Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 04:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,477,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How about this, you show up at the border and fight off the hordes of invaders and live blog it for us?

I may just do that. I'll be standing with some fine, brave patriots while you sit home and type away at your keyboard. I won't permit hordes of invaders hurt you, so don't be scared, little one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 04:17 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
In California, our housing and cost of living is the highest in the country. We also do not have enough land, water and other resources. On top of that, we have the highest homelessness population in the US. So... are we supposed to ignore American and California citizens to allow other countries' poor and illiterate into the country on the taxpayers' backs? Tell that to the 14 million US children living in poverty through no fault of their own, not to mention the children living in foster care.

I don't get it, and have never heard a viable argument in support of importing illegal aliens.

I know what you're saying as I live in Calif. also. I see all the homeless where I live also. We need to take care of our own citizens. Other countries need to take care of theirs. They aren't our responsibility. I don't know why any of our citizens would support illegal immigration either. They either profit from them, have ethnic ties to them or are bleeding hearts that deal in emotion rather than common sense. This didn't use to be the case many years ago. Americans were more patriotic and respectful of our laws.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:23 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I may just do that. I'll be standing with some fine, brave patriots while you sit home and type away at your keyboard. I won't permit hordes of invaders hurt you, so don't be scared, little one.

It would send a message to our politicians that we citizens are not going to tolerate this anymore. I hope hundreds and even thousands turn out so that they get the message. It would be a great display of patriotism. I just hope that it doesn't turn violent.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:02 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Like the men have always done in the u.s.?
Conscription
"Conscription is the mandatory enlistment in a country’s armed forces, and is sometimes referred to as “the draft.”"
Did anyone mention the military?

Old 10-25-2018, 05:04 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Are you serious? Do you think the feds are going to allow a bunch of yahoos to occupy the border and 'fight off' these people
Maybe not in lala land.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:19 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Politicians quickly discovered the political advantages to be gained by demonizing Latino immigrants and illegal migration.

The media discovered that the trope of a border under siege made for dramatic copy and good visuals and happily played handmaiden to aspiring politicians and bureaucrats." my bold for emphasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I considered reading your link but after you posted some excerpts, I have to thank you from keeping me from wasting my time. The excerpts show that this is very biased and pro-illegal immigration.

No one is "demonizing Latino immigrants". However, illegal immigrants, no mater where in the world they come from, deserve to be "demonized". None of these people have any business being here and all of them need to leave. Just as if you were in another country illegally, the citizens would be demonizing you and demanding that you leave.

We do need a moratorium on legal immigration. For decades, we have been allowing 1 million legal immigrants in on an annual basis. While I applaud those who come here legally and patiently wait their turn to come, 1 million immigrants coming here on an annual basis is not sustainable. We don't have unlimited potable water and buildable land. Not to mention, that the US is deeply in debt. We aren't even taking proper care of our veterans and not enough help is available for the homeless and mentally ill. We have no business adding more people when we can't take care of our own needy. As for illegals, why are we importing poverty? It makes no sense.
Fairus.org, yes I have been to that web site too; they talk about reducing the 1 million allowed in and I do wonder, why is that? I have a summation, but I will keep it to myself.

I can understand you not, 'wasting time' rereading your talking points discussed in the analysis of the article that I provided. I mean, why should you?

I know that by kicking people out of the u.s. is not going to reduce the u.s. debt, nor is it going to take care of our veterans or our homeless and our mentally ill. Kicking people out or preventing entry does nothing to solve the problems the u.s. government has created to begin with.

I know that the only people the u.s. will even consider allowing in, from now forward, are those that have money. Only the rich (are) will be allowed to live freely in the u.s and that is not the America I once knew, but sadly it is the country that has come to be, where homelessness is a crime in parts of these united states.

So when I see these people fighting, struggling to get here, I think what if they were me, because one day, it very well may be ... me, or someone like me, as the tide is turning, to a u.s the founders wouldn't even recognize.

If the European settlers had been met by the indigenous people of this continent with, 'we have laws', who were fighting, struggling to get here ... then today perhaps we'd be having a whole other type of conversation. But they weren't and so now we are here, talking about the legality of something people have been doing, for millions of years and I have to wonder ... why is that?

So when you talk about using up resources, my first thought is to the native Americans (their way of life and food) and the buffalo. Part of me wants to say, turn about is fair play ... but I know it's more than that. I know it is evolution and people are doing what they have been doing for millions of years. Moving from one location to the next all with the same dreams, hopes and aspirations that make them who they are and I for one will not do the government's political bidding and throw poor people under the bus.

Evil prevails when? Good people do nothing.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Or better yet, these mostly young men should grow a pair and stay and fix their own country.
Quote:
Like the men have always done in the u.s.?
Conscription
"Conscription is the mandatory enlistment in a country’s armed forces, and is sometimes referred to as “the draft.”"
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Did anyone mention the military?
I used its history to make a point; apparently it went swoop up over the head.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
How about this, you show up at the border and fight off the hordes of invaders and live blog it for us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Please don't ...

Old 10-25-2018, 05:36 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
Quote:
Please quit trying to twist my words into something that fits your narrative. Laws are what they are, they are what we go by until and unless they are changed. You are irritated because I refuse to play this childish game of pretending that we can resort to all sorts of extrajudicial actions to deal with illegal immigration when they are clearly unlawful and/or unconstitutional.
There's nothing unlawful done. You always refuse to answer my questions. What does the law say about handling someone who is not an asylum seeker and has entered illegally? How are they handled, the actual law, not a policy.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:00 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
There's nothing unlawful done. You always refuse to answer my questions. What does the law say about handling someone who is not an asylum seeker and has entered illegally? How are they handled, the actual law, not a policy.
How are they handled, what the heck does that even mean? Let's get one thing straight I am not here to do your research for you, if you are interested in a particular law look it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration