Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
These are not isolated incidents; and most of the negative behavior of illegal aliens is squelched by the MSM. After all, they certainly can’t portray them as being the innocent victims of the mean-spirited Americans while they are giving us the middle finger while stomping on our flag. I have encountered enough illegals to know firsthand that they are arrogant, delusional, ingrate, and have a pathological sense of entitlement.
Add me to the list that has experienced my share and several other Americans share of the same. The fact of the matter is their arrogant demands and delusional sense of entitlement coupled with the demands and expectations of the ethnocentric racist groups has set the tone for what inevitably has become an intense antipathy for all things illegal alien in this country. I also have no doubt that said antipathy will eventually result in violence throughout this country. What illegal aliens and their supporters don't understand is that Americans are only kind and tolerant to a point. Millions of Americans are jobless, losing their homes and angry with regards to the abuse of our social services. Add to that (fake or not) the hint of a pending discussion proposing amnesty and wide open borders coupled with illegal alien transmission of the swine flu. All of the aforementioned has resulted in a tensed and extremely volatile pot of Americans. Said anger and frustration has just about reached its' maximum boiling point.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-03-2009 at 02:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 02:57 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,139,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post
The inaccurate depiction is that those are the only pictures that are shown. They prefer to show angry faces doing angry things, when the majority are not like that.
Like I said, that is like focusing on Neo-Nazi elements that appear at the anti-illegal immigrant rallies.

With that said, that picture of a person stomping on an American flag is no more accurate than the several images of people smiling and marching peacefully that are out there.

Maybe some of you should do "undercover" research to see what these marches are really like besides relying on sensationalist media and photos from anti-illegal immigrant sites that like to instill fear.
Im not trying to rain on your parade ,but, isn't this just the standard " straw man" argument ? Undercover research probably would just reinforce every bad image we already have. Any picture is accurate , but, all of the content depends on who is taking the picture, Right?

Old 05-03-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Im not trying to rain on your parade ,but, isn't this just the standard " straw man" argument ? Undercover research probably would just reinforce every bad image we already have. Any picture is accurate , but, all of the content depends on who is taking the picture, Right?
Excellent points. Speaking of points rep points, coming your way

Old 05-03-2009, 03:25 PM

471 posts, read 587,672 times
Quote:
These photos are just to counter the inaccurate depiction of an unruly "third world" mob hissing and burning flags scaring Americans away. It's disturbing that you are all feeling defensive and attacked. They're just pictures.

While bad elements make their way into these marches inevitably, to focus solely on them is like focusing on the Neo-Nazi elements that attach themselves to anti-illegal immigrant rallies.

With that said, the events in Los Angeles and Phoenix were very pleasant events. For many, it was a family affair.

I was glad to see that both events were extremely peaceful, with lots of people smiling as they joined together. For the most part, I felt the mood was very positive.
You are obviously delusional.

I hate to be a broken record, but the facts are the Facts!!!!

1.) Just as California State University professor Edward J. Erler said while reflecting on Aristotle, "A radical change in the character of the citizens would be tantamount to a regime change just as surely as a revolution in its political principals." I take from this that it is the DUTY of the government control immigration from other countries. To fix that REINSTATE NATION QUOTAS FOR IMMIGRATION. Start giving people will specialized skills and abilities preference over low skilled under educated people who drag our country down. End Chain Migration, Jose's ninth grade educated brother should not have preference over a German doctor simply because Jose is a permanent resident alien.
That Leads us to the next point.

2.) The total immigrant population in 2007 was 38 million, account for 1 in 8 US residents. Over all 1 in 3 immigrants is an Illegal. HALF of Mexican and Central American immigrants and 1/3 of South American immigrants are illegal! 31% of immigrants have no high school diploma as opposed to 8% for natives. One in EVERY three immigrants are using a major welfare system. 71% of the increase in the UNINSURED we hear about so much can be accredited to immigrants and the children since 1989. these immigrants also take from the government at a 3 to 1 rate.(they get 3$ from the government for every 1$ they pay) Then again, with the welfare state growing out of control(for the last 80 years), plus the lax immigration policies, we have made ourselves into a haven for immigrants. Milton Friedman even said, “It’s just obvious you can’t have free immigration and a welfare state.”

Professor Borjas has said, “Being without work [in the United States] is still far better for most people than being employed in Central America.”

