Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 07:37 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,761,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I'll submit one for the LIE and say it needs to be repaired from exit 33 through 73 on all lanes in both directions
When it rains or snows it's even more dangerous because you can't see them. Parts of sunrise are now starting to have some dangerous Potholes. Be careful out there today. I gave up on cars. SUV only for the commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 07:44 AM

874 posts, read 729,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
When it rains or snows it's even more dangerous because you can't see them. Parts of sunrise are now starting to have some dangerous Potholes. Be careful out there today. I gave up on cars. SUV only for the commute.
And now your stuck in a gas guzzling vehicle with gas climbing to $10 a gallon...

Old 03-12-2022, 10:25 AM

401 posts, read 945,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Every single day! Again, for the 20 minutes/10 exits I’m on the LIE (61 to 51) I see at least 2-4 flat tires 3-5 days per week. Last week, 5 on Thursday. That’s just going West bound! How many are there PER DAY!

Last Friday there was a major accident on the LIE. One hour to go 15 miles. The DOT showed up. NOT to fix the pot hole, but to “inspect”. One exit away, another car with a flat. Looked like all the emergency responders attended to that one right after the first one.

Amazing you don’t hear any of this on the news. News 12? Snoozday?

Snoozday did have a story on the potholes. It was on the front page a couple weeks ago. You must have slept through it

Old 03-12-2022, 06:13 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajimenez View Post
Snoozday did have a story on the potholes. It was on the front page a couple weeks ago. You must have slept through it

It is possible he used the front page to line his bird cage and missed it.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:26 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,363,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
And now your stuck in a gas guzzling vehicle with gas climbing to $10 a gallon...
That is self inflicted. Doesn’t have to be that way. Not much other choice anyway, electric vehicles are still 59 years away to be a viable choice.

Old 03-13-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
Better than paying 1000+ to replace two rims and two tires like i had to do last April . I'm done with that. I can't avoid the LIE. SUV for me....

Old 03-13-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajimenez View Post
I wanna read that one. Can you send the link?

Old 03-16-2022, 07:16 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,363,901 times
Quote:
That’s what happened to me when my Axel broke after hitting one. You couldn’t see that it was 7” deep when driving over it in the rain.

Old 03-17-2022, 07:12 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,137,639 times
Quote:
Better than paying 1000+ to replace two rims and two tires like i had to do last April . I'm done with that. I can't avoid the LIE. SUV for me....
I apologize in advance for being dense. How does an SUV protect you in terms of potholes vs a car?

Old 03-17-2022, 07:40 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I apologize in advance for being dense. How does an SUV protect you in terms of potholes vs a car?

I believe what he is saying, from my interpretation, is that most "cars" come with steel rims. Decades ago, I don't recall steel rims being bent so much by hitting a pothole. Alloy rims hold up better in this situation. They won't bend, but they can crack. I do know of one person who did crack their alloy rim after hitting a pothole. But the number of cracked alloy rims to bent steel rims is very minimal. However I am going only by what I read and hear on Long Island. I'm not talking about going off road or anything other than the LIE.

Whether the person's alloy rim was cracked prior or had a flaw, I do not know.

Most SUV's offer an alloy rim option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island