Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 11:40 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post

To let what is going on in Cali, especially in Bay area, is simply wrong and disgusting...
I agree! But it's not California's fault.

We are federally attached to the rest of the United States and we:

1.) Do not (in my opinion) get back as much as we should when we send taxes to Washington DC. Especially considering the size and scope of our economy.

2.) try to enact, via state government means, programs that should be enacted federally. The federal government should have a very strong social safety net with the states only providing meager supplemental safety nets. Instead, we have been forced to do the exact opposite because the Republicans have successfully used racist propaganda to convince much of the rest of the country to chop up the safety net so that no blacks or browns get anything out of it.

3.) We are doing everything we can, while being mocked and ridiculed by you right-wingers after you've intentionally dismantled everything at the federal level.

Something is nice and it works.

Republican meathead walks into the room and throws it on the floor.

Republican meathead then says "see, I told you it didn't work!"

Capitalism reigns supreme here in the US of A and you're just seeing the effects of it here in California, because the wealthy are coming in and buying real estate all over due to the state's desirability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 11:59 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
A home in Pacific Palasades is millions. A nice home in Gilbert is $275k. I'll sacrifice some weather for that kind of deal.
I wasn't referring to the weather and climate of Phoenix: it's the "city" (a term you have to use very loosely there) and the people. What I found so laughable in your silly claim is that Phoenix values hard work and rewards people, when those were among the laziest, least ambitious, yet most self-entitled people I've ever come across. I hope you're prepared for the sticker shock, too, because that price you just mentioned is a bit low for Gilbert. You may find some homes that cheap, but Gilbert is overall more expensive than that. Phoenix is cheaper than LA...but perhaps you ought to take a moment to really question why.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:19 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Sleepy, I find your posts ineffective, sorry, not motivated to respond.

Tulemutt, on the other hand. Fine, if you call your early primate relatives well domiciled under a tree or cave, then go right on ahead. I call that homeless and living rough.

But then you say drug culture existed forever, no, that one doesn't stick at all. I don't think meth was being cooked in the Roman Empire. Also, I'd like you NOT to visit Singapore, China or Japan today with your stash of even California legal weed. I like having you around to debate on these forums.

Drug abuse is not the way of life for most people. Not judging how anybody got there, just saying just because I am not in a position to judge, doesn't mean I think it's strictly to be avoided and bad for you in all ways possible.

To let what is going on in Cali, especially in Bay area, is simply wrong and disgusting... just a way for Democrats to pander to extreme progressives for votes. As they do on the topic of illegal immigration.
Primitive living is what we are biologically designed and suited for ... the more shiny baubles and beads and toys we add, the more maladjusted we become. Some handle it better than others but that’s the straight scoop. Most mental illness, non-communicable diseases and debilitations (many cancers, heart disease, diabetes, athlete’s foot, acne, Crohn’s, and a bazillion other conditions) don’t exist in primitive lifestyle ... all members of the troop are egalitarianly cooperative and productive ... aaaaand drug / alcohol abuse / addictions are non-existant.

Personally, I don’t care which lifestyle you prefer: primitive or “sophisticated” ... I’m just here reporting science and history. You complain about drug use? Try the loin cloth lifestyle in the Amazon and be free of it. But blame liberals? Ahahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn’t say meth was cooked in the Roman Empire. I said, correctly, that drug use and abuse has been around since the neolithic in pretty much all cultures. Alcohol, psychedelic mushrooms, weed, opium, cocoa leaves ...

And ahahahahahahahaha if you think there’s no drug use in China and Japan.
Quote:
Illegal drug trade in China
... The major drugs of choice are injectable heroin, morphine, smokeable opium, crystal methamphetamine, nimetazepam, temazepam, and MDMA. Preferences between opium and heroin/morphine, and methods of administration, differ from region to region within China. The use of heroin and opium has increased among the younger population, as income has grown and the youth have more free time. China considers crystal methamphetamine abuse second to heroin/morphine as a major drug problem. The use of MDMA has only recently become popular in China's growing urban areas.
I can go on all day enlightening you on drug use around the world historically

Anyway, if you’d prefer to live under the kind of totalitarianism found in places like Singapore, once again: knock yo’sef out and go live there. Simple.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:20 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
I wasn't referring to the weather and climate of Phoenix: it's the "city" (a term you have to use very loosely there) and the people. What I found so laughable in your silly claim is that Phoenix values hard work and rewards people, when those were among the laziest, least ambitious, yet most self-entitled people I've ever come across. I hope you're prepared for the sticker shock, too, because that price you just mentioned is a bit low for Gilbert. You may find some homes that cheap, but Gilbert is overall more expensive than that. Phoenix is cheaper than LA...but perhaps you ought to take a moment to really question why.
Phoenix is full of Californians. So my analysis of what your toxic mind is saying is Californians that wanted a less stressful more relaxed lower COL area with nicer people moved there. So Ca is left with road rage stress balls working themselves to death and never making ends meet. Sounds about right to me

Old 03-24-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Phoenix is full of Californians. So my analysis of what your toxic mind is saying is Californians that wanted a less stressful more relaxed lower COL area with nicer people moved there. So Ca is left with road rage stress balls working themselves to death and never making ends meet. Sounds about right to me
jesus what a leap! All the “nice” Californians left for Phoenix and the stressed out stayed? How about there are more people in LA than in the whole state of Arizona ... and most the folks in California are staying because they love it here? If they didn’t they’d all be in AZ, get it?

Old 03-24-2019, 12:47 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
jesus what a leap! All the “nice” Californians left for Phoenix and the stressed out stayed? How about there are more people in LA than in the whole state of Arizona ... and most the folks in California are staying because they love it here? If they didn’t they’d all be in AZ, get it?
If toxic d can claim the entire population of Phx are lazy and self entitled I can claim what I did. And the fact that the population of LA is larger then Arizona does not bode well on the stress factor. There are def certain people on this forum I hope never leave the state.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:48 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Sleepy, I find your posts ineffective, sorry, not motivated to respond.
In other words, you can't rebut facts

Old 03-24-2019, 12:55 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
....then you say drug culture existed forever, no, that one doesn't stick at all. I don't think meth was being cooked in the Roman Empire.
2,737 BCE First recorded use of cannabis as medicine by Emperor Shen Neng of China...:The 10,000-year World History of Hemp and Cannabis

Cannabis in the Ancient World: https://hightimes.com/culture/high-h...ancient-world/

Old 03-24-2019, 12:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
If Phoenix is full of Californians why do you want to move there? There are some great states that most Californians wouldn't even consider moving to, like Mississippi and West Virginia, those would be a much better fit. You can probably buy a mansion for 50k in those states, or at least a double wide on it's own lot

Old 03-24-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
If toxic d can claim the entire population of Phx are lazy and self entitled I can claim what I did. And the fact that the population of LA is larger then Arizona does not bode well on the stress factor. There are def certain people on this forum I hope never leave the state.
You can claim whatever you wish, certainly. But, as the late Patrick Moynihan once pointed out:
“Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ... but not their own facts.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles