Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 05:25 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times

Advertisements

Thank you, Chuck and Nancy, for doing everything you can to allow an endless, cheap supply of labor for my business. Without that supply and your support, I would have to pay my workers American wages, which would mean less for me and my private consumption.

By not having to contribute to Social Security, Medicare and unemployment funds as well as not having to follow OSHA and environmental regulations, I save a ton of money! I know where my vote is going on Tuesday - the same place my donations have gone! Go, Democrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 06:35 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
What if this caravan was thousands of Russians. White, conservative, Orthodox Christians, fire arm loving, traditional marriage, anti LGBTQ, conservatives. Would liberals still welcome them with open arms?
What if they were Canadian ... ?

Old 11-05-2018, 08:12 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Thank you, Chuck and Nancy, for doing everything you can to allow an endless, cheap supply of labor for my business. Without that supply and your support, I would have to pay my workers American wages, which would mean less for me and my private consumption.

By not having to contribute to Social Security, Medicare and unemployment funds as well as not having to follow OSHA and environmental regulations, I save a ton of money! I know where my vote is going on Tuesday - the same place my donations have gone! Go, Democrats!
You should do some research before you start trying to nail the immigration issue on "Chuck and Nancy". Neither party has done anything to stop illegal immigration for the past 50 years and "Chuck and Nancy" as leaders of the minority party have very little influence on policy or legislation. Republicans refused to vote on a bill for mandatory e-verify in 2006, and Reagan granted citizenship to 3 million illegals so you might want to consider that before you try to blame democrats for this mess.

And just to clarify...most illegals do not work under the table, they pay taxes on their wages, they just can't get benefits from the programs they pay into.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
What if this caravan was thousands of Russians. White, conservative, Orthodox Christians, fire arm loving, traditional marriage, anti LGBTQ, conservatives. Would liberals still welcome them with open arms?
Where are all the liberals welcoming immigrants with open arms???

Old 11-05-2018, 02:29 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
In the judge's chambers, when not actually ruling.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:49 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:

And there's plenty more where those came from.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

And there's plenty more where those came from.
Signage outside Churches proves that liberals are welcoming immigrants? I had no idea that all Christians were liberals. Oh yeah and the dramatic picture with the guys in the stadium stands - that was taken in Germany

Old 11-08-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Signage outside Churches proves that liberals are welcoming immigrants? I had no idea that all Christians were liberals. Oh yeah and the dramatic picture with the guys in the stadium stands - that was taken in Germany
You asked where the liberals were who are welcoming immigrants. In response, I posted several pictures of signs that welcome immigrants and refugees. (Unless signs have developed the capability of producing themselves, I'm going on the assumption that they were made by people.) You didn't specify American liberals, so I felt no need to restrict myself to the United States.

As for the sign by the church, all it proves is that this particular church welcomes immigrants and refugees. Some churches are liberal. Some aren't. Some Christians are liberal. Some aren't.

There are plenty of liberals welcoming immigrants and refugees, and a simple Google search will show you lots of pictures similar to what I posted. Why do you find it so hard to accept this?

Old 11-08-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You asked where the liberals were who are welcoming immigrants. In response, I posted several pictures of signs that welcome immigrants and refugees. (Unless signs have developed the capability of producing themselves, I'm going on the assumption that they were made by people.) You didn't specify American liberals, so I felt no need to restrict myself to the United States.

As for the sign by the church, all it proves is that this particular church welcomes immigrants and refugees. Some churches are liberal. Some aren't. Some Christians are liberal. Some aren't.

There are plenty of liberals welcoming immigrants and refugees, and a simple Google search will show you lots of pictures similar to what I posted. Why do you find it so hard to accept this?
Yes there are people who want immigrants treated fairly and not all of them are liberal, nor are they advocating for illegal immigration. The Catholic Church has been providing assistance to immigrants and refugees in the US for over 100 years, but 76% of white catholics identify as being Republican.

Life is complex, you can't reduce every issue to conservative vs liberal.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Life is complex, you can't reduce every issue to conservative vs liberal.

True enough. But I'm willing to bet that at least 99% of those "immigrants and refugees welcome" signs were posted by virtue-signalling liberals. Conservatives who want to help immigrants and refugees don't post signs touting their goodness; they just find a way to help, quietly and out of the spotlight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration