Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 11:21 PM

15 posts, read 16,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
If LA could magically have a more extensive rail network overnight and wetter weather, I think it would be much closer to an ideal. Aside from that, if you consider those last two flyover dead-ends I wasted too much of my life in, I wanted a more educated population, a more global presence and representation, indoor and outdoor activities, a variety of entertainment and cultural amenities, a large and diverse dining and nightlife scene, more job opportunities and room for career growth, greater urban aesthetic, large LGBT community, and place for me to really reach my potential. I feel like my life is far too precious and valuable to throw away in those slag heaps I suffered through while I worked my way up, and I don't feel so little of myself that I need to resort to living in one of them and pretend that was my plan all along.

I'm glad I made the move and I feel like life is moving forward at long last, after several years of stagnation.
I agree with you on looking at the positives. But I have questions about your negative view on other places. I've lived in large and small cities and don't understand many points here, at least regarding a city as big as Phoenix.

Most moderate sized 'fly over dead end' American cities... do they not have enough educated people for you, really? LA's demographic stats on educational attainment are much worse than many smaller flyover cities.

What does 'global presence' mean? I agree LA is a very cosmopolitan place.

If you can't find indoor and outdoor activities in a place like Phoenix I can't believe you sincerely tried hard to look. In boring flyover Madison WI there's a ton of things to do and it's a tiny fraction the size and geographical complexity of LA. Same with entertainment and cultural amenities. Yes LA has a lot of cultural events but does Phoenix not have any? And dining, nightlife... I'd understand if you lived in a rural area but not a large city.

Not enough career options in the large metropolitan 'flyover' areas of the US? No large LGBT community? I honestly would be very interested to hear how LA is so much different in all these aspects because I find it would seriously impact my future relocation choices to learn that my current region is so awful.

Especially considering practical realities of what a person can access in a reasonable travel time. In some flyover cities it's easy to drive from one end to the other in a short amount of time, so any cultural/social event in the metro area is available to you. LA has awesome opportunities in many ways but I didn't know that other places were that that much worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 12:49 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,179,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisonisahome View Post
I agree with you on looking at the positives. But I have questions about your negative view on other places. I've lived in large and small cities and don't understand many points here, at least regarding a city as big as Phoenix.

Most moderate sized 'fly over dead end' American cities... do they not have enough educated people for you, really? LA's demographic stats on educational attainment are much worse than many smaller flyover cities.

If you can't find indoor and outdoor activities in a place like Phoenix I can't believe you sincerely tried hard to look. In boring flyover Madison WI there's a ton of things to do and it's a tiny fraction the size and geographical complexity of LA. Same with entertainment and cultural amenities. Yes LA has a lot of cultural events but does Phoenix not have any? And dining, nightlife... I'd understand if you lived in a rural area but not a large city.

Not enough career options in the large metropolitan 'flyover' areas of the US? No large LGBT community? I honestly would be very interested to hear how LA is so much different in all these aspects because I find it would seriously impact my future relocation choices to learn that my current region is so awful.

Especially considering practical realities of what a person can access in a reasonable travel time. In some flyover cities it's easy to drive from one end to the other in a short amount of time, so any cultural/social event in the metro area is available to you. LA has awesome opportunities in many ways but I didn't know that other places were that that much worse.
A lot of elitists here bash every other state to justify the cost of living here. It makes them feel better as they fork out 2000 for a 1 bdrm apt that they never see because they have to work so much to pay for it then sit in traffic for a hour

Old 01-09-2019, 09:03 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,341,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisonisahome View Post
Disclaimer: I didn't like living in LA so I moved. However, I can probably answer these pretty well.

Quote:
Book smart is not always "educated" IMO. I went to school in the region you're referring to. Many people are just not as worldly and educated on global matters. They aren't accustomed to international foods and are less open to trying them. They often have less social awareness, less desire to travel, and are more closed-minded when it comes to outsiders of any kind. I found friends that were interested in similar things, but it wasn't common for me to meet people who are as aware of the world.

