Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 09:35 AM

4 posts, read 6,659 times

Advertisements

Hi Id like to ask a question about LA living, while I visited many times how bad is crime in decent neighborhoods?
Is it something you still have to be wary of even in good areas?
I live in Denver and in the metropolitan area outside of the suburbs car theft is pretty rampant.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2023, 09:37 AM

612 posts, read 351,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oping0000 View Post
Hi Id like to ask a question about LA living, while I visited many times how bad is crime in decent neighborhoods?
Is it something you still have to be wary of even in good areas?
I live in Denver and in the metropolitan area outside of the suburbs car theft is pretty rampant.

Thanks.
No, in good areas it's mainly just homeless and retail theft not violent crime

Old 11-30-2023, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 2,882 times
I agree that most people's living situations are dictated by their job location. But let's say you work from home. Which neighborhood would you live in the LA area if you didn't have to commute?

Old 12-01-2023, 06:46 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,545,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButFirstBoba View Post
I agree that most people's living situations are dictated by their job location. But let's say you work from home. Which neighborhood would you live in the LA area if you didn't have to commute?
When we moved out to LA from NY, we probably could've moved anywhere, but we ended up in Manhattan Beach. It's been over 10 years now, and I couldn't imagine a better place in the LA area to live.

If I never had to leave my house, I'd be tempted to give Palos Verdes a shot. It's a longer drive to anything off the peninsula, but there are some amazing views there.

Old 12-02-2023, 01:48 PM

LA:

The good things are better than you expect, and the bad things are worse than you expect

Old 12-02-2023, 09:58 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Even the rich are picking up sticks, which tells you how bad things are.

CA lost at least two seats in Congress because of depopulation. I imagine those seats are now in Texas and Florida

Old 12-02-2023, 10:04 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButFirstBoba View Post
How much do you want to pay? The sky's the limit. L.A. has the highest rents in the US as far as I know. San Diego might be just as high now. San Francisco used to be the most expensive but so many have fled that their rents have dropped. Still too high for what you put up with.

I bet the lure of open drug use appeals to you. Rampant drug use invites rampant crime. Even the rich are becoming victims of crime now. Before, they lived in their bubble.

Old 12-08-2023, 05:36 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Even the rich are picking up sticks, which tells you how bad things are.

CA lost at least two seats in Congress because of depopulation. I imagine those seats are now in Texas and Florida
Which is why I wonder when will CA become affordable to the upper-middle class. I made a thread about wanting to move to CA, so I lurk around here. From the info I am gathering, it just doesn't seem worth it now. Rather pay less and deal with less crime, than pay more and deal with more crime.

Old 12-08-2023, 05:44 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I bet the lure of open drug use appeals to you.
What a bizarre thing to post.

Old 12-09-2023, 10:07 AM

I haven't seen open drug use. I think that's a San Francisco thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles