Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 AM

471 posts, read 588,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It's stating that .07% of Hispanics and roughly .04% of Whites are in jail. This is a difference of .03%. Roughly 2.5% of African Americans in the state of California are in jail. These numbers are not misleading, actually they are fairly accurate.

Wouldn't the total number increase be due to the total number increase of Hispanics? Also how can 16.1% of Hispanics be in prison when 35% of the total inmate population is illegal and Hispanics comprise 81% of illegal immigrants? There is a major number error.

So how can 95% of murder warrants in Los Angeles be for Hispanics, yet they comprise a prison population that is not reflective of this?
Because one set of numbers is for a specific city, LA. The other number are broke down by those in JAIL and those in PRISON (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/jim07.htm - broken link) in the entire state of Cali. Those numbers are not identical. Not to mention that a large percentage, it is estimated, of the illegals with outstanding warrants have assumed new identities or fled BACK to Mexico.

I go to general sources, MigrationInformation, Books on Immigration, and census and the bureau of justice sites to find this information. I do not however, go to the exact page, then go to the reference page, then go to the reference info, the take th numbers and rerun the math. My job doesn't permit me QUITE that much free time. So I will argue the numbers that I see in front of me.

The numbers I have checked tho;
Mexicans and Central Americans make up 80% of all illegal immigration.

Immigrants take from our government at a 3 tax dollars out for every one they pay in rate.

Immigrants are by and large under skilled, undereducated, and counterproductive in relation to native.

31% of immigrants have no high school diploma as opposed to 8% for natives.

Again...Immigrants Filing as head of Household are enrolled in AT LEAST ON MAJOR WELFARE PROGRAM HERE!!!

why in gods name are we bringing people here to enroll in welfare!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Milton Friedman even said, “It’s just obvious you can’t have free immigration and a welfare state.”

Do you people only see happy times and, "the good in people?"

Aside from the numbers I have listed above, even IF(tho we know It to be false), every illegal was just as sweet and gentle as could be, they are STILL a drain, a drag, a hindrance, a DISASTER for our society!

Close the borders, reinstate National quotas, Deport illegals in our prisons that have not committed heinous crimes, Execute those that have(murder, child rape, etc.), ASSIMILATE the legal immigrants, make certain welfare programs available ONLY to natives as to deter people who are here only for our social services, End the RAPE of our 14th amendment so anchor babies will no longer be usable, and so on and so on.

Is it really that hard to get people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,603,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elansingghost View Post
In my original post I wrote that you can't judge the immigration-reform movement as a whole based on a few people acting like radicals. Much like you can't judge the anti-illegal activists as a whole based on the people waving the confederate flag.

The U.S. citizens organizing the immigration-reform marches; preparing the paperwork, filing for permits, requesting police protection, and publicizing the events, is what I'm discussing.

Somehow now you are accusing all Hispanics of desecrating the flag?
Should I accuse all anti-illegals of waving the confederate flag?
Of course not, because I don't generalize.
Please indicate where in my post I accused ALL Hispanics of desecrating our flag. Fact: There were MANY Hispanics waving Mexican flags, and there have been MANY Hispanics desecrating our flag. I have no idea if these people are legal or illegal. However, either way, it is quite disconcerting. Are you condoning their behavior? A simple yes or no will suffice.

You seem fixated on the involvement of U.S. citizens, as though their presence somehow negates the disrespectful behavior so prevalent during these marches. It doesn’t.

The issue is not whether U.S. citizens coalesced with illegal aliens; but the fact that NO illegal alien has the right to march in our streets carrying Mexican flags while they demand legalization. It is simply disrespectful. Obviously, you are not offended by their behavior.

Even the uber pro-illegal Miguel Perez was appalled.

Quote:
PROF. MIGUEL PEREZ, LEHMAN COLLEGE: You do not march with a foreign flag and give the opinions that you're invading this country that you want to become a part of.

DOBBS: Miguel Perez went on to say those rallies confuse the issue. Carrying the Mexican flag is simply the wrong approach, as he put it, "it is anti-American."
CNN.com - Transcripts

Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 AM

5,402 posts, read 12,689,392 times
what the hell would black or white or brown have to do with it? arent we all citizens? i thought we were all "american"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember; illegal aliens have the same rights as any other group of criminals.

They need to leave the USA-------------immediately.