3.) Now onto what do do with these people. Let them assimilate? Become like "us?" Hardly, they have no desire.
As was stated by Dr. Samuel P. Huntington, "persistent inflow of Hispanic immigration threatens to divide the United States into 2 peoples, 2 cultures, and 2 languages...The United Stated ignores this challenge at its own peril." also stating, "Mexican immigration differs from past immigration and most other contemporary immigration due to a combination of 6 factors: contiguity, scale, illegality, regional concentration[in the south west], persistence, and historical presence." He also went on to say,"Demographically, socially, and culturally, the reconquista of the Southwest United State by Mexican immigrants is well underway."
As I have stated before in another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post

Factor this in; according to a 2002 Zogby International survey, 58% of Mexicans agreed with this statement, “The territory of the United States’ southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico.” YIKES…

Also isn’t this fun, Juan Hernandez, who was both John McCain’s and former MEXICAN PRESIDENT Vicente Fox’s Hispanic out reach director, had this to say in regards to Mexican Americans, “I want the 3rd generation, 7th generation, I want them all to think ‘Mexico first.’” another Holy Hell YIKES….

4.)The DREAM Act... what the hell. Designed to allow illegal aliens to attend college at a reduced tuition rate normally reserved for in-state residents.
^^^^^^Is it a sick sick joke? No it isn't.
again I give credit for this info to Mark Levin for making it easy to find and research.

Now.. Elmuchingon, why in gods name would Americans will half of the above knowledge want your people coming here? Why? What do you have to offer? What DON'T you take? Also isn't this fun, minorities and legal immigrants are the MAIN competition for illegals. What does this do? It drives down wages and sucks up jobs, yet minorities and legal immigrant are the one the most sympathetic to the cause! Idiots!!!

Oh and lets not forget, "Mexican adolescents are imprisoned at rates approximately 80 percent greater than immigrant adolescents generally."

I think I want a whole damn family of them right next door to me!!!

Last edited by bambam0084; 05-03-2009 at 03:37 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
You are obviously delusional.

I hate to be a broken record, but the facts are the Facts!!!!

1.) Just as California State University professor Edward J. Erler said while reflecting on Aristotle, "A radical change in the character of the citizens would be tantamount to a regime change just as surely as a revolution in its political principals." I take from this that it is the DUTY of the government control immigration from other countries. To fix that REINSTATE NATION QUOTAS FOR IMMIGRATION. Start giving people will specialized skills and abilities preference over low skilled under educated people who drag our country down. End Chain Migration, Jose's ninth grade educated brother should not have preference over a German doctor simply because Jose is a permanent resident alien.
That Leads us to the next point.

2.) The total immigrant population in 2007 was 38 million, account for 1 in 8 US residents. Over all 1 in 3 immigrants is an Illegal. HALF of Mexican and Central American immigrants and 1/3 of South American immigrants are illegal! 31% of immigrants have no high school diploma as opposed to 8% for natives. One in EVERY three immigrants are using a major welfare system. 71% of the increase in the UNINSURED we hear about so much can be accredited to immigrants and the children since 1989. these immigrants also take from the government at a 3 to 1 rate.(they get 3$ from the government for every 1$ they pay) Then again, with the welfare state growing out of control(for the last 80 years), plus the lax immigration policies, we have made ourselves into a haven for immigrants. Milton Friedman even said, “It’s just obvious you can’t have free immigration and a welfare state.â€

Professor Borjas has said, “Being without work [in the United States] is still far better for most people than being employed in Central America.â€

3.) Now onto what do do with these people. Let them assimilate? Become like "us?" Hardly, they have no desire.
As was stated by Dr. Samuel P. Huntington, "persistent inflow of Hispanic immigration threatens to divide the United States into 2 peoples, 2 cultures, and 2 languages...The United Stated ignores this challenge at its own peril." also stating, "Mexican immigration differs from past immigration and most other contemporary immigration due to a combination of 6 factors: contiguity, scale, illegality, regional concentration[in the south west], persistence, and historical presence." He also went on to say,"Demographically, socially, and culturally, the reconquista of the Southwest United State by Mexican immigrants is well underway."
As I have stated before in another thread...

4.)The DREAM Act... what the hell. Designed to allow illegal aliens to attend college at a reduced tuition rate normally reserved for in-state residents.
^^^^^^Is it a sick sick joke? No it isn't.
again I give credit for this info to Mark Levin for making it easy to find and research.

