Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 04:10 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,771 times

Advertisements

https://calmatters.org/articles/comm...to-california/

No end in sight. Dan Walters is one of the few in CA that isn't afraid to look at the issues and tell it how it is. Increased taxes are the answer! Bigger government! Universal everything for all! That's what Gavin ran on so it better happen!

Last edited by Burkmere; 03-24-2019 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 04:50 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If Phoenix is full of Californians why do you want to move there? There are some great states that most Californians wouldn't even consider moving to, like Mississippi and West Virginia, those would be a much better fit. You can probably buy a mansion for 50k in those states, or at least a double wide on it's own lot
Actually I'm also considering S Carolina. I love the Savannah and Charleston areas. One step ahead of you..... There's a lot of states a lot better then Ca. I also love Louisiana.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:07 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Actually I'm also considering S Carolina. I love the Savannah and Charleston areas. One step ahead of you..... There's a lot of states a lot better then Ca. I also love Louisiana.
You’re on a roll! South Carolina is #1 for meth labs! Always great to be #1 at something ... lol.

But, jokes aside, every state has its pluses and minuses. Beauty everywhere. Frustration everywhere. Ya just gotta pick the spot that floats your boat best for your hull design. Good luck with the search!

Old 03-24-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You’re on a roll! South Carolina is #1 for meth labs! Always great to be #1 at something ... lol.

But, jokes aside, every state has its pluses and minuses. Beauty everywhere. Frustration everywhere. Ya just gotta pick the spot that floats your boat best for your hull design. Good luck with the search!
True!

Old 03-24-2019, 09:41 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,547,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
There are def certain people on this forum I hope never leave the state.
And...you're still here sucking up our oxygen??? For how much longer?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 AM

427 posts, read 368,199 times
Quote:
If Phoenix is full of Californians why do you want to move there? There are some great states that most Californians wouldn't even consider moving to, like Mississippi and West Virginia, those would be a much better fit. You can probably buy a mansion for 50k in those states, or at least a double wide on it's own lot
I've considered Charlotte and Nashville but I dont like humidity or any snow. Phoenix is the most economical decision for a tech worker. Vegas is cool but few tech jobs.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:26 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
I've considered Charlotte and Nashville but I dont like humidity or any snow. Phoenix is the most economical decision for a tech worker. Vegas is cool but few tech jobs.
tech jobs in Phoenix?

Old 03-25-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
tech jobs in Phoenix?
Yes, that’s the sucking sound you hear from the Bay Area..and then tere’s this...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/03/...reaking-point/

Old 03-25-2019, 09:23 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerere View Post
You know what I saw in that article? The fact that a lot of poor black people that don't work in tech are going to be moving out of the East Bay in the next decade.
I doubt if he read the article, some posters just seize on the headline

Old 03-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I doubt if he read the article, some posters just seize on the headline
Nah, I can't read. I live in Arizona now, remember?

"They cite a litany of reasons: high housing prices, traffic jams, the cost of living and homelessness. It’s so bad that about 44 percent say they are likely to move out of the Bay Area in the next few years, with 6 percent saying they have definite plans to leave this year.

More than 7 in 10 respondents cited the high cost of housing and living, traffic congestion and homelessness as the region’s top problems.

Roughly 80 percent of respondents in Alameda, Contra Costa and San Mateo counties called traffic a serious problem. About three-quarters of respondents in Santa Clara County and 70 percent in San Francisco County agreed.

Ruzon, a native of Illinois, misses the institutions and traditions in the Midwest that bind communities together. In Silicon Valley, he said, it’s hard to find a decent Fourth of July parade. Despite its vast wealth, the region lacks a civic core, he said.

“We’ve tried to put down roots,” Ruzon said. “It’s been very difficult to put down deep roots.”

They didn't even mention the feces all over many of the streets of SF and the needles you have to be careful not to step on.

Thanks for my pension though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles