Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2018, 08:48 PM

639 posts, read 1,072,581 times

Advertisements

Don't forget John Lee Cowell, the homeless guy who stabbed and killed a woman at random at a BART station:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-le...ay-2018-07-23/

But yeah, the two women must have done something to provoke him. He couldn't have just been a mentally ill person who flipped.

But on the plus side, one more homeless person is now housed, this time for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 09:13 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
Don't forget John Lee Cowell, the homeless guy who stabbed and killed a woman at random at a BART station:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-le...ay-2018-07-23/

But yeah, the two women must have done something to provoke him. He couldn't have just been a mentally ill person who flipped.

But on the plus side, one more homeless person is now housed, this time for life.
Of course he could have been a mentally ill person who flipped. What has been posted here to say that couldn’t happen? What’s been presented here by me is entirely clear and irrefutably so: much more violence is committed against homeless by housed persons than the other way around. Not even close comparatively. Yet, that does not say the reverse never happens. The homeless are in more danger of personal, physical attack by us, than we are from them - however scared you may feel about them. Numbers don’t lie.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

2. It certainly was the work of violent crazy persons ... almost certainly the drunk college boys.
That's a pretty biased thing to say. Suppose a black person and a white person got into a bloody fight, and someone said the black person must be responsible because blacks have a higher violent crime rate. That would be immediately and correctly seen as biased. You don't know what happened here. Don't make assumptions.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:41 PM

494 posts, read 286,452 times
Wonder where all this money went that was given to help the homeless situation

https://lasentinel.net/hud-grants-th...elessness.html

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/01/11...help-homeless/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26048...e-jared-sichel

Old 08-25-2018, 09:46 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,186,254 times
Quote:
That's a pretty biased thing to say. Suppose a black person and a white person got into a bloody fight, and someone said the black person must be responsible because blacks have a higher violent crime rate. That would be immediately and correctly seen as biased. You don't know what happened here. Don't make assumptions.
I agree he sounds like a defense attorney turning the victim into the criminal. If the white males had any blame in this our liberal media would have pounced on them like white on rice.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I agree he sounds like a defense attorney turning the victim into the criminal. If the white males had any blame in this our liberal media would have pounced on them like white on rice.
Lol. Seriously you two. My comment was in direct response to Exitus’ accusation that the homeless guy should be assumed guilty ... without any further evidence or investigation ... assume it was the homeless guy simply because he is a homeless person. Exactly what you are objecting to ... too gawd damned funny. “Don’t make assumptions.” Tell that to Exitus. My point precisely. Thanks for making my point.

That said, if an assumption is warranted, it favors the greatest statistical occurance. Which, in this case, grossly disfavors the college drunks.

Goodnight all. Lmao.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
One more comment, Finper ... funny you use the attorney analogy. My sister and several friends who are all attorneys have said many times I missed my calling, exactly. They say I would slay in trial work.

Goodnight.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Lol. Seriously you two. My comment was in direct response to Exitus’ accusation that the homeless guy should be assumed guilty ... without any further evidence or investigation ... assume it was the homeless guy simply because he is a homeless person. Exactly what you are objecting to ... too gawd damned funny. “Don’t make assumptions.” Tell that to Exitus. My point precisely. Thanks for making my point.

That said, if an assumption is warranted, it favors the greatest statistical occurance. Which, in this case, grossly disfavors the college drunks.

Goodnight all. Lmao.
So your response to him making a bad assumption, is to make another bad assumption. Because your bad assumption is better than his bad assumption. Why don't we just stop making assumptions. None of this "if an assumption is warranted" stuff. Because an assumption isn't warranted.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
So your response to him making a bad assumption, is to make another bad assumption. Because your bad assumption is better than his bad assumption. Why don't we just stop making assumptions. None of this "if an assumption is warranted" stuff. Because an assumption isn't warranted.
Genghis ... just stop ... you are tying your mind in knots. No, my point was made to illustrate the foolishness and inappropriateness of his “ass”umption to begin with.

I posted three possible scenarios to exactly demonstrate why his assumption should not be made.

Good grief man ... I’m beginning to assume you can’t possibly really have the thought processes you write out.

I notice you are only attacking me here and not addressing Exitus. Pretty revealing of your agenda. I really rub you the wrong way, eh? Lol.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Genghis ... just stop ... you are tying your mind in knots. No, my point was made to illustrate the foolishness and inappropriateness of his “ass”umption to begin with.

I posted three possible scenarios to exactly demonstrate why his assumption should not be made.

Good grief man ... I’m beginning to assume you can’t possibly really have the thought processes you write out.

I notice you are only attacking me here and not addressing Exitus. Pretty revealing of your agenda. I really rub you the wrong way, eh? Lol.
Yeah, your arrogance and bias irritates me. You have this utter certainty that you are right about everything, and that those who disagree are just stupid, even as you reveal your extreme bias in favor of the homeless and make self-contradictory arguments. All the while you act like you are brilliant and others are stupid ignoramuses. So yeah you rub me the wrong way. You probably rub a lot of people the wrong way.

Last edited by Genghis; 08-25-2018 at 10:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles