Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:28 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,233 times

Advertisements

Are there more pickup trucks on LI lately? Or maybe Im just noticing them more.

I see absolutely no reason to have a pickup truck other than as a compensating device for small male genitalia.

I use to see these Texas Cadillacs out in Suffolk mostly but I see the Wannabee Rednecks are buying them in Nassau too.

So why the need for these almost useless veeee-hickles?

Last edited by 30to66at55; 08-21-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 PM

No troll..its a legitimate question. Do you see more people in pickup trucks now and why are they buying these useless vehicles.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM

28 posts, read 74,136 times
I have a pick up truck. Did I need one? No. Did I want one? Yes. Does it cost more money to own than a car? Yes, but I knew that going into buying it, and money isn't an issue. Useless? It's more useful than most cars. It fits the same amount of people as a sedan. When I need to move furniture or something big, I don't have to bother anyone for help or rent one. And, if I have to tow something, it's more than capable. So, tell me again, how are these vehicles useless? Also, why the hell do you care? How does it affect you? Why do you let these meaningless things bother you?
Troll.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM

Useless because most dont have the dual cab and cant fit a family. They are generally poor in snow unless the back is weighed down. Rarely do people have to move anything today that requires a truck.

They should only be bought by people who need them for business.

They are simply a replacement for those dolts who use to own SUVs before the Soccer Moms took that class of vehicle as their own.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 PM

28 posts, read 74,136 times
Mine fits 5 comfortably. Most full-size pick ups come in either crew cab or mega cab. The back seats of mega cabe are bigger than any sedan out there.

Bad in snow? This past blizzard, my block wasn't plowed for days. I was the only one able to make it up and down my block. I just popped it into 4-wheel drive, and that was it.

Rarely do people have to move big things? What world do you live on? I have moved countless pieces of furniture, mattresses, kids play sets, etc. It was a huge help when I moved into my house.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe just because you don't have a need for one, doesn't mean that no one else has a need for one? Maybe you are just jealous that people can afford one and you can't?

Do you have serious mental or social issues? You must be fun to be around.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:50 PM

886 posts, read 2,648,059 times
I owned a Ford 150 in the early 1990's for about 6 months. It was convenient but after a while I got tired of having friends on the weekend looking to move furniture or pick up lumber. I was looking at a new RAM truck the other day online and almost choked at the $58,000 price.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,164,033 times
ok, I will bite troll...

Useles??...how useless is it when I need to go grab mulch or topsoil? What about moving that family members sofa? What about throwing all the beach crap in the bed of the truck? Dirt roads up-state with 17" deep tracks?..no problem.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM

I suppose there is a class on long island that can not afford to pay for delivery so they go out to buy a ridiculously oversized vehicle to put in mulch.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:46 PM

Why should they close this thread? I am serious about inquiring if others have noticed an increase in pickup trucks on Long Island.

I see no reason for them except as work trucks. However, people appear to be buying them for basically leisure use with occasional hauling.

If we can have dozens of pizza and school district threads, whats wrong with this topic

Old 08-21-2013, 02:55 PM

42 posts, read 73,599 times
You've have multiple reasons as to why people own one and you attack the class of people they are. Instead of asking, just be honest and say that if you drive a truck I'm going to mock you. You don't actually care why someone drives one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: