Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:02 PM

240 posts, read 1,056,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicolina View Post
Alas, I see the problem now. They are too comparable. Darn it! Although personally, Huntington can be very posh which I don't like. Leaning more toward that little tight-knit Italian-american community. Will I like Lindenhurst more/less than Rocky Point?
Definitely RP, Lindenhurst is very spread out and populated. Rocky Point, though densely developed in some areas, is very insulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 06:03 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,675,564 times
Quote:
Coincidentally, my sister lives in E. Northport and my parents in Huntington. Can you really take the northshore out of a gal? LOL
Not for nothing but I really like E. Northport and Kings Park.
(Wheres Tom Moser?)
Theyre both decent values for the North Shore.

I just think youll be hard pressed to find a better buy in Suffolk than Rocky Point.

Heres what Id buy on that budget.
MLSLI.com - Find a Home
MLSLI.com - Find a Home
MLSLI.com - Find a Home
MLSLI.com - Find a Home

You can find great homes in the 3s too.

C

Old 11-12-2007, 06:05 PM

70 posts, read 179,138 times
nbres, i see what you're saying. can i ask you: does NB or WB have nice centers? i realize that they are probably not as good as Babylon Village, but just wondering how the surrounding towns are? In otherwords, people who are priced out of BV...where do they end up that's almost as nice?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:07 PM

Clamboy, I like Kings Park a lot too! E. Northport also nice, but my sister would have preferred Northport Village (they were priced out a couple of years back).

Old 11-12-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
What's your take on Sayville, everyone?
Awesome
Beautiful
Gay friendly.

C

Old 11-12-2007, 06:12 PM

CB - thanks for the listings. I especially love the first and the last houses. Wow! They seem to have a funky, relaxed appeal which, for me, beats the cookie-cutter homes in most middle income towns. Only thing I did notice is HIGH TAXES on Rocky Point. Uh oh.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:18 PM

Wait! I did just check RP listings and you can find lower taxes. PHEW! Thanks again!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:19 PM

Where is the nearest hospital to Rocky Point? Grocery store?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:19 PM

Take a spin down Straight Path when youre there.

Spend time in the Pathmark on 231 on a Sat afternoon.
I believe thats the best barometer of all (for any town).

Ask yourself if youre comfortable with the neighborhood.

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
Those areas I mentioned are very safe and insulated.

I'll give you a summary of the areas around us going clockwise. To the direct north of North Babylon is Deer Park which is fine, to east is West Islip which is great, to the south is Babylon which nice, to the west is Wyandanch, but there is a large industrial area between NB and Wyandanch.

It would be pretty hard to make a wrong turn and end up anywhere real dangerous. Even Wyandanch is not that bad - lots of new homes going up there - seems to be less African-American and more Hispanic these days. Still nothing like "bad" areas in the Bronx or Brooklyn.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:21 PM

240 posts, read 1,056,732 times
Quote:
Where is the nearest hospital to Rocky Point? Grocery store?
Mather Hospital in Port jefferson, Walbaums on 25A in RP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island