FYI: quite a few of the anti's here on this Forum are Black----------which should serve as a warning to said illegal aliens that their mere presence here is annoying, to be polite.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:16 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,920,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; what is wrong with Sheriff Joe's practices against illegal aliens? Bull Connor he ain't------------hell, many American Blacks support Sheriff Joe.

Most of us here in Arizona are in favor of Joe----------and, keep re-electing him time and time again.
Please stop bringing up Blacks...as if this somehow legitimizes anything. I'm Black, and I don't support Arpio

Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,920,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Because one set of numbers is for a specific city, LA. The other number are broke down by those in JAIL and those in PRISON (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/jim07.htm - broken link) in the entire state of Cali. Those numbers are not identical. Not to mention that a large percentage, it is estimated, of the illegals with outstanding warrants have assumed new identities or fled BACK to Mexico.

I go to general sources, MigrationInformation, Books on Immigration, and census and the bureau of justice sites to find this information. I do not however, go to the exact page, then go to the reference page, then go to the reference info, the take th numbers and rerun the math. My job doesn't permit me QUITE that much free time. So I will argue the numbers that I see in front of me.

The numbers I have checked tho;
Mexicans and Central Americans make up 80% of all illegal immigration.

Immigrants take from our government at a 3 tax dollars out for every one they pay in rate.

Immigrants are by and large under skilled, undereducated, and counterproductive in relation to native.

31% of immigrants have no high school diploma as opposed to 8% for natives.

Again...Immigrants Filing as head of Household are enrolled in AT LEAST ON MAJOR WELFARE PROGRAM HERE!!!

why in gods name are we bringing people here to enroll in welfare!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Milton Friedman even said, “It’s just obvious you can’t have free immigration and a welfare state.”

Do you people only see happy times and, "the good in people?"

Aside from the numbers I have listed above, even IF(tho we know It to be false), every illegal was just as sweet and gentle as could be, they are STILL a drain, a drag, a hindrance, a DISASTER for our society!

Close the borders, reinstate National quotas, Deport illegals in our prisons that have not committed heinous crimes, Execute those that have(murder, child rape, etc.), ASSIMILATE the legal immigrants, make certain welfare programs available ONLY to natives as to deter people who are here only for our social services, End the RAPE of our 14th amendment so anchor babies will no longer be usable, and so on and so on.

Is it really that hard to get people?
Even if it specifically for LA...the numbers don't work. LA city is 11% of the state's population. Having the largest number of criminals and a population that is over half Hispanic would HAVE to push the state's numbers well over .07%.

What is hard to get is that people would rather see our finite monetary resources going towards creating a quasi military zone on the border (maybe not you in particular) instead of trying to increase those educational attainment numbers.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:07 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,689,392 times
good job.

but you are using too much logic for them.

Quote:
Even if it specifically for LA...the numbers don't work. LA city is 11% of the state's population. Having the largest number of criminals and a population that is over half Hispanic would HAVE to push the state's numbers well over .07%.

What is hard to get is that people would rather see our finite monetary resources going towards creating a quasi military zone on the border (maybe not you in particular) instead of trying to increase those educational attainment numbers.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:

First off, if I come across as a dick in any of my future or past post please forgive me. I am just very passionate on immigration, hell you and I may have, under other circumstances, had lunch and laughed and talked about this and then had some beers later. So again, after reading my own post and wincing once or twice, I'm not attempting to attack you.

that being said..

Professor Borjas has said, “Being without work [in the United States] is still far better for most people than being employed in Central America.”

That prior quote sums up everything I have ever thought about immigration.

Imagine for me if you will; You live in a house with no running water, dirt floors, you eat maybe once a day, your sick with no way to pay... Then you step into a land of all the social welfare you could ever need, paid for by someone else, with government housing, non rejective emergency health care and a free education system. Wouldn't that be great? What have you just done? You have IMPROVED YOUR HUMAN CONDITION. Great!! For you... But now what if after your standard of living has been increase a hundred fold what is your incentive to really work much harder? I make a great living, but what if someone came along and just say TRIPLED my standard of life, AND I didn't have to pay for it. What in the world would I work for? Or work as hard for at the least? What about the other people who are there and have to pay for it all? BAD for them.

Thats the situation we are in. I am all for increasing trade with Mexico, trying, Thur trade, to help spark their economy. Thats after the borders are closed, immigration from Mexico is limited to what it was back in the 60s. After WE get back on our feet. Ya know when things get worse here in the US it gets even worse everywhere else, and with the MILLIONS of Americans out of work and using our welfare services, how in the world can we AFFORD amnesty or MORE immigration??? What are these people going to magically have jobs? NO! They are going to be a drag on us. This recession has made the negative effects of immigration multiply exponentially.

Also when you here thing like re conquista, and see stats like these;
Factor this in; according to a 2002 Zogby International survey, 58% of Mexicans agreed with this statement, “The territory of the United States’ southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico.”

then on top of that you see people here in America waving MEXICAN flags and saying that they want the same rights as US!?!?!

Their education does not concern me at the moment(maybe even in the future) either, when our own education system has become a failure. How can we be expected to save EVERYONE else when we cant even save our selves?

Its like that guy that spins the plates on top of the broom handles or dowel thingys and he starts with one then to like 5 then to 15 and so on and so on. Each one of those plates to me is like another welfare program, or amnesty, or a new spending program, etc. I guess you could equate his ability to keep them all spinning to our economy. As long as there are only a few he is fine, but if he cant keep up and over extends himself what happens? They start to fall. And when they do they all fall. Thats like the US right now. We are so over extended that we cant keep up, and everyday we fall further and further behind.

All I'm asking is that we slow down, take care of our own, only allow those with special skills or education to immigrate, those who can help bolster our nation, we CANNOT keep adding to the problem and just expect it to solve itself.

just to make sure you read it... no truer words said...
Milton Friedman, “It’s just obvious you can’t have free immigration and a welfare state.”
Thats it...

Old 05-05-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
It's stating that .07% of Hispanics and roughly .04% of Whites are in jail. This is a difference of .03%. Roughly 2.5% of African Americans in the state of California are in jail. These numbers are not misleading, actually they are fairly accurate.
Its not showing anything like this AT ALL. This is what you wrote first.
Quote:
According to the prison policy initiative Latinos had an incarceration rate of 827 per 100,000. This was lower than Blacks at 2,757 per 100,000...yet higher than Whites at 470 per 100,000.
This is per 100,000 California residents. NOT PER RACE. With about a 30% Mexican break up their it would be more like 2800 per 100,000 Mexicans.
Quote:
Wouldn't the total number increase be due to the total number increase of Hispanics? Also how can 16.1% of Hispanics be in prison when 35% of the total inmate population is illegal and Hispanics comprise 81% of illegal immigrants? There is a major number error.
Lets use the 12million illegals(total) number since its the most widely used. Your 81% is a tad off. 80% or so are from both Mexico AND Latin America. Mexicans account for about 57% of the 80% or 6.84 million. Also the 16.1 is at the Federal level. Not including county, State prisons and so on.
I admit that the numbers are hard to decipher, and I damn sure don't have time to run back on all of them. I do try to, however.
Quote:
So how can 95% of murder warrants in Los Angeles be for Hispanics, yet they comprise a prison population that is not reflective of this?
Well, warrants aren't issued for people already in jail. Ok maybe a few are, but you get my point. That number includes all outstanding warrants. Like I have said before, many illegals flee back to Mexico to avoid arrest, or assume new aliases. The prison pop. does not have to reflect the outstanding warrants for the point of the Mexicans account for 95% to be valid. Its would be like if 20 skin heads killed some people and warrants where is in a town that only had 50 people in jail and 30 where black 15 where Mexican, and five where white. Then some one says hey they make up 100% of our murder warrants, then some one comes along and says hey those numbers can't be right because our jail population doesn't support the numbers? Warrants don't automatically break down exactly according to current prison population.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 PM

50,553 posts, read 47,374,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
good job.

but you are using too much logic for them.
Here's an idea. It's called sponsorship. I think that every anchor child should only be allowed to go to school in public schools if they have a sponsor, otherwise their Illegal Alien parents pay for it. No taxes no school. As a matter of fact, a bill should be sent to every existing home of Illegal Aliens that rode out the system for free so that they can start to pay back Society. Enablers can then also volunteer to crack open their check books and start writing. I'm sure you would agree? Only people here to milk the system wouldn't, which are you?

Old 05-05-2009, 05:35 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:

I would gladly see a stronger military zone along our border vs. paying for the education of a bunch of illegal aliens or even Anchor Babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration