumping out more Anchor babies so you are dead wrong on school capacity AND ESL classes.
Exactly, antarez. It wouldn't matter anyway. Having the room to take them in has nothing to do with whether or not we should. This bunch is a force against us, using their numbers to violate everything we stand for.

Nobody pushes American backs against the wall. We especially aren't going to let that invasive caravan violate our laws and borders... just because we have the classroom space. What idiotic thinking, right?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration