Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,217,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I do not doubt that there were U.S. citizens present. It still doesn’t justify being disrespected by foreign invaders. Not only do they proudly wave the Mexican flag, they dare to stomp on our flag, spit on our flag, display our flag in an inverted position under the Mexican flag, and other acts of insolence. They march in our streets DEMANDING jobs, an end to deportations, the passage of the DREAM Act, and legalization – while exhibiting the most disrespectful and ingrate behavior conceivable. IMO, it takes a hell of lot of gall to illegally reside in a country and receive myriad freebies, yet show such utter contempt.

They claim to want to become citizens of this country, but their actions clearly illustrate they have no desire to become an American, nor are they deserving of legalization. If they can’t even feign respect for this country by showing just a modicum of decency while demanding privileges reserved for citizens; how the heck will they behave if granted amnesty? The more they wave the Mexican flag, the more U.S. citizens join the ranks of the anti-illegal. As a matter of fact, it was the Mexican flag-waving that changed my opinion back in 2006. As the old adage states, “You get more bees with honey than with vinegar.” Obviously, they fail to realize this; and their arrogance has backfired big time.
May 2006 was my 'tipping point' as well-----------likewise seeing those insolent losers flying especially the Mexican flag.

And like the gift that keeps on giving; Karma keeps biting illegal aliens (Hispanic or not) and their enablers (oftentimes 'Wall Street type' Yuppies) in their collective butts. And; the party ain't over............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM

95 posts, read 130,425 times
Quote:
I do not doubt that there were U.S. citizens present. It still doesn’t justify being disrespected by foreign invaders. Not only do they proudly wave the Mexican flag, they dare to stomp on our flag, spit on our flag, display our flag in an inverted position under the Mexican flag, and other acts of insolence. They march in our streets DEMANDING jobs, an end to deportations, the passage of the DREAM Act, and legalization – while exhibiting the most disrespectful and ingrate behavior conceivable. IMO, it takes a hell of lot of gall to illegally reside in a country and receive myriad freebies, yet show such utter contempt.
Again you are labeling everybody because of a few radicals.
And just like you get riled up about this issue, so do U.S. citizens on the other side of the immigration debate. And they too start labeling all anti-illegals as racists and confederate flag waving wackos.
That was my point.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 PM

471 posts, read 588,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elansingghost View Post
And just like you get riled up about this issue, so do U.S. citizens on the other side of the immigration debate. And they too start labeling all anti-illegals as racists and confederate flag waving wackos.
That was my point.

for the fun of it lets polarize every one!

those who are for illegal activity(them), the people at the rallies and those who are against it(me).

or those who are for more welfare recipients(them) and those who aren't(me)...

or those who are for American culture(me) and those who aren't(them).. and so on and so on.....

Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
for the fun of it lets polarize every one!

those who are for illegal activity(them), the people at the rallies and those who are against it(me).

or those who are for more welfare recipients(them) and those who aren't(me)...

or those who are for American culture(me) and those who aren't(them).. and so on and so on.....
Well, A U.S. citizen on the other side of the argument would say that marching for sensible immigration reform, or against Sheriff Joe's practices, is not being for "illegal activity" , "pro-welfare" or "anti-American".
We all have different opinions on how to handle this problem.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,603,261 times
Quote:
That was my point.
And again, you are missing the point. Yes, there are radicals on both sides. However, there is a HUGE difference between U.S. citizens exercising their ‘right’ to march -- be they KKK or your local PTA members; and the absolute temerity of people who have no right to even live in this country, let alone march and DEMAND anything. You act as though legal residents of this country and illegal aliens are equal. They are not.

You don’t realize that most citizens of this country do not respect hate groups such as the Skinheads and the KKK; and we are accustomed to ignoring their ignorance and bigotry. The fact that they may oppose illegal immigration is irrelevant. They have no clout in this country. However, we are not accustomed to seeing foreigners waving THEIR flags while marching in OUR streets. That is the ultimate disrespect, and it is something we can’t and won’t ignore.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,920,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
I have read the same data that you have. But those numbers mislead entirely. That's per 100,000 residents not just there own ethnicity. That is x amount PER 100,000 Californians not per 100,000 of Mexican or Latin decent. So with your own info and granted that 60% of Californians are white and 32% are Hispanic, so for about every 127 white people one is in prison and a whopping one out of every 39 Mexicans are in jail. Hmmm...... and its only getting worse.
It's stating that .07% of Hispanics and roughly .04% of Whites are in jail. This is a difference of .03%. Roughly 2.5% of African Americans in the state of California are in jail. These numbers are not misleading, actually they are fairly accurate.

Wouldn't the total number increase be due to the total number increase of Hispanics? Also how can 16.1% of Hispanics be in prison when 35% of the total inmate population is illegal and Hispanics comprise 81% of illegal immigrants? There is a major number error.

So how can 95% of murder warrants in Los Angeles be for hispanics, yet they comprise a prison population that is not reflective of this?

Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
And again, you are missing the point. Yes, there are radicals on both sides. However, there is a HUGE difference between U.S. citizens exercising their ‘right’ to march -- be they KKK or your local PTA members; and the absolute temerity of people who have no right to even live in this country, let alone march and DEMAND anything. You act as though legal residents of this country and illegal aliens are equal. They are not.

You don’t realize that most citizens of this country do not respect hate groups such as the Skinheads and the KKK; and we are accustomed to ignoring their ignorance and bigotry. The fact that they may oppose illegal immigration is irrelevant. They have no clout in this country. However, we are not accustomed to seeing foreigners waving THEIR flags while marching in OUR streets. That is the ultimate disrespect, and it is something we can’t and won’t ignore.
Again, U.S. citizens are exercising their right to organize and march for comprehensive immigration reform and against Joe Arpaio's practices.
They are also mobilizing their friends, and encouraging other people to participate.
Once the march gets going you don't have control over who shows up, much like the anti-illegal activists.

Last edited by elansingghost; 05-04-2009 at 11:45 PM..

Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,603,261 times
Quote:
Again, U.S. citizens are exercising their right to organize and march for comprehensive immigration reform and against Joe Arpaio's practices.
They are also mobilizing their friends, and encouraging other people to participate.
Once the march gets going you don't have control over who shows up, much like the anti-illegal activists.
I have no objection to U.S. citizens marching and exercising their rights. However, we are not discussing legal residents, we are discussing illegal aliens. I would certainly hope that U.S. citizens are not marching in our streets waving foreign flags. Are you suggesting Hispanic-Americans were the ones desecrating our flag and waving the Mexican flag? If so, we truly have a more serious problem than I imagined.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
I have no objection to U.S. citizens marching and exercising their rights. However, we are not discussing legal residents, we are discussing illegal aliens. I would certainly hope that U.S. citizens are not marching in our streets waving foreign flags. Are you suggesting Hispanic-Americans were the ones desecrating our flag and waving the Mexican flag? If so, we truly have a more serious problem than I imagined.

In my original post I wrote that you can't judge the immigration-reform movement as a whole based on a few people acting like radicals. Much like you can't judge the anti-illegal activists as a whole based on the people waving the confederate flag.

The U.S. citizens organizing the immigration-reform marches; preparing the paperwork, filing for permits, requesting police protection, and publicizing the events, is what I'm discussing.

Somehow now you are accusing all Hispanics of desecrating the flag?
Should I accuse all anti-illegals of waving the confederate flag?
Of course not, because I don't generalize.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:31 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
And; what is wrong with Sheriff Joe's practices against illegal aliens? Bull Connor he ain't------------hell, many American Blacks support Sheriff Joe.

Most of us here in Arizona are in favor of Joe----------and, keep re-electing him time and time again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration