Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 01:07 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,815,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You're the one who brought up Appalachia, not me.
Well, there are really nice parts of Appalachia, as well as really trashy parts. Same thing with NYC/LI, but if I had a choice, if my car broke down, I'd much rather be stuck in the trashiest part of Appalachia than the trashiest part of NYC/LI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
And yes, indeed, drunk all the time, molesting children, and having sex with relatives! Read the harrowing tale of this woman who spent part of her youth living in her father's hometown in WV:
Too bad for her. Now, she is going to find herself financially molested by the tax authorities on Long Island. West Virginia isn't all rednecks and trash, there are some lovely towns scatterted throughout the state. I particularly love Morgantown, really big university, socially liberal, lots of professionals and retirees, and beautiful bike and hiking trails. The eastern panhandle over near Hagerstown is also nice. West Virginia, country roads!

Old 01-10-2015, 04:38 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,775,033 times
Quote:
You're right! Look at this DRAMA QUEEN thread he started on the NYC forum on 11-01-2012, 01:07 PM (which ended up getting locked), stating he lives in Chinatown ...

Better Get The Power On Soon - The Projects Are Turning Into the Superdome
//www.city-data.com/forum/26757645-post1.html

Note how the third sentence is poised to start trouble in the thread already. And the title is Drama Queen material if I ever saw any.

And he really lived in Chinatown (where he was "staying with a Chinese friend" not owning anything or paying rent), then bought and sold a home on LI with high taxes, then moved to PA and bought a townhouse ... in only 2 years? Please!

We've been had! We should all block this guy. Nothing but a troublemaker and BS artist. And I usually don't put people on ignore.
Yep this guy is full of it and probably just trolling. I bet he's never even owned a house on LI!

Old 01-10-2015, 11:42 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,818 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...nt-say-18.html

Here is his post on 12/20/14:

The only thing I really hate about Pittsburgh is the persistent dreary cloud cover that occurs in the winter months. It is downright depressing. People will say, "oh it's not so bad, the sun peaks through the clouds every couple of weeks." The weather people are also delusional and lie. On their little extended weather forecasts, they will always paint a mixture of sun and clouds, but every morning they amend their daily forecast to say that we will be socked in with clouds, flurries, and cold drizzle. It gives you false hope and when you realize the truth, it makes you just want to curl up in a ball and cry.

it sounds really nice where he lives - and you can save 10 grand as soon as you get there. Must be great. I remember those times when I curled up in a ball and cried -uh, oops, that never happened to me yet.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:38 AM

481 posts, read 1,060,792 times
^^^ all this is pretty funny.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:14 AM

This month has been sunny though. Crystal clear blue skies yesterday. I cross country skied through a local park and saw a deer.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:49 AM

Ny789987,
How long have you lived in SW PA? And, did you own a home on LI, and if so, what town?

Old 01-11-2015, 07:35 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,890,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Then go ahead and block me. Good riddance. Stick your head in the sand and be merry. I could care less. Was merely expressing my opinion.
Look at your thread title. You're "back on LI" when you were never here on your own two feet. Count that with all the other misleading statements you've made and had to backtrack on - and WE'RE supposed to block you - how about just stop posting before you trip over another lie? Or don't, and keep us entertained. It's all worth about the same.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Look at your thread title. You're "back on LI" when you were never here on your own two feet. Count that with all the other misleading statements you've made and had to backtrack on - and WE'RE supposed to block you - how about just stop posting before you trip over another lie? Or don't, and keep us entertained. It's all worth about the same.
You sound very bitter and have a lot of anger issues if you obviously have time to look through hundreds of posts of other posters in order to impeach someone who criticizes your precious home. I am sorry that you are miserable and bitter, but I was merely providing my personal opinion as to how much life was better outside of the LI area. If you enjoy paying over $10,000 in property taxes every year and being packed in like rats in a cage with hellish traffic and little access to green space, so be it. Maybe you are stuck there because of your job. If that is the case, I'm sorry, but it is too bad that you have to take out your frustration on those people who found greater peace and quality of life in Fl, PA, NC, Id, or wherever. I was merely relating my personal opinion as to not being homesick at all when I visited for the holidays. So often on here, I used to read discouragement and outright venom against those who were contemplating leaving: "You will hate it there!" "Outside of the NY area everyone is a redneck and sleeps with their relatives!" "You will never be able to eat pizza again!" Such nonsense! If you are going to accuse other people of lying, why don't you quit lying by telling newcomers that obscene and outrageous property taxes will immunize them from having to live near trash, when LI is loaded with trash and enlightened judges there are pushing even more trash into formerly sacrosanct places as Garden City.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:36 AM

OP, your original post sounded bitter and resentful to me. You basically insulted us LIers and now feel insulted when other posters are just trying to figure you out. As for no green spaces, flat out wrong. Where I live, I look out my window to a farm, and I am far from the boon docks. Maybe that's not the norm, but in Suffolk County there are beautiful properties with views, where houses aren't an arm's length away. Yes, I hate the taxes, and often toy with the idea of moving, but LI is a FAR cry from the hell hole you make it out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island