Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,032,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Reasoning - I told you that I retire soon and that this makes no difference to me.
My employer looks at my finances every year.

Your getting a job or not doesn't affect me in the least.
I wasn't referring to YOUR POST.

It was the one with the person saying some crap about trusting their employees around their "grandkids".

Is this how we're judging employees for jobs now? On how good they are around the employer's brats?

Last edited by marilyn220; 01-05-2013 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You're asking the person/business to give you money.
Why should they, you have to present your case to the employer.
I was being sarcastic. They can check my credit, I don't care, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I think it's NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS, especially if I won't be dealing with money.

There's really nothing I can do about it at this point.

But I will draw the line at giving my financial info such as tax returns, W2s, etc., unless I'm going for a state or fed job (which I won't be going for).

Like I said, I'm making preparations NOW to make sure that I don't have to deal with this crap in the future. As long as you don't have a criminal record, it shouldn't really matter what someone's personal credit is like. It's also none of anyone's business HOW they got extended.

I'm very, very particular about my privacy. I don't have a facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc., because I don't want to be bothered. If you want to know about me, then ask ME and/or my prior employers or references.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM

342 posts, read 408,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You want my credit report honey, then you gotta make it worth MY while.

Why should I give it to you? What are you going to give ME before I allow you into my personal financial business? Are you going to buy me dinner? A nice bracelet? Pay my cellphone bill?

What?? What's in it for ME?
Your the one asking for the job. That's what may be in it for you. But if you interview with that attitude you most likely would not get with perfect credit.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
[quote=jerseygal4u;27630430]I also want to state,and I hope it doesn't inflame,but here goes.....

I noticed when interviewing in a southern state,that they often asked questions that were illegal,something no one ever asked me in Jersey. They would ask with a smile on their faces"Are you married"?
Its illegal. Yes, we live in the same Country, but leaving NJ to NC 10 yrs. ago we realized that there are different ways to use the laws. My husband applied for a job when we first moved here and he was asked by the CEO, "how old are you". My h just laughed and told him. Also 10 yrs. ago we went into the Court House to pay our taxes and my h said to the Clerk who was smoking at her desk, "I thought smoking was banned from Federal Offices yrs. ago" her reply was-"you are in the South now "son".

Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,486,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
AGAIN, it's none of your business. You just want to be nosey. Unless the job has to do with money or proprietary information, then it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what's on an applicant's credit report.

If you want to work for me and represent my company, then it is MY BUSINESS. I have a need to know of any potential pitfall I may face when I hire an employee.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I also want to state,and I hope it doesn't inflame,but here goes.....

I noticed when interviewing in a southern state,that they often asked questions that were illegal,something no one ever asked me in Jersey. They would ask with a smile on their faces"Are you married"?
Its illegal.
Southerners are nosey like that, then they'll ask if you have children - also illegal.

I think the poster who said that nonsense about trusting their employees around their "grandkids" is also from the south or the midwest. Like seriously? WTF?? I'm still gaggin' at this.

Quote:
Also,I had worked for this agency in Nj. Worked very good,had no problems with them
I worked at the same agency down in Nc. They had all my paperwork. So why did the same agency make me fill out a permission to check my credit before I started working? Hmm...all of this for a nursing job,really?

I really think the credit process is discriminatory.
You guys do realize certain ethnicites and income levels have lower scores?
I really believe its done to keep out those of certain ethnicities and incomes who passed the backround checks and drug tests.

How hard could it be really to figure it out? Of course the poor are going to have lower scores...
Of course it is and everyone knows it.

All of these b.s. reasons for wanting to know is just that - B.S.!!!!!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I guess the poster didn't read your username.

Also,he or she didnt hear Gov. Christie's speech that we get back the least in fed tax dollars,but send the most.
So yeah,Alabama does get more back in fed tax dollars.
That's because we deserve it from you Yankee's who invaded our country and distroyed it. I hope we always take your money. Else we will leave again.

PS. For you who don't understand, That was a JOKE!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
If you want to work for me and represent my company, then it is MY BUSINESS. I have a need to know of any potential pitfall I may face when I hire an employee.
No, it's not. It's a discriminatory, nosey and invasive practice that is about to be done away in 15 MORE STATES, because they see it that way too.

The laws to abolish it will be passed THIS year.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
there is a reason u refused the credit check. they know why.
and yes they have the right to know.
dont take it too hard its a national problem, too much debt.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I also want to state,and I hope it doesn't inflame,but here goes.....

Its illegal.

Also,I had worked for this agency in Nj. Worked very good,had no problems with them
I worked at the same agency down in Nc. They had all my paperwork. So why did the same agency make me fill out a permission to check my credit before I started working? Hmm...all of this for a nursing job,really?

I really think the credit process is discriminatory.
You guys do realize certain ethnicites and income levels have lower scores?
I really believe its done to keep out those of certain ethnicities and incomes who passed the backround checks and drug tests.

How hard could it be really to figure it out? Of course the poor are going to have lower scores...
Now your making racial and untrue comments. Just because someone is black does not mean they will have low credit scores. Also income does not relate to low score. I have run too many credit checks in my business to believe that to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search