Quote:
To me, it would refer to the fact that, as mentioned above, LA is well-regarded internationally, and has a lot of global presence within the city itself. Whether that be immigrants from all over the world, people aware of global issues, or just people willing to try the plethora of ethnic restaurants staffed by immigrants. And access to international destinations is increased with easy international flights.

Quote:
Indoor/outdoor activities I agree. Mostly on outdoor. As for entertainment and culture, it's the amount of options LA provides. After living in smaller cities, I appreciate that LA and NYC have SO MANY options. There are far more restaurants and bars to try in many more neighborhoods. The nightlife of larger attracts bigger name artists/musicians. The museum quality in larger cities is often better, and there is higher quantity of museums as well. A place like Phoenix would not have as many cultural events as LA, it does not have the quality and quantity of museums, and it doesn't have the amount of local culture and activity to produce the amount of local restaurants and bars spread throughout nearly every neighborhood.

Newer Sunbelt and Middle America suburban-ish places rely more heavily on fast food and chain restaurants. I can't tell you how many chain restaurants I never tried growing up simply because they weren't even close...and why bother when there were so many better options that were local? The only fast food that's prevalent in my part of LA was McDs, BK, Carl's Jr, Taco Bell, and In n Out. I could't tell you where a Wendy's is if my life depended on it. I knew on Chili's and one Olive Garden and Outback. Never knew a TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, Sonic, DQ, Red Lobster, B Dubs, etc. I'm not saying all people in all Sunbelt/Middle America towns eat at those consistently. But the fact that it's so hard to even find those in LA kinda proves how LA has a higher quality of local dining/entertainment. Other parts of the country are more focused with familiarity and eating at chain restaurants. Going into the suburbs of LA, you will find these places, but not in the urban part. And that's common for many cities. But the urban area of LA is massive compared to other cities.

Quote:
While competition is higher in a place like LA or NYC, job openings are more common as well. They're more a revolving door in the bigger markets. And there is often more opportunity for growth due to the revolving doors within a company and higher level management being concentrated in the larger markets.

LGBT communities exist all over the country. However, LA does care about its LGBT community more than most cities. We have more protections and more acceptance from the general population, so we're not as much relegated to a community and can be a part of the larger city fabric as a whole. That's not to say a place like Madison or Phoenix is dangerous for gays or unwelcoming. But LA provides lots of resources and protections and is more accepting throughout the entire region than other cities. And Madison is progressive, but small. Hard to compare in terms of LGBT acceptance when one is an educated college town and one is a massive region. Madison goes toe-to-toe with places like Santa Monica and West Hollywood, but leave Madison and it's not as accepting as leaving SaMo and WeHo.

Quote:
Yes, true. LA offers tons, but it's hard to access them. It's one of the reasons I moved. I'd much prefer taking a subway to something nearby than driving in a car across town in traffic. That said, if you're able to get there, LA does offer more. I just don't want to sit in traffic to get to it, so I moved to NYC.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:12 PM

925 posts, read 1,065,051 times
[quote=jessemh431;54099950]Disclaimer: I didn't like living in LA so I moved. However, I can probably answer these pretty well.

Book smart is not always "educated" IMO. I went to school in the region you're referring to. Many people are just not as worldly and educated on global matters. They aren't accustomed to international foods and are less open to trying them. They often have less social awareness, less desire to travel, and are more closed-minded when it comes to outsiders of any kind. I found friends that were interested in similar things, but it wasn't common for me to meet people who are as aware of the world.

To me, it would refer to the fact that, as mentioned above, LA is well-regarded internationally, and has a lot of global presence within the city itself. Whether that be immigrants from all over the world, people aware of global issues, or just people willing to try the plethora of ethnic restaurants staffed by immigrants. And access to international destinations is increased with easy international flights.

Indoor/outdoor activities I agree. Mostly on outdoor. As for entertainment and culture, it's the amount of options LA provides. After living in smaller cities, I appreciate that LA and NYC have SO MANY options. There are far more restaurants and bars to try in many more neighborhoods. The nightlife of larger attracts bigger name artists/musicians. The museum quality in larger cities is often better, and there is higher quantity of museums as well. A place like Phoenix would not have as many cultural events as LA, it does not have the quality and quantity of museums, and it doesn't have the amount of local culture and activity to produce the amount of local restaurants and bars spread throughout nearly every neighborhood.

