Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 11:56 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
My dad had told me long ago to never move to Oregon because they do not want new residents. I did not take him serious at the time. He also said they will not even allow you to pump your own gas. This was in the 90's, so I am sure that has since changed.
The gas thing was true up until the last year when they allowed people to pump their gas now. Most stations still have attendants to pump it, but they won't stop you if you get out to do it yourself.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:55 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
I wasn't going to mention the name of the site, but now that you did.... We live in the North Hollywood/Studio City area. Every post ends up with some kind of argument.

Maybe it's the fact that people can hide behind the keyboard that brings out the worst?

I did do a google search asking why people are so much ruder these days. It seems we are not the only one's noticing this. A lot of queries regarding this topic. Pages and pages into infinity.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:42 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
The gas thing was true up until the last year when they allowed people to pump their gas now. Most stations still have attendants to pump it, but they won't stop you if you get out to do it yourself.

Thanks for the update on pumping ghastly in Oregon. I was wondering what they were up to there these days. I always thought it strange that they pump your ghastly for you. Odd law. Glad they dumped that one or compromised.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:50 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I did do a google search asking why people are so much ruder these days. It seems we are not the only one's noticing this. A lot of queries regarding this topic. Pages and pages into infinity.

It's the same on the LV forum. I hardly post anymore because there are those who seem to want to pick a fight, who are always right, and will reiterate the same aggressive stance over and over.

It's not worth the effort to attempt a civil discussion.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:53 PM

628 posts, read 398,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
My dad had told me long ago to never move to Oregon because they do not want new residents. I did not take him serious at the time. He also said they will not even allow you to pump your own gas. This was in the 90's, so I am sure that has since changed.
Yep, New Jersey and Oregon last I checked. A very angry middle eastern man went ballistic when I tried to pump my own gas in Jersey.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:13 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
It's the same on the LV forum. I hardly post anymore because there are those who seem to want to pick a fight, who are always right, and will reiterate the same aggressive stance over and over.

It's not worth the effort to attempt a civil discussion.
People always say this, but I don't see it, really. Sure, you have some people who want to argue, but that's life on the internet and has been that way for decades. I just skip over it and don't let it bother me. it's just a message board.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:46 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I think so many people today are so angry and frustrated they need to take their frustrations and anger out someone, other than their spouses or pets.

I love that line from Eastern Philosophy, and it's so true: All arguments are juvenile.

2 people come together with their minds and ears sealed shut, and they bang their heads together for no reason at all. And what human being have you seen change over the years? I, included! It's been said that 50% of our behavior is cast in stone by the age of 7, and how much more at age 12 or 18?

Old 06-18-2019, 07:51 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Thanks for the update on pumping ghastly in Oregon. I was wondering what they were up to there these days. I always thought it strange that they pump your ghastly for you. Odd law. Glad they dumped that one or compromised.
My pleasure. Yah the law just changed in the last election cycle. I think it helps those smaller stations not have to employ a gas station attendant 24/7. Personally I like them pumping my gas. I once ruined a nice pair of black leather gloves pumping my own gas. I could never get the smell of gas off them after that.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:30 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
My pleasure. Yah the law just changed in the last election cycle. I think it helps those smaller stations not have to employ a gas station attendant 24/7. Personally I like them pumping my gas. I once ruined a nice pair of black leather gloves pumping my own gas. I could never get the smell of gas off them after that.

I don't want others to pump my gas for me. I want control over that - I am one of those that cares for my car...thoroughly. Thanks again for that information - I'm from the Seattle area so I sort of perk my ears up whenever Oregon-related news hits a board of any kind. Take good care.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:28 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
People always say this, but I don't see it, really. Sure, you have some people who want to argue, but that's life on the internet and has been that way for decades. I just skip over it and don't let it bother me. it's just a message board.

Then you are not reading the same threads I no longer read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas