Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2022, 01:09 PM

909 posts, read 1,836,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Downside? I guess that’s why the administration is now spending BILLIONS of dollars on test kits? To see how well the vaccinations are working? As Covid numbers are probably double or triple than reported. Especially since many are NOT reported due to home testing kits?
So no downside? I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 01:24 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,529,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
Teachers unions are very powerful. Not going to happen in NY.
Very true! All at the tax payers expense. Especially since they were given BILLIONS on dollars to get schools ready for in class room learning.

Old 01-04-2022, 01:52 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Not true. The hospital system I work for is 60%+ vaccinated. This is a fact.
I'm not directing this at you per se, just that it's a good jumping off point - there's data on this if anyone cares to read it. I understand that if you get your news from the idiot box (or, just as bad, Newsday, like someone else posted), they don't tell you these things. All news companies have some sort of bias, and that bias most often manifests itself in simply not telling you certain things (lying by omission) and/or focusing their coverage on something else. They strive to be "technically true", but that's where it ends. So, yes, "hospitalizations" are up. You're then lead to assume that this is because of Covid, or worse, because of the unvaccinated seeking care for Covid.

The actual data is here in case you want to slog through it. Short answer is that the hospitals are "strained" because too many people are calling 911 or going to the ER with only mild symptoms, or just wanting a test. This is the result of the public health authorities scaring people unnecessarily, forcing people to test to work, go to school, or enter venues, and reduced numbers of staffed beds due to laying off unvaccinated health care workers. And now we have the public health ghouls telling people not to call 911 since FDNY can't administer tests or admit people to the hospital.

Total inpatient census has not changed. This is all self-inflicted. And yet they just keep trying more of the same failed policies.

Here's an easier to read graph from my link:
Attached Thumbnails
Covid Booster Vaccine-firrnxtxwaiplhm.jpg  

Old 01-04-2022, 02:42 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times
Quote:
There is no amount of hyperbole that will make up for you depriving your children of a safe vaccine. You're gonna have to work the guilt out on your own terms.
Humans turned into social troglodytes by social media affirmation of their low-life behavior often will try to deflect their own pathetic mental state on others.

You have a lot of growing up to do.

Old 01-04-2022, 02:45 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,142,604 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting the fear mongering media is leaving a juicy story of vaccine side effects untold? Do you see any downside for anyone taking the Covid vaccine?
No, few if anybody know about vaccine side effects there may be. We've only had them for about a year with a cohort that is huge, which means that it's difficult to figure out what is a side effect from the vaccine or caused by something else.

There are downsides, but they haven't been confirmed yet.

Old 01-04-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Humans turned into social troglodytes by social media affirmation of their low-life behavior often will try to deflect their own pathetic mental state on others.

You have a lot of growing up to do.
You're doing a lot of projecting and its not a good look.

You ma'am have a lot of nerve.

Old 01-04-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
No, few if anybody know about vaccine side effects there may be. We've only had them for about a year with a cohort that is huge, which means that it's difficult to figure out what is a side effect from the vaccine or caused by something else.

There are downsides, but they haven't been confirmed yet.
There are no downsides. Its the right thing to do. Thats why you did it, that's why most of us did it. Pretty simple.

Old 01-04-2022, 04:36 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times
Quote:
You're doing a lot of projecting and its not a good look.

You ma'am have a lot of nerve.
Sounds like you failed to win a point in a previous debate on vaccine mandates for kids or something and your hurt is following you around.

Get over being wrong, as when it comes to this argument about children and covid vaccines, you are going to have to get used to it.

Old 01-04-2022, 05:16 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,142,604 times
Quote:
There are no downsides. Its the right thing to do. Thats why you did it, that's why most of us did it. Pretty simple.
Oh, I was wondering why I did it. Actually I didn’t do it because “it was the right thing to do”, I did it because at the time Covid looked like a greater risk to me than the vax, I was taking care of me.

And I’m glad you’ve determined that there are no downsides, have you published your findings yet?

Old 01-04-2022, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Oh, I was wondering why I did it. Actually I didn’t do it because “it was the right thing to do”, I did it because at the time Covid looked like a greater risk to me than the vax, I was taking care of me.

And I’m glad you’ve determined that there are no downsides, have you published your findings yet?
Doing it to "take care of you" is and was the right thing to do. Everyone that has done that is in really good shape of living out the rest of this winter. A job well done sir!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island