Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 05:19 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,530,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Another term could be Property Management. As that's what many essentially are. Cleanups. Maintenance. Turn on/off the irrigation. Aerating. Plants/flowers. ALL THE THINGS neighbors see and value on their streets. Everyone hates the unkept house around the corner.

Don't be the community eyesore!
There’s always one! Those decibel levels on those mowers are a killer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2022, 05:19 AM

412 posts, read 289,325 times
Quote:
Another term could be Property Management. As that's what many essentially are. Cleanups. Maintenance. Turn on/off the irrigation. Aerating. Plants/flowers. ALL THE THINGS neighbors see and value on their streets. Everyone hates the unkept house around the corner.

Don't be the community eyesore!
These crybabies can't handle looking at what they think is an "unkempt" house. Oh my god, the horror. First world problems.

Meanwhile the "kempt" house destroys the peace in the neighborhood, things that neighbors hear and value on their streets. The "kempt" house fills the environment with chemicals, pesticides, and toxic emissions. Which is is really "kempt" and which is "unkempt?

The only thing louder than the leaf blowers is the whining of these crybabies.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:56 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Look at this circle jerk of people above. Claiming property values and such when you won't even take pride in owning your own homes. You take pride in your car, you wash it yourself. You couldn't care as much? Pay and throw it in a car wash. Your mentalities are all crossed. Yeah, property values is really the reason you pay for someone to do this work for you - right.

Many acknowledge noise is a problem and then you turn around and say "then move... to another noisy area". To accept a noise problem when there is a clear solution (don't use them when you can do it yourself and not contribute to the issue) is not an actual resolution and so you continue to laugh it away with other delinquents. You're not any better than the people who let problems be problems because it's fine and convenient for you. LMAO this and that circle jerks on the internet who make guiding a mower on top of their grass sound like a big chore - wow so unexpected.

Quote:
But it's apparent some people can't wrap their heads around the simple reality that a three man professional crew gets in and out much quicker than a homeowner going at it alone. And most landscape companies bang it out in a few mins during the week whereas homeowners are more likely to do it after work when you're trying to BBQ.
Your "simple reality" isn't true for everyone. Unless you have a large plot of land (doubtful) where they're in and out and don't fine-tooth-comb everything, it's simply not true. Others have said it, and I see it everyday in-season. The same 3-man crew on a small area of grass in our area - they're here for an hour doing unnecessary things like blowing the lawn and sidewalk for 20 minutes. Complete overkill and unnecessary noise and dust. "Professional crew" - wtf. They're operating machinery that does the same things ours does. You're sitting here telling me I'm the one who can't understand something while you're justifying your extra expense and laziness with transparent fluff... what a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Great point. Only in a first world suburb can you complain about upkeep of that very same suburb.
Right, because upkeep isn't possible without landscapers at every house. More stupid justification. There's only 2 reasons someone wouldn't keep up with it - disability/senior or laziness.

Last edited by ovi8; 04-15-2022 at 08:46 AM..

Old 04-15-2022, 11:26 AM

Circle jerk? Who doesn’t own their own home & decides to cut the landlords lawn? Last I checked, curb appeal for selling a home. Oh, self pride in ownership too.

Amazing people knocked down for keeping up on their lawn maintenance. What’s next? The power washing is too noisy?

Just curious, what are the decibels on your lawn mower? What time of the day do you start that noisy machinery?

“They're operating machinery that does the same things ours does.”
Best $30 I’ve ever spent! Especially when it’s reaching 100 degrees!

Old 04-15-2022, 05:59 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,158,192 times
Best thing I ever did was buy an electric EGO mower, trimmer & blower from Home Depot. Quiet, efficient and best of all I don’t have a landscaper showing up in the middle of August when it don’t even need cut. My grass has never looked better.

Ok you guys can go back to your circle jerk!

Old 04-15-2022, 06:15 PM

412 posts, read 289,325 times
Hey mysticpearl, Mamaroneck, NY has banned gas leaf blowers. Property values are super high... higher than the majority of Long Island. It looks plenty neat, quite a beautiful town actually. I wonder how they achieved that.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:07 AM

855 posts, read 451,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
Hey mysticpearl, Mamaroneck, NY has banned gas leaf blowers. Property values are super high... higher than the majority of Long Island. It looks plenty neat, quite a beautiful town actually. I wonder how they achieved that.
They banned electric too.

So either people will ignore it, likely. Or local law enforcement will waste their time going around answering complaints about gas and electric blowers.

Orwellian.

Old 04-16-2022, 11:12 AM

14,476 posts, read 12,101,318 times
People who are upset about the sights and sounds of other people doing ordinary things like lawn mowing and leaf blowing, or playing basketball in the driveway, shouldn't live in suburbia. Buy a bigger acreage!

Old 04-16-2022, 05:40 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
But FREEDOM!!!

Old 04-18-2022, 08:49 AM

I just referred a neighbor to my landscaper. His property looks amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island