Newer Sunbelt and Middle America suburban-ish places rely more heavily on fast food and chain restaurants. I can't tell you how many chain restaurants I never tried growing up simply because they weren't even close...and why bother when there were so many better options that were local? The only fast food that's prevalent in my part of LA was McDs, BK, Carl's Jr, Taco Bell, and In n Out. I could't tell you where a Wendy's is if my life depended on it. I knew on Chili's and one Olive Garden and Outback. Never knew a TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, Sonic, DQ, Red Lobster, B Dubs, etc. I'm not saying all people in all Sunbelt/Middle America towns eat at those consistently. But the fact that it's so hard to even find those in LA kinda proves how LA has a higher quality of local dining/entertainment. Other parts of the country are more focused with familiarity and eating at chain restaurants. Going into the suburbs of LA, you will find these places, but not in the urban part. And that's common for many cities. But the urban area of LA is massive compared to other cities.

While competition is higher in a place like LA or NYC, job openings are more common as well. They're more a revolving door in the bigger markets. And there is often more opportunity for growth due to the revolving doors within a company and higher level management being concentrated in the larger markets.

LGBT communities exist all over the country. However, LA does care about its LGBT community more than most cities. We have more protections and more acceptance from the general population, so we're not as much relegated to a community and can be a part of the larger city fabric as a whole. That's not to say a place like Madison or Phoenix is dangerous for gays or unwelcoming. But LA provides lots of resources and protections and is more accepting throughout the entire region than other cities. And Madison is progressive, but small. Hard to compare in terms of LGBT acceptance when one is an educated college town and one is a massive region. Madison goes toe-to-toe with places like Santa Monica and West Hollywood, but leave Madison and it's not as accepting as leaving SaMo and WeHo.

Yes, true. LA offers tons, but it's hard to access them. It's one of the reasons I moved. I'd much prefer taking a subway to something nearby than driving in a car across town in traffic. That said, if you're able to get there, LA does offer more. I just don't want to sit in traffic to get to it, so I moved to NYC.[/QUOTE

I take the Metro in LA to most places that are worth visiting. Add the bus system in and it’s even more accessible. Not as good as NYC but then most places aren’t. Public Transportation is by no means bad in LA. Try it sometime.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
I take the Metro in LA to most places that are worth visiting. Add the bus system in and it’s even more accessible. Not as good as NYC but then most places aren’t. Public Transportation is by no means bad in LA. Try it sometime.
Oh trust me I have. I lived in LA without a car for a bit. It was the best time I had in LA. But it's still not like here. And buses still get stuck in gridlock. LA is underrated for living without a car, but it's way easier in NYC still and I love getting everywhere here without a car.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:29 PM

567 posts, read 431,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
We live in Los Angeles county Unincorporated and I actually hate it. Why? The traffic and drivers. We have too many people in this area not far from Space X and you are taking your own life into your hands when driving here.

People do not know how to drive and I believe many are from different countries. I mean no disrespect but I have to be honest. Drivers will cut in front of you and pull a U-TURN. It's crazy. I have become a very aggressive driver because you have to be today in order to survive out there. The younger people text and I swear if the light turns green they have their nose down at their phone and sometimes we miss the light. It has become ridiculous.

Don't let me forget the high speed pursuits...lately too many of them. These punks who rob INNOCENT people from ALL ethnic backgrounds who just want to survive by having a business are being robbed blind in Los Angeles. They try to get away from police - jump out of cars and terrorize neighborhoods. No, Los Angeles is no longer friendly. It has become a cesspool.

I am hoping to retire (my husband) in 5 yrs. I am pretty sure we are going to get out. One thing that does concern us - we have good doctors in Torrance/Redondo Beach and the thought of leaving them scares both of us. I keep thinking all will change but the traffic is getting worse.

My husband was hit from behind in his new Tundra a few years ago while sitting in traffic on freeway. It was backed up and came to stand still. A car came zooming up from behind - and hit him. The guys car looked like an accordion and my husband Tundra's back bumper fell off.