Now.. Elmuchingon, why in gods name would Americans will half of the above knowledge want you people coming here? Why? What do you have to offer? What DON'T you take? Also isn't this fun, minorities and legal immigrants are the MAIN competition for illegals. What does this do? It drives down wages and sucks up jobs, yet minorities and legal immigrant are the one the most sympathetic to the cause! Idiots!!!

Oh and lets not forget, "Mexican adolescents are imprisoned at rates approximately 80 percent greater than immigrant adolescents generally."

I think I want a whole damn family of them right next door to me!!!
I always admire a post that is fully loaded and chocked full of factual information. Well stated and I couldn't agree more.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
The inaccurate depiction is that those are the only pictures that are shown. They prefer to show angry faces doing angry things, when the majority are not like that.
Like I said, that is like focusing on Neo-Nazi elements that appear at the anti-illegal immigrant rallies.

With that said, that picture of a person stomping on an American flag is no more accurate than the several images of people smiling and marching peacefully that are out there.

Maybe some of you should do "undercover" research to see what these marches are really like besides relying on sensationalist media and photos from anti-illegal immigrant sites that like to instill fear.
And the Law of Unintended Consequences is fast coming into play: the presence of illegal aliens and their enablers is fast forcing the Black Panthers, Neo-Nazi's, KKK etc. to drop their quarrels and close ranks for mutual protection.

And an FYI: one of the most vicious White supremacists in the George Wallace/Bull Connor era of 45 years ago was a 'Hispanic' named Leander Perez--------of St Bernard Parish, La.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:41 PM

45 posts, read 61,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the Law of Unintended Consequences is fast coming into play: the presence of illegal aliens and their enablers is fast forcing the Black Panthers, Neo-Nazi's, KKK etc. to drop their quarrels and close ranks for mutual protection.

And an FYI: one of the most vicious White supremacists in the George Wallace/Bull Connor era of 45 years ago was a 'Hispanic' named Leander Perez--------of St Bernard Parish, La.
Neo-Nazis/KKK and the Black Panthers have made an alliance? I wasn't aware of that.

Unless I'm wrong, Leander Perez was of Spanish descent, and not by way of Latin America like the "Hispanics" people usually refer to. Not sure if you're making a point at all.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
Neo-Nazis/KKK and the Black Panthers have made an alliance? I wasn't aware of that.

Unless I'm wrong, Leander Perez was of Spanish descent, and not by way of Latin America like the "Hispanics" people usually refer to. Not sure if you're making a point at all.
A 'Hispanic' is anybody of either Spanish, Latin American or sometimes Portuguese lineage----------------irrespective of actual race/ethnicity.

Translation: not all Latinos AKA Mestizos are the descendents of Aztec. etc. women who were likely raped by the Spanish conquistadors hundreds of years ago.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:48 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,854,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
A 'Hispanic' is anybody of either Spanish, Latin American or sometimes Portuguese lineage----------------irrespective of actual race/ethnicity.

Translation: not all Latinos AKA Mestizos are the descendents of Aztec. etc. women who were likely raped by the Spanish conquistadors hundreds of years ago.
Exactly, hence the term 'Latin' (Latin European culture) + American (North & South American continents).

Thus, a Hispanic/Latin American is anyone who was raised in a Latin-descended culture or has Latin heritage.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,288,856 times
Quote:
No need for rude posts. I assumed you would like to see what's really out there in these rallies that are very relevant to the subject of this thread. Thanks.
Sheriff Joe is merely upholding the law.

For some reason, illegal immigrants think that they have the right to demand legal status--and then accuse everybody of racism when that right isn't automatically granted. They bring their children, talk about being "human" (which has nothing to do with anything)--all in an attempt to emotionally blackmail the American people. Have you taken a look at what is required to gain legal status in Mexico?

Please. I, for one, am sick and tired of the illegal immigrant community trying to make Americans feel guilty for having immigration laws. If they can find $20,000 to pay a coyote to come to this country illegally, they can pay the fee to apply for a legal Visa and come to this country with some dignity. Even if they are granted legal status, they will always be seen as having entered through the back door. Not much dignity there.

Furthermore, why aren't they marching in the streets of Mexico for their economic rights? The Mexican government and Mexican taxpayers are responsible for providing jobs, education, and health care to the Mexican people. Not the American government and the American people.

Illegal immigrants think we are a bunch of chumps that they can manipulate through their racist rhetoric, and they are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration