Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 07:08 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,535,247 times

Advertisements

They are here as we speak! The sound & smell of spring! Love it! Yard looking great! Best money spent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 10:21 AM

20,938 posts, read 28,455,262 times
Mine is coming first week of may. My lawn has not really grown much. I don't use chemicals on my lawn. I just have him cut it every two weeks and leaf blow. 30 minutes later he's done. I feed wild birds and don't want them exposed to any lawn chemicals. I love birds.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Mine is coming first week of may. My lawn has not really grown much. I don't use chemicals on my lawn. I just have him cut it every two weeks and leaf blow. 30 minutes later he's done. I feed wild birds and don't want them exposed to any lawn chemicals. I love birds.
Nice! 5 hours later, they are still on my block doing spring cleanups. Probably 3-4 for the day. So nice to see my neighbors maintaining their properties.

Old 04-11-2022, 02:19 PM

855 posts, read 452,283 times
I wonder if the crybabies have considered how terrible their neighborhoods would look if not for landscapers and what that would do to their property's value.

Or that if everyone cut their own lawn you'd hear more noise as a three man crew with professional ride-ons goes much faster than a homeowner with their little walk behind.

Next time you see landscapers on your street, thank them and give them a glass of lemonade.

Old 04-11-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
I wonder if the crybabies have considered how terrible their neighborhoods would look if not for landscapers and what that would do to their property's value.

Or that if everyone cut their own lawn you'd hear more noise as a three man crew with professional ride-ons goes much faster than a homeowner with their little walk behind.

Next time you see landscapers on your street, thank them and give them a glass of lemonade.
They are still here! I think the OP would’ve had a stroke! I always give them bottled water & tip them with every monthly bill. Last year they moved two couches to the street for me. Best $30 spent! Same guy for 12 years.

Old 04-11-2022, 07:15 PM

20,938 posts, read 28,455,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
They are still here! I think the OP would’ve had a stroke! I always give them bottled water & tip them with every monthly bill. Last year they moved two couches to the street for me. Best $30 spent! Same guy for 12 years.
Notice how the OP has not responded in a while.

Old 04-11-2022, 07:43 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,894,290 times
Quote:
I just caught up. Sorry I don't visit everyday like I used to. Next time you say that, you may want to check if I'm posting elsewhere on CD hoping to avoid a thread, or if I'm actually not posting at all.

There are legitimate excuses (disability) and then there are people who claim that their time is worth too much yet they are here posting on CD forums. What a joke. How stupid can you people be? It's like you people are claiming laziness doesn't exist. Occam's flippin' razor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
The VERY few neighbors I have that do their own lawns also have noisy power equipment, except they use it at 7pm while I’m having dinner.

Also, imagine enjoying or having the time to do yard work. Peasants. I’m busy earning more in a week than you lawn-DIY’s earn in a year.
BS. All of them have noisy equipment? All of them do it at 7pm? BS. That's rather consistent. You know, like the landscapers for sure are consistent about their noisy equipment and weekly schedule.

Imagine having the time to post on CD and proclaiming you're that "busy". You've already stated in a previous thread that you're terrible at lawn care. What's there to be good at? Not hard for people to make the jump that you're probably not good at many things while sitting up there. You think that actually puts you in a good light? Doing work and what you earn are not mutually exclusive. Please don't tell me you raise kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post

You're telling me homeowner's lawnmowers, and lack of screaming leafblowers would actually be worse? Can you not understand commercial machines make more noise which travels further so more people in a neighborhood would hear them? What the actual ____?

Last edited by ovi8; 04-11-2022 at 08:12 PM..

Old 04-11-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Probably cutting the lawn.

Old 04-11-2022, 08:13 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,894,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Probably cutting the lawn.
I've done it once. It took me 15 minutes. It hasn't grown much this time of year, genius.

Yet the landscapers made sure to make an hour job out of the neighbors'. Got to show that fee was worth it. Or something. Win for you guys? You seem content on spending wastefully while sipping the same lemonade that I do.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:01 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Only on Long Island can Lawn Crew Vs DIY homeowner become a thing.

What's next? Noisy snowblower vs Shoveling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island