I'm a native Californian been here for 65 yrs. It has changed drastically. Just too many people - too many cars. Not fun.
I lived in the South Bay (Redondo Beach and Torrance) for 10 years before moving back east for a job. When I came back to LA I was determined to find a place close to DTLA where I worked for 12 years. I now live 10 miles from downtown in great neighborhood where I feel very much a part the city and enjoy the city vibe around me. In the South Bay, which is a bit dull and very, very suburban, I would have never dreamed of using public transit. Where I live now I have that option and use the Red line subway to get to DTLA or the Gold Line to get to Pasadena. One time I got real daring and used the Red line to Union Station then hopped on a MetroLink train to Anahiem for an Angels game. When I have out of town visitors, most of the sites they want to see.....Hollywood/Highland, Griffith Park Observatory, Hollywood Bowl, Universal, DTLA, Venice, The Grove, Santa Monica, etc. are all accessible via public transit (Red Line subway, Expo light rail) and Uber.

The only thing I miss about the South Bay is the beach, the wide Boulevards, and the Del Amo Mall in Torrance.....LOL.

Last edited by Angelino19; 01-09-2019 at 05:44 PM..

Old 01-09-2019, 08:44 PM

307 posts, read 242,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
The only thing LA has over any other major city in America is few rainy days and almost no below-freezing days. If you want to be near hiking and outdoors stuff, that's fine. But as for an actual city, LA is not that great. It's the geography of LA that people like, not actually the city of LA. If LA had NYC's climate, LA wouldn't even be on anyone's radar as a cool place.

And when you have a normal 9-5 M-F job, it's not like you can actually enjoy the nice weather that often. You get the weekends. The rest of the year, you're sitting in traffic to/from work and then in an office for hours per day. I mean...great...you see sun and it's warm and sunny while you sit in your air conditioned car to your air conditioned office and then drive to an air conditioned restaurant in an ugly strip mall in your air conditioned car before going home to your air conditioned house and when you go bar hopping at night you have to bring a light jacket with you because nights don't actually stay warm like they do on the east coast.

There might be tons of stuff to do, but you're CONSTANTLY sitting in traffic to do ANYTHING. Traffic to the museums, traffic to the bars, traffic to the beach, traffic to the mountains, traffic to downtown, traffic to the amusement parks. So yeah there's stuff to do, but that nonstop traffic is just sooooooooooo draining.

And the beach itself sucks. The water is cold. You can barely go out that far until it drops off steeply. The waves are so big it's exhausting just to play in the water and cool off. LA doesn't actually really focus on the beach the same way many east coast resort towns do. Even NYC has Coney Island. You get there on a direct subway line from Manhattan. It feels like a real beach getaway. LA doesn't have the bar/restaurant/club type of scene right on the beach the way other cities do. Some, yes. But vast stretches are just McMansions facing the beach.

Nothing feels different. Go to the beach, it feels like LA. Go to DTLA for an urban night out, it feels like LA. Go hiking, it feels like LA since everyone is there for the Insta. Go to the mountains for skiing/snowboarding, it feels like LA. OTOH, I actually enjoy going to a place that feels like a real getaway. A day at the Jersey Shore feels like a real getaway. A weekend in the Catskills or Poconos feels like a real winter getaway.

It's secluded and there isn't much around LA to see and do in terms of other cities and their cultures. You have San Diego and that's about it. Next closest cities are SF, Phoenix and Las Vegas, but with bad traffic, they can be an 8 hour drive away. And trains only exist to SD. On the east coast, you can drive from one city to another that feels like an entirely different place in a very short amount of time. Trains are sometimes even faster than driving to one of the other cities. Once you're in the city, LA's public transit is not sufficient to ease traffic concerns. In most other large, global cities throughout the world, you wouldn't even THINK of renting a car. You just know you can take public transit all over. In LA, renting a car is almost a necessity when visiting. It's possible without, but not easy.

As for architecture, what are you talking about the East Coast is 99% colonial boxes? I mean...have you heard of places like Boston, Providence, NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC, Miami, etc.? LA has some good architecture, but the old historic buildings in cities of the Northeast can't be matched in LA. Unless you're talking about like suburban Maryland, Boston suburbs, Westchester County, etc., idk where you're seeing 99% colonial boxes. On the same note, I could say LA is 99% 1950s post-war boxes that are just a collection of squares inside other squares with no character whatsoever. Oh and don't get me started on my hatred for the dingbat apartment style.

I truly think LA is one of the most overrated places on earth. I'm from there. I've lived in LA, San Francisco, Louisville, Jersey City, Philadelphia, Madrid (Spain), and Bologna (Italy).
I agree with the traffic which is downright horrible most of the times and how the metro needs to improve which it is btw.. but I strongly disagree with your statement that every part of LA seems alike. Manhattan Beach, to Santa Monica, to Pasadena, to DTLA, to Inglewood, to Silverlake, to Watts, to Beverly Hills and so forth look and feel nothing alike imo and to many other people I know. The patchwork-quilt styled city of LA is a strong point and also a negative point as well to some individuals. Most people like a traditional city and I definitely get that I do not feel that every part of LA is the same thing. And really that's the first time I've heard someone say that.

And I've been to numerous cities over the years: NY, Chicago, The Bay, Philly, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Rio, etc. and they're all great in their own way - and they all have their negative aspects as well. Also you mentioned how you can't enjoy everything in LA due to traffic and working a regular steady job but how many people in the rat race of NY go to Coney Island, the Poconos, Catskills, the Hamptons, etc? Its the same sh*t as LA but in a different way. Plus their subways and trains are a mess right now. I have alot of friends and family who live in Chicago don't enjoy it like you'd think they would cause of work commitments, school, horrific weather, some unsavoy parts of the southside, etc.

I do agree that parts of LA is ugly as sh*t but it is what it is. Not really defending LA but what you mentioned can be said about any city on the face of the earth but in a different way.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
I agree with the traffic which is downright horrible most of the times and how the metro needs to improve which it is btw.. but I strongly disagree with your statement that every part of LA seems alike. Manhattan Beach, to Santa Monica, to Pasadena, to DTLA, to Inglewood, to Silverlake, to Watts, to Beverly Hills and so forth look and feel nothing alike imo and to many other people I know. The patchwork-quilt styled city of LA is a strong point and also a negative point as well to some individuals. Most people like a traditional city and I definitely get that I do not feel that every part of LA is the same thing. And really that's the first time I've heard someone say that.

And I've been to numerous cities over the years: NY, Chicago, The Bay, Philly, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Rio, etc. and they're all great in their own way - and they all have their negative aspects as well. Also you mentioned how you can't enjoy everything in LA due to traffic and working a regular steady job but how many people in the rat race of NY go to Coney Island, the Poconos, Catskills, the Hamptons, etc? Its the same sh*t as LA but in a different way. Plus their subways and trains are a mess right now. I have alot of friends and family who live in Chicago don't enjoy it like you'd think they would cause of work commitments, school, horrific weather, some unsavoy parts of the southside, etc.

I do agree that parts of LA is ugly as sh*t but it is what it is. Not really defending LA but what you mentioned can be said about any city on the face of the earth but in a different way.
While every city has its own vibe in the LA area, they all contribute to the fabric that makes LA. So when you go on short road trips, that collective vibe follows you. A little part of every place that makes LA is there, which can be comforting for some, but makes it monotonous for me. Just IMO.

I regularly go all over for dinner and nightlife and beaches and stuff. I have friends in the UWS, UES, Astoria, FiDi, HK, northern Brooklyn, Jersey City and Hoboken. We go out in Williamsburg, the LES, HK, Chelsea, Jersey City and some others less often. We travel to Flushing for Chinese food, Bergen County for Korean food, Newark for Brazilian/Portuguese/Spanish food, Coney Island for the beaches, Asbury Park for the beaches, visit friends in Boston/Philly/DC/Baltimore on the train, and more I can't think of. It's more than I did in LA because if I went out drinking, I couldn't drive home and Uber/Lyft are expensive. Here, the subway might suck at night sometimes, but it'll get me home for cheap or a Lyft is often not more than like $15, usually around $8. In my 22 years growing up in LA, I went to Chinatown only for lunches while working in DTLA for a few years, Little Tokyo once, WeHo for nightlife a handful of times, Hollywood a few times, etc. I mainly went out in Culver City, Santa Monica, Manhattan and Hermosa. Because I had friends to crash with and not pay for Lyft that could be like $40.

It's not to say all that similar stuff CAN'T be done in LA, I just think it's easier and more relaxing and more affordable to do it in NYC. The trains mean no Lyft and no parking costs and nobody has to DD. And you can go anywhere without worrying about gridlock traffic. Subway might be crowded or delayed a bit, but nothing is as bad as driving on the 405, 10 between 110 and 405, 110 through downtown, or Lincoln Blvd and PCH on a summer day.

For people who enjoy driving, I guess it's not a big deal. But for people like me who don't like driving, give me a delayed train any day over gridlock and SigAlerts on the way to dinner. Also you get to take the train home with your friends if you live the same direction. It's fun instead of getting in your separate cars to drive the same way.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:54 AM

567 posts, read 431,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
While every city has its own vibe in the LA area, they all contribute to the fabric that makes LA. So when you go on short road trips, that collective vibe follows you. A little part of every place that makes LA is there, which can be comforting for some, but makes it monotonous for me. Just IMO.

I regularly go all over for dinner and nightlife and beaches and stuff. I have friends in the UWS, UES, Astoria, FiDi, HK, northern Brooklyn, Jersey City and Hoboken. We go out in Williamsburg, the LES, HK, Chelsea, Jersey City and some others less often. We travel to Flushing for Chinese food, Bergen County for Korean food, Newark for Brazilian/Portuguese/Spanish food, Coney Island for the beaches, Asbury Park for the beaches, visit friends in Boston/Philly/DC/Baltimore on the train, and more I can't think of. It's more than I did in LA because if I went out drinking, I couldn't drive home and Uber/Lyft are expensive. Here, the subway might suck at night sometimes, but it'll get me home for cheap or a Lyft is often not more than like $15, usually around $8. In my 22 years growing up in LA, I went to Chinatown only for lunches while working in DTLA for a few years, Little Tokyo once, WeHo for nightlife a handful of times, Hollywood a few times, etc. I mainly went out in Culver City, Santa Monica, Manhattan and Hermosa. Because I had friends to crash with and not pay for Lyft that could be like $40.

It's not to say all that similar stuff CAN'T be done in LA, I just think it's easier and more relaxing and more affordable to do it in NYC. The trains mean no Lyft and no parking costs and nobody has to DD. And you can go anywhere without worrying about gridlock traffic. Subway might be crowded or delayed a bit, but nothing is as bad as driving on the 405, 10 between 110 and 405, 110 through downtown, or Lincoln Blvd and PCH on a summer day.

For people who enjoy driving, I guess it's not a big deal. But for people like me who don't like driving, give me a delayed train any day over gridlock and SigAlerts on the way to dinner. Also you get to take the train home with your friends if you live the same direction. It's fun instead of getting in your separate cars to drive the same way.
I have a few friends in NYC, Manhattan, and they rarely venture off the island. The last time any of them saw Coney Island was when they were children. Unlike you, my Manhattan friends wouldn't think of going anywhere else for dinner or lunch outside of Manhattan. Not even to Brooklyn. And since none of them own cars, when I visit we get around on the subway or Uber. And when they do leave Manhattan it's usually on a plane to Florida

Old 01-10-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelino19 View Post
I have a few friends in NYC, Manhattan, and they rarely venture off the island. The last time any of them saw Coney Island was when they were children. Unlike you, my Manhattan friends wouldn't think of going anywhere else for dinner or lunch outside of Manhattan. Not even to Brooklyn. And since none of them own cars, when I visit we get around on the subway or Uber. And when they do leave Manhattan it's usually on a plane to Florida
Lol yeah sadly that's the mentality of many people in Manhattan. But that's starting to change now that BK is so hot. Also because a lot of friend groups have friends in BK, Queens, and Jersey City now. It's only the Manhattan squads that are afraid to leave. Everyone else will travel around. But it's getting easier to draw the Manhattan crowd out lately. Similar to getting Westsiders across the 405 tbh lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles